Wiki Posts
Search

SK925 Delayed 7th June 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
SK925 Delayed 7th June 2017

SK925, CPH IAD was delayed by 5 hours +, scheduled ETA 15:00, plane finally arrived 20:03. Gate agent in CPH said due to a/c problems with aircraft.

Question is, can a pax make a claim?
What can the pax claim for?

Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kapitan
SK925, CPH IAD was delayed by 5 hours +, scheduled ETA 15:00, plane finally arrived 20:03. Gate agent in CPH said due to a/c problems with aircraft.

Thanks.
In theory yes, you can make a claim for delay under the EU regulations. You would need to file your claim directly with SK via customer relations.

The actual cause of the delay will be deciding if you can get compensation. Though most technical problems are not considered extraordinary circumstances.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
EU261/2004 type 3 flight, so the max compensation would be 600 Euro (assuming that SK can't successfully claim that it's extraordinary circumstances).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight...4#Flight_types.

LN-RKP, the backup aircraft, didn't operate any routes on June 7th, but maybe it was unavailable for other reasons.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ln-rkp
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
SK 925 arrived into IAD with +4 hour delay yesterday (7 June). Unless the late departure was caused by extraordinary circumstances (the burden of proof for this rests upon SK) you are entitled to EUR 600 as compensation according to EU Reg. 261/04 + reimbursement of any meals etc purchased whilst waiting at CPH (you didn't get meal vouchers at CPH?).

Write to SK customer service and request payment of EUR 600 per passenger due to the delayed arrival of SK925 into IAD on 7 June. It may get paid by SK without fuss.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: CM Gold, SK EB Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kapitan

Thanks.
Here's a thread from my experience... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...cancelled.html.

SAS was very quick in processing and paying out the claim. Do note that I ended up submitting another claim for the flight compensation, since they paid my incidentals first - and perhaps forgot about the flight compensation in that transaction (so I missed about 15-30 USD due to wire transfer fee), but for 2 pax, it was quite a bit - to fund another trip.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone and especially SK AAR.

SAS have responded and have agree to compensate 600eur due to the delay caused.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for reporting back that this was resolved (to your satisfactory I assume; most/many pax would be happy to accept a 4 hour delayed longhaul arrival in exchange for EUR 600)
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Thank you for reporting back that this was resolved (to your satisfactory I assume; most/many pax would be happy to accept a 4 hour delayed longhaul arrival in exchange for EUR 600)
Have not recived the funds yet, but I was not the pax, it was my daughter. She is happy for the comp as it offset what she (I) had spent for her trip.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, that is how many/most pax thinks. They travel on an almost free ticket (efter deducting EUR 600/450 etc) so to hell with being a few hours late...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Good news, SAS have banked the funds to my account, satisfied, total of 12 days from date I wrote in at their website.

Thanks you SAS, will fly with you again...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

and yes, the compensation is more than I paid for my daughter flight ticket...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:02 am

Yesterday's flight (19 June) was severly delayed due to storms in Washington DC: It was in holding first but then diverted to Norfolk for refuelling. However, it stayed there for quite a long time (several hours), in during which other planes that were diverted to other airports were already on their way to DC.

Does anybody know what caused the long layover in Norfolk? What happens in such a situation anyway? Do the people have to disembark and go through immigration there?

I was on the following flight SK 926 back to Copenhagen (which was then 4h delayed) and was just wondering about if there was anything else than weather that might have affected that (such as immigration)?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Arctifox
Yesterday's flight (19 June) was severly delayed due to storms in Washington DC: It was in holding first but then diverted to Norfolk for refuelling. However, it stayed there for quite a long time (several hours), in during which other planes that were diverted to other airports were already on their way to DC.

Does anybody know what caused the long layover in Norfolk? What happens in such a situation anyway? Do the people have to disembark and go through immigration there?

I was on the following flight SK 926 back to Copenhagen (which was then 4h delayed) and was just wondering about if there was anything else than weather that might have affected that (such as immigration)?
My main suspicion would be that a load of flights diverted, and it takes a while to get space for them to arrive at IAD. It is not like extra capacity appears, and all of the normal arrivals needs to be processed as well. So this is most likely a reflection of the slot time SK was assigned to continue to IAD.

But you would need probably need to hear from someone on board to get details.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Usually you are taken to the original airport, no flexibilty to enter the country at ORF, unless something major happens. SAS and the crew are usually also interested to get back to the original destination as no wants to be stranded at the diversion airport.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:59 am

Ah I see, thanks for the clarifications. I just thought that maybe they took so long because of immigration process (as I've heard that even on the Air New Zealand flight from LHR to AKL via LAX you have to immigrate into the US, I thought maybe that this is a general policy).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.