Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:50 pm

Flew SAS for the first time, SK932 from LAX to CPH.
Was surprised that water was only provided once as part of the meal choice of 1 free non alcoholic drink. Anything extra was chargeable.
Has this always been the case or only as part of covid times?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:06 am

They introduced the „new meal concept“ a while ago… before Covid.
miuk likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:57 am

USA biz class

Flying ARN-MIA and EWR-OSL. Tried to find out online what current food and beverage situation is on board, but haven't found anything up to date. Anyone here who can enlighten me? Guessing everything on one tray....?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Vardomannen
Flying ARN-MIA and EWR-OSL. Tried to find out online what current food and beverage situation is on board, but haven't found anything up to date. Anyone here who can enlighten me? Guessing everything on one tray....?
Here´s a recent review (in Danish):

https://insideflyer.dk/rejsebrev-med......-til-miami/

Svantevit
Vardomannen likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by miuk
Flew SAS for the first time, SK932 from LAX to CPH.
Was surprised that water was only provided once as part of the meal choice of 1 free non alcoholic drink. Anything extra was chargeable.
Has this always been the case or only as part of covid times?
Originally Posted by fassy
They introduced the „new meal concept“ a while ago… before Covid.
See also

SAS GO on transatlantic flights
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:49 pm

Thanks for the thread link. Definitely no free cups of water at the back though
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
For domestic Norway flights ? Only seat ? Nothing more ?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gioannis13
For domestic Norway flights ? Only seat ? Nothing more ?
Coffee and tea are free on domestic flights. Everything else costs extra.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miuk
Thanks for the thread link. Definitely no free cups of water at the back though
I had the urge to say “I would like some free tea-free tea, or free coffee-free coffee” when I heard that tea/coffee was free but glasses of water were not.
RoyalSwazi, the810, SK2751 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:05 am

1. Is the food in Plus the same as in Go? (FWIW food in Plus looked like a standard econ meal to me. From the US it was exactly the same crap UA and other local airlines serve, not a surprise as it was loaded by the same "Gate Gourmet"). From CPH it was somewhat more edible. So, curious what to expect for our upcoming Go flight.

I can post photos if anyone wants to know what that looks like.

2. "Diamond" members still get drinks free in Go, right? (In case we need another bottle of water )
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Gate gourmet, Do&co and other caterers will deliver whatever airlines specify (and are willing to pay for) so I wouldn’t draw conclusions based on the name on the truck docked to the aircraft at the gate.
the810 and zeer0 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Gate gourmet, Do&co and other caterers will deliver whatever airlines specify (and are willing to pay for) so I wouldn’t draw conclusions based on the name on the truck docked to the aircraft at the gate.
That's possible (though I am yet to have a good meal that came out of "Gate gourmet"). But US majors clearly specify "cheapest available" and SAS seems to follow
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I don't agree about the trucks, some companies won't compete at the lowest end of the market because they also value their reputation and I'm thinking particularly of Do&Co here who IME deliver an above average experience on board and on the ground. They have recently lost the contract to cater the LH lounges at LHR and when you see the new offering from Sodhexo - more famed for catering UK prisons than airlines, you can see that LH let the contract purely on price and Do&Co lost it.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sodexo also caters the CX lounges in HKG which are considered one the best lounge complexes… Do&Co is not a charity, if you specify low standards and pay peanuts, the will deliver the same.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sodexo also caters the CX lounges in HKG which are considered one the best lounge complexes… Do&Co is not a charity, if you specify low standards and pay peanuts, the will deliver the same.
The CX regulars considered it quite a drop in quality when Sodexo took over. It was a cost cutting measure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.