Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
SAS has three lounges at Oslo (OSL), two of which are located in the schengen-area, above gate E2:

- SAS Gold Lounge (access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class, located within the SAS Lounge)
- SAS Lounge (access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

The third lounge is located in the domestic area of OSL airport, opposite of gate A2, right after security:

- SAS Domestic Lounge (access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

In addition to the SAS lounges there is the following contract lounges at CPH:

- OSL Lounge (Schengen area, above gate E2, next to SAS lounges, between Piers A and B, access with AMEX Platinum, among others, there is a normal are and a premium area with more restrictive access rules, but better food and beverage offerings)
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounges Oslo (OSL)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by kauppias
A good substitute will be to get the Priority pass unlimited.
Priority pass won't help you in OSL, the contract lounge there doesn't accept it. And in HEL, the Star Alliance flights depart from the T1 mid-teens gates, so it's a huge trek from the Aspire lounge.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by klmml
Priority pass won't help you in OSL, the contract lounge there doesn't accept it. And in HEL, the Star Alliance flights depart from the T1 mid-teens gates, so it's a huge trek from the Aspire lounge.
Yes so I just heard from a friend I guess Diners still works in OSL? Luckily not many connections for me in OSL. HEL SK lounge I don't mind at all. Luckily lately my connections in ARN/CPH have been under one hour which is perfect 😀
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:43 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Is it really that common there? I never thought EBD was that common while EBG is? But then again I am just now returning to EB and SAS after years of self imposed exile... So far my thoughts on SAS is thank God for short layover and so I don't have enough to use the SK lounges my only exception so far would be Helsinki but even that is not THAT special. A good substitute will be to get the Priority pass unlimited.
But now I am getting Off Topic
EBG is more common. I see a couple of other people with EBD tags on my usual domestics, but not that many. And there are not that many people getting free drinks in GO.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:46 pm
ksu

SAS could do a separate area for EBD like LH do for HON

During rush hour it seems that seating is VERY hard to find... Not just in OSL but all SK lounges
It was very busy this afternoon (school break is next week, today was supposed to be one of the biggest travel days ever at OSL). The airport was overflowing, and the lounge appeared full, but it was still possible to find a table.

Their South African red wine was undrinkable though. And the menu exactly the same as a week ago.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:02 pm
AHO

It's quite fascinating that some EBD people think that they deserve dedicated lounge or dedicated section in the lounge for EBD.

I can understand that HON members want similar things (and Lufthansa, Austrian and SWISS meet the request) because HON members spend quite sum of money on the tickets of these airlines.

But EBD?
It's quite easy to become EBD and no requirement like HON members (Business and First class fare only).
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by AHO
It's quite fascinating that some EBD people think that they deserve dedicated lounge or dedicated section in the lounge for EBD.

I can understand that HON members want similar things (and Lufthansa, Austrian and SWISS meet the request) because HON members spend quite sum of money on the tickets of these airlines.

But EBD?
It's quite easy to become EBD and no requirement like HON members (Business and First class fare only).
Well if you are referring to me I am still just a EBG and it was just a suggestion. Certainly there SHOULD be more perks the more you fly...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Well if you are referring to me I am still just a EBG and it was just a suggestion. Certainly there SHOULD be more perks the more you fly...
There should be. But then there should also be some equivalent qualifying criteria. Get the cards easy, get limited benefits. It goes hand in hand. Diamond is after all "only" 100K basis points like a Lufthansa Senator card. And the EBG quite close to Silver criteria on Lufthansa.
AHO likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:25 am
ksu

Originally Posted by AHO

But EBD?
SAS has a challenge in that EBD doesn't give that many advantages over EBG. Non-expiry of points (which is given already at the FTL/Silver level of LH), one free drink in Go and gifted EBG being the main ones. The member level comparable to HON is in any case EBP, but given the opacity of how to qualify, it is difficult to compare.

Last edited by ksu; Sep 30, 2017 at 1:57 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:48 am

SAS could do a separate area for EBD like LH do for HON

During rush hour it seems that seating is VERY hard to find... Not just in OSL but all SK lounges
Just mentioning HON end EBD in same sentence is kind of funny. One you get by only flying paid C and F, the other you can get with 90 legs in the back of the bus domestic. As long as it is so easy to get EBD it will be hard for SAS to do something special other than the things already in place today.
AHO likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There should be. But then there should also be some equivalent qualifying criteria. Get the cards easy, get limited benefits. It goes hand in hand. Diamond is after all "only" 100K basis points like a Lufthansa Senator card. And the EBG quite close to Silver criteria on Lufthansa.
At M&M your status is valid for 2 years while it is just one at EB. So yes, you need 100k / 90k to qualify for SEN / Diamond, but if you want to have it for 2 years it is 100k / 180k. So the bar for keeping the status is in total way higher.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:05 am
AHO

Originally Posted by Jainzar
At M&M your status is valid for 2 years while it is just one at EB. So yes, you need 100k / 90k to qualify for SEN / Diamond, but if you want to have it for 2 years it is 100k / 180k. So the bar for keeping the status is in total way higher.
But the point is, EBD is not even close level of HON.
So EBDs want dedicated lounge or dedicated section in the lounge is a far overreached wish, I think.
If it was from EBP (Pandion), it's another thing.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
For EBD you at least have *G for two years as SK always does a soft landing. So your downgrade from EBD never goes lower than EBG.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
For EBD you at least have *G for two years as SK always does a soft landing. So your downgrade from EBD never goes lower than EBG.
2 years of EBG are also 90k which are nearly 100k like the SEN.

Originally Posted by AHO
But the point is, EBD is not even close level of HON.
So EBDs want dedicated lounge or dedicated section in the lounge is a far overreached wish, I think.
If it was from EBP (Pandion), it's another thing.
Given that the offerings in the Gold and business lounge are quite similar (except for booze) I would merge both lounges and add a premium lounge with a greatly improved food offer. The access rule can be simple as:
  • EBP: always
  • EBD: on SK flight
  • EBG: on SK flight in C (so intra-EU SAS Plus would qualify)
For everybody else with lounge access is the other lounge with an offering similar to the current ones.

This would raise the value of EBD and it would also increase the value of Plus tickets intra-EU for EBG on a SK hub.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:44 am
ksu

Given that the offerings in the Gold and business lounge are quite similar (except for booze) I would merge both lounges and add a premium lounge with a greatly improved food offer. The access rule can be simple as:
  • EBP: always
  • EBD: on SK flight
  • EBG: on SK flight in C (so intra-EU SAS Plus would qualify)
For everybody else with lounge access is the other lounge with an offering similar to the current ones.

This would raise the value of EBD and it would also increase the value of Plus tickets intra-EU for EBG on a SK hub.
That would be a "solution" for the current lounges in the INT part of OSL, where there are two lounges, one Business/Plus and one *G.

This discussion is about the new lounge in the DOM part of OSL, accessible to departing INT passengers, but not (without hassle) to connecting INT-INT passengers. This lounge is thus mainly a lounge for domestic travellers, and it is not divided into two sub-lounges as the INT lounge is.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Spent some time there on Wednesday night. A significant improvement for the domestic pax who previously only had that crummy cafe at the end of the A pier. I could imagine intl pax originating in OSL could use the new lounge if they remember to get going early enough.

Since I was in the lounge at 10pm it was deserted. The seating areas are nice, the tables well organised. The sofa areas are a desaster: Very odd to sit in, terrible for consuming food or drinks, and a waste of space since people are unlikely to sit close to each other on those sofa sets. The ultimate crime in that area is the missing plug points: there is no way to charge anything anywhere, or they have hidden it well.

The gym was funky to look at but I still can imagine anyone going there for a work out while flying domestic or connecting to a domestic flight. The moment the sponsorship of SATS runs out that place will close down. What a waste of space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.