Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Purchasing lounge access

I will be departing out of CPH in SAS Go later this week. Since I'll probably arrive to the airport quite early (flight is later than convenient) and since prices of drinks are quite high in Copenhagen, I'm considering purchasing lounge access with EB points (2800). This should be available "at check-in".
​​​​​
Since I never got this option when checking in to SAS flights on my phone, I presume that this is only available at website and self-service kiosks. Since I probably won't be able to use website, kiosk is the only option.

Will I be able to purchase lounge access in kiosk when printing my bag tags on the day of departure even though I have been checked in earlier? Alternatively, is it possible to check in at kiosk 24 hours prior to departure? (I know it's possible to purchase access directly at lounge, but it's 200 more points and I don't have them.)

Finally: Is it worth it? All I need is calm place, comfortable seat and good beer or wine. I presume this should be available at the lounge but since I never visited SAS lounge (I'm recent refugee from oneworld ), I'd like to double-check.

Thank you!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Don't expect good beer and wine. We talk about Scandinavia where that stuff is quite expensive. To me the lounge is quite ok. There are worse lounges in CPH. When I had to pay for access I usually did it only when I had to wait for more than 2 hours. Depending on the time of the day it can be crowded.

Instead of using the app you should still be able to check-in via your phone's browser and use the website.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
If you for some reasons don’t want/can’t do it when checking in on the website (2.500 points), simple do it at lounge entrance (3.000 points AFAIR).
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Thanks guys. I will try it in browser
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: EBD
Consider paying cash to get into the CPH-Apartment-lounge, which offers quietness, good views, okay food and drinks and free cleaning of your clothes.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Don't expect good beer and wine. We talk about Scandinavia where that stuff is quite expensive.
You mean taxed through the roof?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Consider paying cash to get into the CPH-Apartment-lounge, which offers quietness, good views, okay food and drinks and free cleaning of your clothes.
What is this?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Originally Posted by AStarr
What is this?
A contract lounge between the A and B gates. It is available as a buy in option as well.. It is also the Emerald lounge for BA,and contracted for some other airlines as well.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A contract lounge between the A and B gates. It is available as a buy in option as well.. It is also the Emerald lounge for BA,and contracted for some other airlines as well.
​​​​​​
Hmm maybe I'll try to find it one of these days. Turning left has just become very automatic at this point.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Out of curiosity, do BA still have agreements with the CPH Aviator and Apartment lounges after they've started using the new Eventyr lounge by C26?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
Out of curiosity, do BA still have agreements with the CPH Aviator and Apartment lounges after they've started using the new Eventyr lounge by C26?
I did not check that. Probably not. So used to be the OWE lounge should probably be the operating term...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.