Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
As usual, they're completely overhyping what seems like minor changes. And did I just see their cocktail menu disappear entirely?

SAS vil introducere forskellige skandinaviske delikatesser – f.eks. vil Business Class passagererne kunne fĺ serveret “svensk kaviar” – ogsĺ kaldet Kalix Löjrom

Please don't. What's next, fried cod roe? (That'd be stegt torskerogn, Danes).
I did notice the Air Mixology heading to an untimely and undeserved death.

Depends on what they do with löjrom, it can be very nice.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
As usual, they're completely overhyping what seems like minor changes.
The backbone of SAS's marketing department.

SAS vil introducere forskellige skandinaviske delikatesser – f.eks. vil Business Class passagererne kunne fĺ serveret “svensk kaviar” – ogsĺ kaldet Kalix Löjrom
Yea, make the existing problem of to much localised disgusting food even greater.

Please don't.
Indeed.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by ScandiGB
In short was it a proper Danish red sausage hot dog?
Yes! As proper as on the street in Copenhagen

Apart that the cucumber was fine.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I did notice the Air Mixology heading to an untimely and undeserved death.
A great pity with the Air Mixology. On the other hand, it has been around for a long time.

But substituting five fine drinks with just one speciality is a typically SAS way of 'improvement'.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
A great pity with the Air Mixology. On the other hand, it has been around for a long time.

But substituting five fine drinks with just one speciality is a typically SAS way of 'improvement'.
Since someone posted an image of the SK instructions on how to make the cocktails a while back, and most of the ingredients are likely to be on the trolley still, we can always revive them in our requests for a drink...
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Since someone posted an image of the SK instructions on how to make the cocktails a while back, and most of the ingredients are likely to be on the trolley still, we can always revive them in our requests for a drink...
That's a fair point. When you serve oj with vodka as "Air Mixology" you need a) a swift kick to the face and b) drinking habits not stemming from Systembolag culture. A tip from the part of the region where adults are allowed to decide when and where they buy alcohol: if it tastes like potato, don't drink it.

On the other hand, who wants to take bets on when the Swedes ( ... ) turn SK into a dry airline in the name of political correctness (aka Truck of Peace diplomacy)?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a fair point. When you serve oj with vodka as "Air Mixology" you need a) a swift kick to the face and b) drinking habits not stemming from Systembolag culture. A tip from the part of the region where adults are allowed to decide when and where they buy alcohol: if it tastes like potato, don't drink it.

On the other hand, who wants to take bets on when the Swedes ( ... ) turn SK into a dry airline in the name of political correctness (aka Truck of Peace diplomacy)?
Nobody on SK ever served that as Air Mixology. Though of course you could have it served as your pre dinner cocktail should you feel like that.

My guess as to why it gets removed, relatively few people order from the list. Seems (by my experience) to be Champagne, Beer and G&T for the alcohol drinking crowd for pre dinner drinks.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:22 am

With regards to lounge offering: if I have to choose between CPH (SK) and AMS (KL), then it's the former, any time, without a doubt! Actually, just the beer (if one can still brand Heineken as such) can be reason to enjoy flying SAS and popping in to the lounge in Copenhagen.

G
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The mixology thing was confusing to both SK and DL crew when I asked for it. 'Wait, let me look for the instructions... ah, oh, I need this thing which is not on my cart' (waves to other FA who is ignoring her) 'ok, can I come back to you, the cocktail will take a while, my colleague will bring it'. On my DL return flight I just opted for a G&T instead.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:15 am

Tried all cocktails and they never had any issue serving it. Anyway, I'm not a cocktail fan (to sweet mostly) and won't miss them.

G&T (or only G) is good enough for me.

Btw the dinner service BOS-CPH was (apart from the long serving time) fantastic. Very surprised! Will post photos and comments later today
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
If anybody needs a reminder, below are the instructions
Attached Images  
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:21 am
Suspended

Nobody on SK ever served that as Air Mixology. Though of course you could have it served as your pre dinner cocktail should you feel like that.

My guess as to why it gets removed, relatively few people order from the list. Seems (by my experience) to be Champagne, Beer and G&T for the alcohol drinking crowd for pre dinner drinks.
I flew CPH-EWR-CPH twice a month in C last year for a while; they did indeed serve some variation of a screwdriver at some point as Air Mixology. I found it amusing, but I'm a GT or bubbles kinda guy. Goes well with Ambien.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
I flew CPH-EWR-CPH twice a month in C last year for a while; they did indeed serve some variation of a screwdriver at some point as Air Mixology. I found it amusing, but I'm a GT or bubbles kinda guy. Goes well with Ambien.
Sure it is not the Organe Blossom in the list above?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ScandiGB
Sure it is not the Organe Blossom in the list above?
I couldn't be sure, I'll admit that. But I'm pretty sure I've laughed at them making screwdriver a cocktail at some point. I could've sworn it was under the Air Mixology (TM) doctrine.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
With regards to lounge offering: if I have to choose between CPH (SK) and AMS (KL), then it's the former, any time, without a doubt!
The catering in KL's AMS flagship lounges is beyond dire.

who wants to take bets on when the Swedes ( ... ) turn SK into a dry airline in the name of political correctness?
While they are at it, they may as well turn it into a feminist airline, and name it the official airline of the world's only self-appointed "humanitarian superpower".

What's next, fried cod roe?
Kalles Kaviar, if you are lucky!

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.