Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS pilot strike warning: SAS Norway strike from 11 Sep. 2017.

SAS pilot strike warning: SAS Norway strike from 11 Sep. 2017.

Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
You can check here https://www.sas.no/en/traffic-inform...ating-flights/ which flights WILL be operating the next days, regardless of the strike.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by ksu
Information in English in the link below, including information about free rebooking procedures between 14 and 18 Sept.

https://www.sas.se/en/traffic-inform...93&logout=true
Very many thanks for posting the link in English. I see it covers the period up to 18 September. Is it known yet if that is the end date for the strike or is it likely to be on-going after that?

I am flying into OSL on 18th with LO so shouldn't be affected, but on to ARN on 20th with SK where I might be.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Very many thanks for posting the link in English. I see it covers the period up to 18 September. Is it known yet if that is the end date for the strike or is it likely to be on-going after that?

I am flying into OSL on 18th with LO so shouldn't be affected, but on to ARN on 20th with SK where I might be.
About half the flights between ARN and OSL are operated by SAS Sweden, so they are continuing to fly. Not sure if the exact number. Between Copenhagen and Stockholm the logic is that the 4XX flight numbers are SK Denmark flights 14XX are SK Sweden flights. Not sure if there is a logic to the numbers on the OSL ARN route though.

Going to Copenhagen from Oslo or vice versa, look for the Airbus operated flights. They are SK Denmark and not strike affected. And from Stockholm to Oslo, the A320 sharklets planes if any, they are the A320NEO and so far based at SK Sweden.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
In Danish only, but the pilots in Norway and SK has reached an agreement. Though still about 100 flights cancelled today. But that should be it.

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/norsk...-forhandlinger
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Yes. I got this tweet from @sas this morning:

An agreement has been reached so you dont have to worry about your journey :-)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:53 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The cancelled flights today remains cancelled (thus Im on a boat KSU-TRD, instead of flying KSU-OSL-TRD), but the normal flight program should be operating after 1400L.

SAS is trying to reinstate todays SK 907/908 OSL-EWR-OSL.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:57 am
ksu

The pilots claim that the final agreement reached is more or less similar to their last offer during the weekend, claiming that the entire conflict was unnecessary.

The new agreement has a duration of three years, meaning that there is no risk of a new pilot strike in Norway during this period.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ksu
The pilots claim that the final agreement reached is more or less similar to their last offer during the weekend, claiming that the entire conflict was unnecessary.

The new agreement has a duration of three years, meaning that there is no risk of a new pilot strike in Norway during this period.
They were bound to claim that the conflict was unnecessary, and that they got all their claims fulfilled.

Danish media is reporting that both sides are unhappy with the actual agreement, but it was what could be agreed.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:59 am
ksu

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Danish media is reporting that both sides are unhappy with the actual agreement, but it was what could be agreed.
An excellent compromise, then!

As I avoided OSL today, I didn't see it myself, but apparently SAS served wraps and water by the bucketful to people affected by today's cancellations. Probably easier to handle than vouchers!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Thanks to this pilots strike scare, I'm now enjoying a few days in Istanbul instead of Iceland (my choice). It's a bit warmer here too.

Glad the strike worked out well for many people though.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by ksu
With the winter olympics early next year, they'll find a way to go on strike during that time...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.