Missing bag, leaving Norway,

Old Jun 28, 17, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Missing bag, leaving Norway,

I flew into Oslo on Monday from Berlin via Stockholm. I checked a bag in. It is still missing. SAS says to just track the bag using the World Tracer but nothing has changed. I was an idiot though as this was a brand new bag and I for somereason didnt bother to put on the ID tag onto the bag (very stupid).

I fly out of Norway back to Canada tomorrow. Do any of you know if it's possible to see what unclaimed bags they have at OSL just in case it might be there? I dont have easy access to the airport and have to make plans to get there. Also, for compensation for in the case it is over 21 days and no bag, how strict are they usually for claiming loss on items?
Old Jun 28, 17, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can update your PIR to add your final destination, they will forward the bag to Canada. Expenses incurred due to the delay in delivery will be refunded.
Old Jun 28, 17, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
Had my bag lost from EY to SK (going to Oslo) in May. Left without bag. SK found and shipped to my next destination in USA as requested 2 days later. Info was added to report. No issues. Paid my claim in full for reasonable expenses. Their World Tracer system was not updated but they responded promptly to emails.
[email protected]
Old Jun 28, 17, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by MaHa View Post
I flew into Oslo on Monday from Berlin via Stockholm. I checked a bag in. It is still missing. SAS says to just track the bag using the World Tracer but nothing has changed. I was an idiot though as this was a brand new bag and I for somereason didnt bother to put on the ID tag onto the bag (very stupid).

I fly out of Norway back to Canada tomorrow. Do any of you know if it's possible to see what unclaimed bags they have at OSL just in case it might be there? I dont have easy access to the airport and have to make plans to get there. Also, for compensation for in the case it is over 21 days and no bag, how strict are they usually for claiming loss on items?
If the bag is completely lost, SK's liability is 1194 SDR, any value above that you would need to claim from your travel insurance.
According to other threads here SK's policy for the delayed period is to cover reasonable and documented expenses up to 1200 EUR. Anything above that, would need to be claimed from your travel insurance.
Old Jun 29, 17, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I havent had any luck yet. I ended up emailing then via [email protected] They didnt answer my questions except that she would keep an eye for it. When I arrived at OSL, they didnt want to deal with me at the desk and just said wait for correspondance. I do have my receipts so I should be compensated.

I am curious if it is still in Berlin. When I was waiting for the plane, I realized I was at the wrong gate and was a little late getting to the gate. The guy at the counter was kind of irritated."Where were you?" I thought I overheard him say to a colleague "passenger with 1 bag is here" before I boarded the bus... I wonder if they had my bag pulled off for the time being? And if so, who could I contact at Tegel to inquire? (I asked this in the email to SAS, but she didnt answer this question).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: