Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Am I screwed? SAS says I will go thru passport control between non-schengen flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I screwed? SAS says I will go thru passport control between non-schengen flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I hope you qualify for using the cheap SK Youth tickets. It has been reported in this forum lately that now your ID will actually get checked before you are able to board.
If you have no domestic or intra-Schengen flights like LHR - ARN - HKG your id will be checked regardless of the ticket.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is not (regular) ID check I'm referring to (which undoubtly will happen). For SK Youth tickets your age (< 26y) will get checked as well.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm confused. Why would you purchase PVG-PEK-LHR on CA when you already have PVG-CPH-ARN on SK?
That's because I plan to leave Shanghai on Jan 6th, which is a peak season, and SK blocks the youth ticket availability during that period. When I booked the ticket they blocked all departure dates before Jan 12th from PVG, now they block the entire January! That's why I have to get a separate ticket coming back to London and connect my flight back to LA. I'm only 20 years old, so ID check is not gonna be a problem. For the skipped PVG-CPH-ARN leg, I chose the departure date in late March in case I can use it during spring break. But even if I don't take that leg, I'm not losing much.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I see. It all makes sense now. Thx for the explanation. Have a good and safe trip!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Your ticket being in Chinese should not be a problem. You just need to find out a web tool (SK's? LO's? whatever?) to load the reservation into an English speaking interface, and print it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.