Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I saw this and I thought of the guy who constantly shitposts on the SQ forum about how terrible Singapore Airlines is because they once served him caviar in J with a metal spoon instead of mother of pearl.

That's almost on a level with KE and Macadamia nuts
Caviar with a metal spoon??? I clearly would freak out as well. Oh the horror!

Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I was disappointed to see earlier in the week that the veal cube is still in existence. Fortunately I was alert enough to decline it and ask for a sandwich. The two ladies next to me (Plus was full) took it clearly unknowingly and barely touched it. There seemed to be a lot of them returned hardly touched and such a large demand for sandwiches that they ran out.

Next SK flight isn't for four weeks, let's hope it's gone by then.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems 'dining' in regional Plus is back, but now the 'cube' has become a flat box.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Right. They did serve something on WAW-CPH 2 weeks ago (I was in GO, but heard the announcement). I was a bit surprised, as I think the website was still claiming no service. There was also a drink service in GO, and as EBD I got a free drink as in the pre-times. I am in PLUS tomorrow on a regional flight. Let's see what will happen.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
the 'cube' has become a flat box.
Well, for sure helps to work down the contents. The cube was an ergonomic disaster. Next to the questionable content. But I guess quite consistent nordic cuisine. You either hate it, or you love it.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The picture of the 'brined brisket' is here: https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/foru...1#post-3418170

It looks like a bit more food is in that flat box or atleast it is spread out so you can eat it in a meaningful way.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:56 am

That is the box they used to have before introducing the cube.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:50 am

Yep, only difference was that it used to be white, now its 'sustainable brown' The fact that there is a plastic box inside the box speaks volumes.
romans likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
The breakfast serving in PLUS on a regional jet this week (city jet from CPH) was a quite ordinary brown box (not a cube). I vaguely remember it was the same as pre-covid. Also I've spot the smoothies they include in Fřtex, 5DKK a piece. But all in all service, in regional PLUS seems to be back.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:28 am

Some updates to the F&B policy:

Food and beverages

SAS re introduce onboard service offer on short haul, starting 01JUN21

As customer demand picks up for summer months SAS want to prepare for a joyful as well as safe travel experience for all leisure passengers the coming summer months. Coffee and tea service, updated Café assortment including alcoholic beverages, new fresh food products available through pre order in GO, and New Nordic meal service for our PLUS passengers, are the highlights of our reintroduction our passengers can look forward to starting June 1st.

The following will be applicable from June 01JUN21:

SAS Plus On EU flights to/from Scandinavia and flights to/from and within Sweden and Denmark, from 50 min flight time, passengers in SAS Plus will be offered a complimentary breakfast box until 9.00am. The rest of the day, an updated New Nordic meal service (on EU flights over 80 min) or a café assortment, including soft drinks and alcoholic drinks, snacks and fresh sandwich (available on selected routes), will be offered (on flights from 50min).

New Nordic Meal service We will be reintroducing our fresh sandwich (polarrulle) option as a part of the Café offer on selected Domestic and Intrascand flights. Overall, our customers will enjoy an updated complimentary drink (including alcohol) and snacks assortment.

Complimentary PLUS service on EU flights appr. over 80min flight time This is a truly curated and New Nordic experience. Ingrediencies and details are our passion - sourced locally and in season, and always with top quality. The serving experience is new and designed in a 100% sustainable craft paper box. The meal will be served with a selected drinks (including alcohol), complimentary coffee or tea and handmade pralines signed Hedh & Escalante.

SAS Go For passengers in SAS Go, we now offer a curated selection of soft drinks, alcoholic drinks and snack assortment for purchase during the whole day. In addition, fresh sandwich and Pizza are available for purchase on European flights over 80 min. Breakfast (on flights over 60 min and until 09.00) and fresh New Nordic meals (on flights over 80min after 9.00) can be preordered in advance. We are happy to reintroduce complimentary coffee and tea for all passengers.

Until 11JUL21 we are not able offer food and beverages on flights within Norway.

From 12JUL21 we will start selling Breakfast and Café sales on Norwegian domestic routes.

Onboard service offer on short haul until 31MAY21 On all flights to/from and within Scandinavia from 50 min flight time, passengers in SAS Plus will be offered a complimentary breakfast box on flights until 9.00am. The rest of the day, a polar roll (only on EU flights over 80 min) or a limited café assortment, with one soft drink of choice from cart will be offered, available on flights from 50min. For passengers in SAS Go, a Breakfast box can be preordered on flights over 60 min and until 9.00 am. After breakfast, and on flights over 50 min, soft drinks and limited snack assortment is available for purchase throughout the day. Due to restrictions we are currently not able to offer food and beverages on flights within domestic Norway.

If you are traveling outside of Europe, there will be two food servings regardless of travel class, and no buffet serving in business class. Please note that the onboard offering of food and beverage will be temporarily limited and will be different than what you are used to when traveling with us. We apologize for this inconvenience.

You are allowed to bring light snacks and non-alcoholic beverages on board SAS flights. Examples of light snacks include a chocolate bar, a sandwich or similar. When eating the light snack, you may remove the required face mask, as long as it is put on again as soon as you are done. Meals such as salads or take-away food are not allowed to bring onboard.

We have implemented these measures to limit the contact associated with handling waste from consumption of food and beverages onboard.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My most recent SAS TATL business class flights had me given 3 choices of entrees — I had been expecting no more than 2 choices — from which to select for the big meals. Other than the full course of the meal all being served at the same time and the packaged nuts before the meal, it almost felt like normal food service to me. Still no hot towels, and the packaged sanitizer wipes are a bit too strong smelling for me to apply to more than just my fingers.

I am a water person on flights — with the occasional tea thing at times — so I passed on the alcoholic beverages offered.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I wonder if the new '100% sustainable craft paper box' will be as popular as the cube?
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"SAS Plus ... This is a truly curated and New Nordic experience.

For passengers in SAS Go, we now offer a curated selection of ...
"

OK, I get it, 'curate' is a hip, cool and groovy word that every professional marketing muppet worth his salt will strive to use in every paragraph of every press release or other promotional material. Understanding what the word actually means is entirely optional, and to be disregarded in any case.

SAS deserved our admiration for emphasizing the New Nordic egalitarian spirit by offering pax in Plus a truly curated experience, while those in the back of the plane will have to settle for bog-standard run-of-the-mill curated beverages.
dodgeflyer and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
After my last Longhaul flight on SAS I was very dissatisfied with the breakfast, what made me laugh as there is really no difference to the SAS LH J breakfast and the KLM cityhopper breakfast on a 90min flight 😂 actually the cityhopper breakfast felt freshes and the bread was soft 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😂
oliver2002 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I sleep through the SAS breakfasts on long-haul flights. Skipped them most of the time before the pandemic, as I haven’t liked SAS breakfasts for going on decades. And during the pandemic, waking up to the SAS breakfasts is more akin to waking up to a breakfast nightmare than waking up to a dream breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.