Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Old Oct 16, 2023, 12:37 am

I must say that the general experience of C class with Hi Fly, SAS ORD-CPH was really good. I did not have the food since I prioritized sleep, but I was offered breakfast well after serving when I woke up, even though I had opted out. I asked if I could have a few snacks and was brought as much as the very nice flight attendant could carry (which was a lot).
Old Oct 26, 2023, 5:45 am

What is the meal like in SAS Go from CPH-SFO? What have the main lunch and pre-arrival snack been like? I am going to eat at the Evyntyr Lounge before just to have all basis covered.

Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2023, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by RhinoG
I must say that the general experience of C class with Hi Fly, SAS ORD-CPH was really good. I did not have the food since I prioritized sleep, but I was offered breakfast well after serving when I woke up, even though I had opted out. I asked if I could have a few snacks and was brought as much as the very nice flight attendant could carry (which was a lot).
In SAS GO SFO to CPH they had a really good Mushroom Chicken Entree with Salad,warm bread and a Chocolate Brownie Desert. For breakfast a warmed croissant. They should have added yoghurt and fruit but it was not bad.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:19 am

How is the meal from CPH to SFO in SAS GO. What type of lunch and pre landing snack are served? What is the main entree? I really enjoyed the meal from SFO.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 4:09 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by danielonn
How is the meal from CPH to SFO in SAS GO. What type of lunch and pre landing snack are served? What is the main entree? I really enjoyed the meal from SFO.
If catered from SKs home base of CPH, expect a chicken dish with pasta, or something similar. A bit stodgy usually. The afternoon snack will be a warm ham/turkey and cheese toasty or some other kind of bread or pastry based snack.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
If catered from SKs home base of CPH, expect a chicken dish with pasta, or something similar. A bit stodgy usually. The afternoon snack will be a warm ham/turkey and cheese toasty or some other kind of bread or pastry based snack.
Thanks for this. What side dish comes with it and how is the Desert ?I hope it's catered from CPH and if not what would be served? In any case I will eat at the Evyntyr Lounge .
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:10 am

SAS Premium Meat Meal

What is the consensus on paying $29.in SAS GO for the Premium meal? Should I skip it and just eat at the Eventyr linge before my SFO Flight? How is the meat meal from CDG?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
What is the consensus on paying $29.in SAS GO for the Premium meal? Should I skip it and just eat at the Eventyr linge before my SFO Flight? How is the meat meal from CDG?
The premium meals are only for the long haul bit, nothing outside the regular menu on CDG CPH. There was a couple of flights reported back when it was very new, they did not look worth the money, but whether they have it more under control now is a more open question.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The premium meals are only for the long haul bit, nothing outside the regular menu on CDG CPH. There was a couple of flights reported back when it was very new, they did not look worth the money, but whether they have it more under control now is a more open question.
I would not pay $29 for a meal but $13 even for a decent meal and alcoholic beverage is fine. Why would you not pay $3 more than the average price for something substantial when airport restaurants are more expensive? I really don't see paying $29 when it didn't have Priority Pass I would buy lounge access at $35.

BTW do you follow Travel Vloggers Maxi.ans Marlo out of CPH with their flight reviews?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I would not pay $29 for a meal but $13 even for a decent meal and alcoholic beverage is fine. Why would you not pay $3 more than the average price for something substantial when airport restaurants are more expensive? I really don't see paying $29 when it didn't have Priority Pass I would buy lounge access at $35.

BTW do you follow Travel Vloggers Maxi.ans Marlo out of CPH with their flight reviews?
No I don't. I don't really follow many vloggers, Josh Cahill is kind of fun as he flies so many weird airlines. But that's about it for regular viewings.

With all of your questions on meals, you should post some pictures of your experiences for other people to get wiser by.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No I don't. I don't really follow many vloggers, Josh Cahill is kind of fun as he flies so many weird airlines. But that's about it for regular viewings.

With all of your questions on meals, you should post some pictures of your experiences for other people to get wiser by.

Thanks I will try to take photos and post it here
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL

SK527 ARN-LHR 2023/12/21 Pre-ordered VGML special meal in SAS Plus. Marinated tofu, giant couscous, crunchy salad and a dab of mystery dressing.

Lots of roast beef meal boxes returned or declined in the rows around me, evidently pre-ordering vegan/veggie meals by phone in advance is a lesser known option.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad

SK527 ARN-LHR 2023/12/21 Pre-ordered VGML special meal in SAS Plus. Marinated tofu, giant couscous, crunchy salad and a dab of mystery dressing.

Lots of roast beef meal boxes returned or declined in the rows around me, evidently pre-ordering vegan/veggie meals by phone in advance is a lesser known option.
​​​​​​Once it is well known, they'll probably start charging for special meals as they do for long haul.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SK Gold ARN lounge went all out with Xmas

So.e kind of chicken in a white sauce with rice was available to those not into pork.
Not pictured: Swedish rice pudding with whipped cream and orange wedges.
Gnopps and SK2751 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:27 am

There is now an option to opt-out of the Plus inter-Europe meals

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.