Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

When do points appear in Eurobonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue

I book all of my business flights through a corporate travel agent. I have to search for those flights on the flysas site manually. My Eurobonus number is associated with the flights.

When do the corresponding Eurobonus points appear in my account?

It's been a couple of days now since my outbound flight. With BA the flight itself in the Executive Club site and points showed up in 24-36 hours.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:58 am

There's no set time however I've noticed some sort of pattern with my weekly travel on SK:

• MON GDN-CPH-BHX - will post the following Thursday
  • THU BHX-CPH-GDN - will normally appear Saturday night

LO (and OS, at times) flights tend to appear amongst my EB transactions the following day.

G
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:58 am

Usually 2 to 3 days for SK flights. But can be anything between 24 hours to 10 days. Flights out of SK hubs often show up within 24 hours for me.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:07 am

Do not worry yet. 50% of my SK flights are transatlantic, and CPH-XXX usually takes 3-5 days to show, while inbound to CPH usually shows after 1-2 days. So opposite experience to fassy.

My LH flights usually shows after 4-6 days.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
On my lasts few flights it has been very quick. Less than 24H for a Lufthansa flight. But otherwise I would normally say 2-5 days.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I find that flights on other StarAlliance carriers post within 1 or 2 days, similar to TA flights also 1-2 days. Intra-Europe is a complete mystery to me, it will take at least 4 days but can take up to 3 weeks.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:29 pm

HAM-CPH-BOS (all SK) from Monday just posted today
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
The points from the outbound flight came through last night, so they took around three days in my case.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
It is always wonderful how other FFP post the points/miles before SAS, even on a SAS flight. I have been tracking award tickets since before Christmas and am getting nervous as availability is disappearing. I only needed 1 long haul to post, but I am still waiting from Dec 29th and Jan 10th (ok, not so long yet). I will be quite disappointed to miss the award tickets because SAS cannot post the miles quickly. Kids miles posted to A3 within 2 days in both cases.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

So Monday's flight now fully shows in terms of EB Points and 'Recent Activity' - so that's actually 4 days to show.

When I checked yesterday, which was 3 days after the flight, I could see some points added but the flight taken wasn't showing in recent activity.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz
So Monday's flight now fully shows in terms of EB Points and 'Recent Activity' - so that's actually 4 days to show.

When I checked yesterday, which was 3 days after the flight, I could see some points added but the flight taken wasn't showing in recent activity.
The recent activity plus number of flights will normally update after 24 hours from when the points appear in your account.

G
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It is correct that outside of the unacceptably long delay in points to post, there is a further delay in when they show up in your activity.

I think we're all very much aware that SK's IT department is absolutely worthless but there is really no reason why the amount of points you get for a flight aren't automatically credited. You are generally presented with the amount you'll earn at the time of booking so it is not like they have to calculate it or figure it out (outside of intermediate ticket changes).

So either SAS's systems have a variable delay in posting points, which would make no sense or there is an unnecessary human step involved to post points. So when your post points 3 weeks late, it must have been because the point-posting employee was on parental leave. Not the kind of brand reputation they should be looking to develop.

It would arguable be better to automatically post points and get it wrong than to delay it until someone gets to it.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:43 am

I'm a mere 11.000 points away from Gold however my qualification ends on 31st January. Now i'm going to SFO from CPH on 26th and return on 30th which gives me 12.000p from SAS PLUS.

Even though SAS are slow at accumulating points it might take days for me to receive my earning points. my question is: will I get my gold status in time? what do you think?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by aznhandles
I'm a mere 11.000 points away from Gold however my qualification ends on 31st January. Now i'm going to SFO from CPH on 26th and return on 30th which gives me 12.000p from SAS PLUS.

Even though SAS are slow at accumulating points it might take days for me to receive my earning points. my question is: will I get my gold status in time? what do you think?
Yes, the dates of the flight count. It doesn't matter when they are credited. No worries, you'll keep your Gold status.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, the dates of the flight count. It doesn't matter when they are credited. No worries, you'll keep your Gold status.
Thank 4 the fast reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.