Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge access at CPH when traveling to LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)

Hi everyone-

This may be a dumb question, but is there lounge access for *Gold at CPH when flying SAS to London?

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Absolutely! Just know that the lounges are before passport control (which is right outside), so leave enough time to get through.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)
Perfect....I assumed as much but couldn't find the answer

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by salty749
Perfect....I assumed as much but couldn't find the answer

Thanks!
If you go to the area in the lounge above the entrance you can watch to see how bad the passport queues are. If the e-gates go down (which they seem to do quite often) then the staffed queues can suddenly mushroom.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by klmml
If you go to the area in the lounge above the entrance you can watch to see how bad the passport queues are. If the e-gates go down (which they seem to do quite often) then the staffed queues can suddenly mushroom.
Even when the egates are operating, the staffed lines can suddenly mushroom.

Ever since the egates got put into place at CPH, my ability to reduce my time at CPH while traveling out of CPH and my ability to maximize time in the lounges at CPH has dropped -- speaking of trips to non-Schengen destinations. While people can play games by noting "average" or "median" times, the variance in time is the real problem for those trying to get onto the plane on time.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by klmml

+1

Unfortunately CPH passport check queues can form rather fast. This photo is from Jan 2017; and taken about half way into the queue which formed within a few minutes. The queue kept getting longer and longer. For about 30 minutes there was only ONE person checking passports!
Attached Images  
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:48 am

Those times I transit through CPH (weekly on MON 7:45 from Schengen to Non-Schengen and vice-versa on THU 22:30), the e-gates are normally not operating (the green light was showing this past Monday, though) and the border police are normally checking their phones with nobody standing on the line.

G
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by narvik
This photo is from Jan 2017; and taken about half way into the queue which formed within a few minutes. The queue kept getting longer and longer. For about 30 minutes there was only ONE person checking passports!
What time was that?

G
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
What time was that?

G
IIRC that was about 20:20 on 7th Jan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.