Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is the "Lunch of the Day" on SAS for 11EUR in Go the same as the Cube served in Plus? Images look the same, but if it really is, I'd be curious enough to try it out haha.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zeer0
Is the "Lunch of the Day" on SAS for 11EUR in Go the same as the Cube served in Plus? Images look the same, but if it really is, I'd be curious enough to try it out haha.
I know when I tried to buy a salad once in Go, they'd run out and gave me the Cube and told me it was an upgrade. Only time I've tried to purchase from the menu in Go. So, no clue.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by zeer0
Earlier this year a pax beside me in SAS Go got a cube for his prebooked meal on MUC-OSL. The look of disgust on his face after the first few bites was priceless. 'What a waste of 10€' he said.
RoyalSwazi and zeer0 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Earlier this year a pax beside me in SAS Go got a cube for his prebooked meal on MUC-OSL. The look of disgust on his face after the first few bites was priceless. 'What a waste of 10€' he said.
Lol well I'll report back how it is.
AStarr likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
I have had the cubes twice on SAS and love them. Although not the most filling, I love them compared to the crap United serves.
SK2751, herwig, zeer0 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I have the pleasure to fly SK regional again in November an looked at the buy meals:

LUNCH OF THE DAY 11,00 EUR Energizing lunch serving. Locally sourced and locally produced with seasonal vegetables, grains, fish, chicken or meat. Served cold, with condiments on the side for personal food seasoning.

KIDS MEAL 7,00 EUR A freshly made meal with pure clean flavors adjusted for our youngest travelers needs. E.g. meat or chicken with pasta, vegetables and a sweet treat.

SALAD OF THE SEASON 10,00 EUR Salad made with fresh local ingredients with seasonal and carefully selected vegetables and protein such as fish, chicken or meat.

CHEESE SANDWICH 7,00 EUR A handmade sandwich with local cheese and our finest and freshest vegetables. (Lacto ovo vegetarian)

meal MINI-PIZZA 7,00 EUR Tomato and mozzarella cheese pizza. Perfect as a warm snack. (Lacto-ovo vegetarian)

NO PORK MEAL 11,00 EUR A non pork meal made with the same high standard as regular meals. Can be vegetarian or served with meat such as lamb, fish or chicken depending on departure airport.

And some 5 more variations of the cube. It looks like the images don't match the descriptions, as the veg cheese sandwich has ham or some kind of meat and the no pork clearly has cured ham.... but that are details...
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002

And some 5 more variations of the cube.
They've gone full on Cube. Wow. I'm just flabbergasted.

I mean it is sold as premium economy upfront, so when l keep that in mind, the expectation is pretty reasonable.

My opinion on these Cubes is so mixed.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:01 am

Greetings from SK662. If you think the cube quality cannot be outdone... those are two big pieces of uncooked cauliflower.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Wow that looks ............. Thinking of a word here.....

Pathetic?

Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Or 'relatable' - SAS should stop offering food if this is the standard, what an insult.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:50 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
When I had it at least the salmon was kind of edible. Kind of. It's a little depressing, because the first thing I had in Plus was exactly this salmon with califlower and it was really good but on the next flight with the same meal it was practically inedible.

I'm surprised they don't make the cube even smaller since they are not even filling it to its half. (In most cases a good thing, because who wants to eat more of this?)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:29 am

Imagine the reaction of someone who had actually paid to buy this cube.... The pictures shown in the menu show each every cube nearly bursting out its goodness.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Or 'relatable' - SAS should stop offering food if this is the standard, what an insult.
Isn’t that how they do things in the business: make the included food service so bad that few eat it and then use that as an excuse to cut included food service even further until there isn’t much of anything, if anything, on offer unless paying additional money for a “special” meal off some food/beverage menu with prices on it? Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, per the cost-cutting drives. And maybe this time they will use a “saving the environment” type excuse to try to justify yet another cutback by yet another travel service provider.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Isn’t that how they do things in the business: make the included food service so bad that few eat it and then use that as an excuse to cut included food service even further until there isn’t much of anything, if anything, on offer unless paying additional money for a “special” meal off some food/beverage menu with prices on it? Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, per the cost-cutting drives. And maybe this time they will use a “saving the environment” type excuse to try to justify yet another cutback by yet another travel service provider.
The practice is far from a mystery though as SK seems to have hit rockbottom on the meal side, at some point the ultimate cost cutting is to just stop offering it. Especially when most of your passengers will take the muffin over the meal because its less terrible.

SK should put more effort into reducing the actual cost issues such as their oldtimer staff that gets wildly overpaid in an industry that no longer can support those wages.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:09 am

I think SAS continues to think the cube is a roaring success....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.