Wiki Posts
Search

No more city lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
No more city lounges

Have not seen this reported here: https://finalcall.travel/da/sas-afsl...nge-stockholm/ [Danish]

TLDR: On 31/10 SAS stops the city lounge collaboration in Stockhom.

I guess this is a good news, provided that the money saved is used wisely. Nobody really liked the city lounges apparently.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It was an absolute nonsense idea to begin with, the fact it has lasted this long is more than surprising.

But now we have the next failure of an idea ready, airport lounges with gyms because that's what SAS's marketing department has decided what us travellers want.

Would be very productive if they could just take the survey data and improve what people actually ask for like every other company in the world.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Absolutely shocking Seems that SAS is getting good at closing lounges.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:49 am

They should never have been there in the first place. Stupid idea in the first place. Might have worked back in the days where SAS ran their own airport shuttle busses. But 35 years too late.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
But now we have the next failure of an idea ready, airport lounges with gyms because that's what SAS's marketing department has decided what us travellers want.
No worries, once the sponsorship from that fitness company runs out they will surely put some duty free pop up shop there.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
I actually like the idea of gyms in lounges - often have somewhat longer connection times and would love to fill the time with something other than emails.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:29 am
Original Poster

me too. But I don't fly over OSL and ARN, so, so far, not useful for me.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: EBS (SK*S), LO FTL, AF Ivory
Nowadays SK is slowly becoming LCC-like airline. I hope that SAS is going to put this money into allowing C pax to use the contract lounges.
Proper intra-Europe SAS Plus is also welcome... the "Cube" food concept is a failure... and so on.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by marek_j
Nowadays SK is slowly becoming LCC-like airline
SK is a LCC [with hefty fares]

That aside, welcome to FT!

G
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:23 am
Original Poster

I find them still quite far from LCCs. They give me transport where I need, unlike most of the LCCs. Premium economy does not include lounge access for most airlines. It is maybe slightly annoying for some of you that SK has no business class. I hardly miss it, as I would not be using it anyways.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
I find them still quite far from LCCs. They give me transport where I need, unlike most of the LCCs. Premium economy does not include lounge access for most airlines. It is maybe slightly annoying for some of you that SK has no business class. I hardly miss it, as I would not be using it anyways.
As far as I'm concerned, the recent cuts in terms of lounge access made all the difference, meaning that a good 90% of my business has gone elsewhere (let me also add that LO, SN & AZ all manage to be constantly cheaper on those routes I normally fly) and the only thing I'm missing from the SK days is those smooth transfers at CPH (BRU & FRA are no fun, especially with a tight connection).

G
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I just walked by the SAS city lounge near Stureplan. When will they removed the sign at the door?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I just walked by the SAS city lounge near Stureplan. When will they removed the sign at the door?
The agreement ends 31st of October according to the sas.dk so i expect you can use the lounge until then.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: SK-EBD
As others: One of few setbacks i won't miss and is a real setback.

Stupid from the beginning (as the gym in Oslo). Keep the basics fixed first. I would much more prefer simple lounges at airports like Rome, Geneva or Dublin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.