Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Austrian T bookingclass and Eurobonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, MM FTL

Hi,
I did the mistake of booking LX but operated by OS with T booking class. Now I have read somewhere that within the Lufthansa groups all booking classes are harmonised, i.e. they map onto each other.

Interestingly, at least to me, was that booking class T earns:
on LH 125 points/25%
on LX 25%
on OS 0

Does anybody know why the earnings are different even though these are similar booking classes? Is there some logic to it?

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by protub
Now I have read somewhere that within the Lufthansa groups all booking classes are harmonised, i.e. they map onto each other.
I doubt that one.

Compare e.g. booking class 'E' on LH and LX. 'E' is PE on LH and earns a good amount of points while 'E' on LX is a cheap Economy fare.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:06 am
Original Poster

I had it from here it seems:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22202056-post4.html
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Check the date of the post you link to, it is 3.5 years old and out-of-date. Best to check on SAS's website for the up-to-date info.

As noted earlier, there are many cases of earning tables that make you wonder who wrote them. P class is another great example for *A, it might earn 200% or 0% depending on the FFP.

As for the LH group, you would need to include LO and SN as well. As Jainzar noted, the tables are not harmonized.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by livious
Check the date of the post you link to, it is 3.5 years old and out-of-date. Best to check on SAS's website for the up-to-date info.
Where on the SK website do you expect to find info about points for OS operated flights?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Where on the SK website do you expect to find info about points for OS operated flights?
Here, for instance.

G
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: *G
Until recently I believe you would've been able to confirm the 'real' OS bookingclass using myflightsapp, but after the LH-group has blocked access to amadeus info for 3rd parties I think your only option to be completely sure, before going to the airport, is to call OS and ask them.
It doesn't answer you question, but you should be able to find out where it makes sense to credit the flight.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Here, for instance.

G
That link only tells you the minimum amount of points you earn. If you want the real amount of point's I don't think you can get it from the SK website. For LH flights I always use https://meilenrechner.de/earn_miles.php?language=eng but it only works for LH flights as far as I know.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
That link only tells you the minimum amount of points you earn.
It gives you the minimum amount and the percentage of miles you get. So all you need to know is roughly the distance in miles and that is easily done by e.g. the Great Circle Mapper. The Meilenrechner gives you the miles you earn on M&M. If it happens to be the same multiplier as on EB great, but otherwise only of limited help.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
For LH flights I always use https://meilenrechner.de/earn_miles.php?language=eng but it only works for LH flights as far as I know.
Correct! Don't use this for calculating what you will earn on Eurobonus or any other FFP.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: SK-EBD
That link only tells you the minimum amount of points you earn.
And the percentage - which in my opinion is the only interesting part (unless you are on the verge of requalification). Do you earn 25%, 50%, 100% etc. Or 0.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:11 am
Original Poster

I have just gotten 150 points (!!!) from SAS for a LX (T) ticket flight operated by OS; so it indeed seems that LX-T maps onto something else in OS.

Interpreting your comments above, I guess these internal conversion tables are not available publicly, right?

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:20 am

I have just gotten 150 points (!!!) from SAS for a LX (T) ticket flight operated by OS; so it indeed seems that LX-T maps onto something else in OS.

Interpreting your comments above, I guess these internal conversion tables are not available publicly, right?

Thanks!
You always get the points from the booking class on the operating airline.

If you have a ticket where is says booking LX booking class T and operating airline is OS, you need to find the booking class translation table in order to know what your OS booking class is, but before that you need the translation table, which I don't know where is.

If I remember correct you can see the operating airline booking class on the boarding card.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Actually, in this case the OS booking class was not shown on the (electronic) LX boarding pass. So in fact I do not know. But still, I am very happy about my 150 miles (0.17% of Diamond).
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
But still, I am very happy about my 150 miles (0.17% of Diamond).

So did I two weeks ago. 2x150 points!

And you are right. The electronic boarding pass does not show booking class. The printed one does.

In my case it was a pure Austrian-ticket showing Q and W respectively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.