Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
SAS has three lounges at Oslo (OSL), two of which are located in the schengen-area, above gate E2:

- SAS Gold Lounge (access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class, located within the SAS Lounge)
- SAS Lounge (access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

The third lounge is located in the domestic area of OSL airport, opposite of gate A2, right after security:

- SAS Domestic Lounge (access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

In addition to the SAS lounges there is the following contract lounges at CPH:

- OSL Lounge (Schengen area, above gate E2, next to SAS lounges, between Piers A and B, access with AMEX Platinum, among others, there is a normal are and a premium area with more restrictive access rules, but better food and beverage offerings)
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounges Oslo (OSL)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Strange that Eivind didn't publish/take credit for this ground breaking news?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:43 am
AHO

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Strange that Eivind didn't publish/take credit for this ground breaking news?
I have heard recently from others who attended SAS Meet and Greet in Stockholm this May that SAS presented new lounge concept of gym and spa i Oslo lounge.
According to them, it will be "this" autumn, but you know how often SAS keeps their words about promises regarding schedules...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

It seems the new lounge was opened this week:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6316262924776206336
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
And here is is an interview with Eivind (in Norwegian).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Wow, I'm impressed at the speed of things. I just passed by this lounge about a month ago and I did not notice anything ongoing. It looks very inviting and cosy I must say, although I wonder how many pax will be using the fitness equipment - unless they plan their transfer or airport time with this in mind. Instead of fitness equipment, I would have placed a game room with Wii or fussball,etc. Or are they planning to open the health section or the lounge for paid access?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Very Norwegian to have lots of expensive equipment that will barely get used but that looks nice.

If someone has a chance, could they tell us:

1. Does the wifi work well?
2. Is there enough space?
3. Is the food any good?
4. Are there enough toilets? (the toilet situation in the 'old' lounge, after refurbishment, was not great)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:33 am
AHO

Originally Posted by klmml
4. Are there enough toilets? (the toilet situation in the 'old' lounge, after refurbishment, was not great)
It depends on WHEN you visit the lounge.
If it's not during the rush hours, toilets are used to be empty.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:39 am

From the you tube video the only notable thing seems to be a barista. Seating area looks cramped, the sofa for 4-5 people (at 1m55s) is a baad idea. The excercise equipment is so totally pointless for a lounge... CPH has/had a xbox with kinect in the C lounge downstairs, you can easily set up something like that with a fitness, zumba or dance programme to get the same effect. Costs 1000$ total and works fine.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:08 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by klmml
Very Norwegian to have lots of expensive equipment that will barely get used but that looks nice.

If someone has a chance, could they tell us:

1. Does the wifi work well?
2. Is there enough space?
3. Is the food any good?
Was there for the first time an hour yesterday evening (the busy period before the 21.30 - 22.00 bank of domestic flights)

This lounge is - I presume - primarily for domestic customers. I was impressed! It is spacious, has much better setas than the old domestic louge, and much better food. I was there to late for the hot dogs, but the smell lingered.

1. Yes, at least for my modest demands.
2. Yes. It was not overcrowded. Most seating is cafe-style, but with chairs and settees.
3. It was OK. Three types of biscuits (Jaffa cakes on the coffee bar), salad selection, two types of bad soup, bread and cheese (Danish/"SAS-lounge"-type of cheese slicer). Selection of bread. One type of bottled beer in addition to the tap. A huge improvement!
4. Wasn't there, but there are toilets within the lounge. And showers!

Main gripe: only two departures boards, one hidden. Not one close to the buffet. Spoke with the supervisor, and she said that this had been communicated already.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:10 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
From the you tube video the only notable thing seems to be a barista. Seating area looks cramped, the sofa for 4-5 people (at 1m55s) is a baad idea. The excercise equipment is so totally pointless for a lounge... CPH has/had a xbox with kinect in the C lounge downstairs, you can easily set up something like that with a fitness, zumba or dance programme to get the same effect. Costs 1000$ total and works fine.
There are many smaller rooms. More like the EBG-lounge at OSL INT than the C-lounge at OSL INT or the main room of the CPG EBG-lounge.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I wanted to have a gym in a lounge for long (even if there was a paid gym airside, I would gladly subscribe). I often flight late and have some hours to kill. I usually work, but exercising would be a better use of time.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:55 pm

Argh, can't believe I missed the new lounge opening by a few days.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
SAS could do a separate area for EBD like LH do for HON

During rush hour it seems that seating is VERY hard to find... Not just in OSL but all SK lounges
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:26 am
AHO

Originally Posted by kauppias
SAS could do a separate area for EBD like LH do for HON

During rush hour it seems that seating is VERY hard to find... Not just in OSL but all SK lounges
If it's a domestic lounge in Norway, a separate area for EBD would not help because the most of the people in the lounge are EBDs, I guess
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by AHO
If it's a domestic lounge in Norway, a separate area for EBD would not help because the most of the people in the lounge are EBDs, I guess
Is it really that common there? I never thought EBD was that common while EBG is? But then again I am just now returning to EB and SAS after years of self imposed exile... So far my thoughts on SAS is thank God for short layover and so I don't have enough to use the SK lounges my only exception so far would be Helsinki but even that is not THAT special. A good substitute will be to get the Priority pass unlimited.
But now I am getting Off Topic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.