FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Seat selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1886668-seat-selection.html)

FlyerfromORD Jan 6, 2018 12:22 pm

Seat selection

This will be my first time on SAS. Booked two different trips and realized I was not offered the opportunity to choose seats except on the US to Copenhagen leg. I tried to view the reservation and add a seat selection for the return CPH - ORD. I keep getting error messages, seat selection doesn't appear on the reservation even though it seems to "take" when I input it. No seat selection was offered for the CPH - HAM booking. This is with a regional carrier - does SAS not allow early seat selection on SAS GO bookings? I also tried to input my passport info and it didn't record. I'm working through the SAS website, logged into my account. All very frustrating. Any advice/comments from experienced SAS travelers?

CPH-Flyer Jan 7, 2018 11:14 am

Short haul flights does not offer advance seat selection, unless you are SK Gold or above (official rule), it is generally reported that it works for most if not all "G card holders.

Long haul should work. But the website is a bit quirky at times.

FlyerfromORD Jan 8, 2018 6:16 am

Thanks CPH-Flyer. Two days of trying - website won't take my passport details or Hubby's. Cannot select seat for our return leg. Totally unimpressed. I downloaded the App and was able to have the passport details saved. But still no luck with App on seat selection for return leg of journey. I hope the website/App unreliability is not indicative of what I can expect on SAS.

I am an elite flyer with Cathay Pacific. Their website is also quirky at times, but it has never totally failed me on multiple attempts. No excuse for this really. SAS - are you listening????

CPH-Flyer Jan 8, 2018 6:21 am

There is of course the possibility that all seats available for pre selection are gone. But I do think that is unlikely....

FlyerfromORD Jan 8, 2018 7:49 am

I thought of that, but it does seem unlikely over 3 months out for a middle of the week flight not near a holiday period. Maybe I will try phoning SAS, just curious at this point what the big deal on getting a seat assignment is! Thanks again for your support and sharing your experience!

SK_RSJ Jan 8, 2018 3:07 pm

Which SAS-website are you using? ASR has a number of problems still on the new platform. Make sure you try with the old site, it is here: www.flysas.com or classic.sas.se for instance.

SK2751 Jan 15, 2018 3:49 am

It is a bit unclear regarding LH/SH. I assume that your problems are with the ORD segment, not the HAM segment. For the latter, you need to be a *G (Cathay status should not cut it), or you need to pay.

Innocent Abroad Jan 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Just booked ORD-CPH-HAM (the outbound to SFO) and was able to select seats for all the segments with no problem. But Perhaps it went smoothly because I have *Gold status.

zeer0 Jan 19, 2018 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad (Post 29310191)
Just booked ORD-CPH-HAM (the outbound to SFO) and was able to select seats for all the segments with no problem. But Perhaps it went smoothly because I have *Gold status.

Yea that's why.

Innocent Abroad Jan 19, 2018 3:35 am

Originally Posted by zeer0 (Post 29311845)
Yea that's why.

Thanks, good to know. Also first-timer with SAS.

asnovici Jul 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad (Post 29310191)

Does that cover a companion of a Gold on the same booking for seat assignments?

CPH-Flyer Jul 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici (Post 32546556)
Does that cover a companion of a Gold on the same booking for seat assignments?

Seat assignments for *G is not a stated benefit with SK, it is for SK's own Gold and above members but as seat selection is not an alliance wide benefit in *A, it has had various reports of success and failure on SK with *G status.

Be happy if you get seat selection at all, don't be too disappointed if it fails.

oliver2002 Jul 21, 2020 2:46 am

Booked some domestic flights on Sunday, definitely no more free seat selection for *G.

zeer0 Jul 23, 2020 2:41 am

The *G loophole hasn't worked since last year. It's a damn shame.