Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Free seat selection in Go long haul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More, Hemköp kundkort

Sorry if this has been answered in other threads, I tried searching the forum but nothing specific came up.

I just made a reservation ARN-CPH-SFO and LAX-ARN in Go, first SK long haul for me in a couple of years and I have no EB status. I was expecting to pay for seat reservations, but the SK website let me choose seats for free on the CPH-SFO and LAX-ARN flights. The seats available for free were all in the back though, the last ten rows or so.

I can't find anything on the SK website about this, but a lot about all seats in Go having a fee to reserve until 22 hours before departure. I'm a bit concerned that I came across some kind of glitch in the system, and that the seat reservations will disappear.

Anybody seen this happen, or is it just the way it normally works?

Thanks for any input!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There are seats available for free in long haul Go, and a number of preferred seats for a fee.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More, Hemköp kundkort
That would explain it, thanks CPH-Flyer.

I still think that this could be made clearer on the SK site though, especially since the seat reservation option doesn't come up until late in the reservation process.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
All seats will become available at the time of check-in. SAS usually allows you to change your seat right up until departure (often at around T-30m) in the app; I've often been able to change my seat at the last moment to snag up a seat with an empty one next to me.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by christvs
All seats will become available at the time of check-in. SAS usually allows you to change your seat right up until departure (often at around T-30m) in the app; I've often been able to change my seat at the last moment to snag up a seat with an empty one next to me.
Also SK differenciates nowadays between status customers and non-status customers during online check-in. My seat map very recently looked quite different from a friend's one. Same flight, exactly same OLCI time, but the front rows were blocked. And when I selected a seat also the seat next to me got blocked.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Also SK differenciates nowadays between status customers and non-status customers during online check-in. My seat map very recently looked quite different from a friend's one. Same flight, exactly same OLCI time, but the front rows were blocked. And when I selected a seat also the seat next to me got blocked.
Funny thing is they still can't list proper baggage allowances, even though the system clearly recognizes *G status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.