Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Qualifying period and expiry date

Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Hej!

My Eurobonus qualifying period goes from September to August, and the expiry date on my card (EBG) shows November.

Is the qualifying period 12 months, 15 months...or somewhere in between?

I hope some of you can clarify, please.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Lars_E
Hej!

My Eurobonus qualifying period goes from September to August, and the expiry date on my card (EBG) shows November.

Is the qualifying period 12 months, 15 months...or somewhere in between?

I hope some of you can clarify, please.
Welcome to FT
The qualifying period is 12 month - in your case from September to August.
SAS does give a 3 month grace period (which is nice). E.g if you do not requalify for Gold by end August - you still maintain Gold status until end November. All perks are maintained in the grace period. But your qualifying year still started September 1
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:07 am

Welcome to FT, Lars_E

The qualifying period consists in 12 given months (SEP-AUG in your particular case), the 3 months afterwards are basically a sort of bonus e.g. if you do not re-qualify for EBG within that period of time (SEP-AUG), your status will drop to EBS in December, meaning that you will not be able to gain any ground in terms of status within that extra time-frame (e.g. AUG-NOV - staying with your example).

Edit: OFFlyer was clearly quicker with the keyboard

G
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Welcome to FT, Lars_E

if you do not re-qualify for EBG within that period of time (SEP-AUG), your status will drop to EBS in December, meaning that you will not be able to gain any ground in terms of status within that extra time-frame (e.g. AUG-NOV - staying with your example).

G
Well...

During that three month grace period you still gain basic points at the EBG level (1.25x), which means that you are gaining more ground during the first quarter of your new qualifying period than you would have as EBS. Or am I missing something?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by JR67
Well...

During that three month grace period you still gain basic points at the EBG level (1.25x), which means that you are gaining more ground during the first quarter of your new qualifying period than you would have as EBS. Or am I missing something?
You're not missing anything, my statement (possibly not entirely clear) was merely meant to point out that, despite the 3-months' grace period, qualification as such would set at the end of the given 12-months' period, reason why the OP was slightly confused (i.e. 12 or 15?).

G
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
My understanding is that the three months is a buffer due to slow posting of points. You remain being EBG, while the August points are still flowing in. This way if crediting is delayed up to 3 months, you will maintain your status uninterrupted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.