Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Another enhancement, separate Star Gold check-in no longer a benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:46 pm
ksu
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G

After the removal of third-party lounges, SAS has now devaluated EBG/EBD again, by removing separate Star Gold lines. Until recently SAS had a separate Star Gold line at OSL (and presumably at CPH and ARN as well), but this is now longer there.

SAS has (without any announcement) removed separate Star Gold check-in from the list of benefits given to EBG/EBDs. The Norwegian EB web page is now just listing business class check-in as the perk, i.e. the same as EBS.

I discovered this yesterday morning, when I had to do a manual check-in at OSL and nearly missed the baggage drop-off deadline after having to wait nearly 15 minutes in a badly organized line for one of the two business counters. Most of the waiting time was due to the very slow check-in of the companion of a queue-jumping pilot in uniform.

So even less reason to maintain EBD/EBG
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I used the time machine (archive.org) and nothing has at least changed in the benefits list as there was no *G check-in benefit e.g. 2 years ago.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:51 pm
ksu
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I used the time machine (archive.org) and nothing has at least changed in the benefits list as there was no *G check-in benefit e.g. 2 years ago.
It could very well be that the listing on the webpage has changed earlier, but the dedicated Star Gold check in desk was available (and separate from the business check-in desk) as recent as June this year (when I used it the last time).

Let's see whether it reappears when the current rebuilding in the OSL check-in area is completed by the end of this month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.