Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Q2 and first half results for SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

The Financial results for SAS for Q2 and first half of the fiscal year is out, and they are not super pretty reading. Then Again with the first half running from November to April, it is not the peak travel season it covers

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-inter...16-april-2017/

There are some positive sides to the numbers, and the full year earnings forecast remain the same.

In the analyst presentation slides, there are some interesting pieces of information.

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/wp-conten...ial-2q2017.pdf

I know that the A350 deliveries were pushed out by SK, but now it say 2020 for the first delivery, is that new or do I just remember wrong?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Silde 8: crew costs still enormous
Slide 15: that opex is quite high...
Slide 19 is interesting: a tsunami of repayments coming...
Silde 22: Scandic customers give a hoot about loyalty, hence FR/DY thrashed SK on price
Slide 27: cabin crew only do 63h/month?
Slide 30 & 31: ouch ouch ouch
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Silde 8: crew costs still enormous
Slide 15: that opex is quite high...
Slide 19 is interesting: a tsunami of repayments coming...
Silde 22: Scandic customers give a hoot about loyalty, hence FR/DY thrashed SK on price
Slide 27: cabin crew only do 63h/month?
Slide 30 & 31: ouch ouch ouch
I was wondering about the pilot hours on slide 27 as well... That's lower than most competition as well, or?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: More than one
Which report are you looking at?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Which report are you looking at?
Second link in the first post
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Second link in the first post
Thanks. Didn't notice there were 2 slides per side in the PDF. :-(
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Have you seen that SAS seperates EuroBonus out in a news company focusing on lifestyle and loyalty?

But SAS presented it on the investor call and the SAS slides are here here. Look at chapter 3.

This is news stuff and this I am really in doubt about as this can open up for external investors or a sell off over time if SAS are in bad need of money.

What do you think?

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 21, 2017 at 5:50 am Reason: Removed link to blog as did not conform to rules
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by herro
Have you seen that SAS seperates EuroBonus out in a news company focusing on lifestyle and loyalty?

But SAS presented it on the investor call and the SAS slides are here. Look at chapter 3.

This is news stuff and this I am really in doubt about as this can open up for external investors or a sell off over time if SAS are in bad need of money.

What do you think?
I did notice that Roald had a new business unit name. Growth Initiatives.

They have been touting for a while that they wanted to become a lifestyle company as well. But before they sell EB, they should look to Air Canada, they are busy in housing loyalty again.

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 21, 2017 at 5:51 am Reason: Removed link to blog to conform to rules
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:31 am

I did notice that Roald had a new business unit name. Growth Initiatives.

They have been touting for a while that they wanted to become a lifestyle company as well. But before they sell EB, they should look to Air Canada, they are busy in housing loyalty again.
learn from their peoples mistakes and experience? How absurd! That's why SK hired the smartest guys in the world! And they WILL invent the wheel again - and it WILL be fantastic... you know... since it'll be round! Erm,... almost at least!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
learn from their peoples mistakes and experience? How absurd! That's why SK hired the smartest guys in the world! And they WILL invent the wheel again - and it WILL be fantastic... you know... since it'll be round! Erm,... almost at least!
I have only met one of their top brass, I was at a presentation held by their head of sales and marketing here in Tokyo. That was pretty sad to say the least. She did not seem to know or understand the basics of SK, she referred to the A350 as the new planes that had just joined the fleet, and she had roughly zero enthusiasm for trying to sell SK to the audience. If she is representative of the top management, I am not surprised at the results being shown at the moment.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Malaga is chosen as the Spanish base. Not mentioned before, but no surprise.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I was wondering about the pilot hours on slide 27 as well... That's lower than most competition as well, or?
Given parental and other leave benefits applicable to employees in Denmark, Sweden and Norway, can't say I would expect it to be otherwise.

EuroBonus doesn't seem to do a whole lot for SK, but then again it probably matters more to the premium fare/cabin customers and most frequent travelers more than it does to the DY and FR leisure travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.