Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any news on lifetime Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Any news on lifetime Gold?

Anyone got any news on Lifetime Gold status for those of us still below geriatric age?
Previous threads announced it would go live in 2017 - which is rapidly coming to a close....
Any info?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Download the current issue of Scandianvian Traveler and go to page 196.

To make it short: they still plan to introduce it, but have no schedule.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Download the current issue of Scandianvian Traveler and go to page 196.

To make it short: they still plan to introduce it, but have no schedule.
Same as family pooling 😂😂😂
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
Same as family pooling 😂😂😂
Maybe the pooled the launch dates....
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Maybe the pooled the launch dates....
Most likely... It sure would be nice if they got these things done sooner then later
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
Most likely... It sure would be nice if they got these things done sooner then later
Somehow, I have a suspicion that neither is going to happen. But let's see...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: *G
Somehow, I have a suspicion that neither is going to happen. But let's see...
I hope some sort of ombudsman or authority will punish them if that is the case.
I have no idea about the legislation, but advertising such perks for years and then not implementing them... that can't be legal.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Thanx Guys - it is indeed weird to advertise it for so long and not implement it. No one forced them to advertise it in the first place....
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:26 am

They are not being very smart with these issues as they are driving people to credit elswhere. The cost of these perks are neglible and yet they could be bringing in more customers should they actually bring these perks online. Ie I fly 100k a year on star alliance and my family flies 25-55k each on star with me. Now those miles go to A3 and my family account while they could go to EB if EB had implemented the family pooling

Since alot of these flights are on SK they are actually paying for the miles to go elswhere I am sure I am not the only one i. This situation.

Many may go after Life time gold if it was a for sure thing but alot of ppl may just start elswhere instead...

How hard can it be for them to get this program online??
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:21 am

I think maybe the core issue is that they wanted too many changes at once. And then saying that by migrating the old EB-system to the new one will solve all problems they have with the old one. Now over half year after the migration there seem to be still unsolved issues and we are still waiting. Oh, and then we also have the new website which still isn't really complete.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studentCPH
I hope some sort of ombudsman or authority will punish them if that is the case.
I have no idea about the legislation, but advertising such perks for years and then not implementing them... that can't be legal.
The fact that the reference to life time gold has disappeared from the website is what makes me suspicious. Or if it is just well hidden, I might be less suspicious.

There would probably be a cause for a false advertising claim eventually.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
They are probably pooling the lunch hours, not the launch hours
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:36 am

The fact that the reference to life time gold has disappeared from the website is what makes me suspicious. Or if it is just well hidden, I might be less suspicious.

There would probably be a cause for a false advertising claim eventually.
Well Lifetime Gold exists for some time already. All that they proposed was changing qualification requirement that was / (is?) from 10 (non-) consecutive years Gold (qualified by points) and being around 60 years old to just 10 consecutive years.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Well Lifetime Gold exists for some time already. All that they proposed was changing qualification requirement that was / (is?) from 10 (non-) consecutive years Gold (qualified by points) and being around 60 years old to just 10 consecutive years.
I know. But the old version was never a published benefit. So it is easy to remove.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.