Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Old Jul 8, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Surprisingly a very Canada themes menu out of YYZ
Nice to see some effort to work with the YYZ caterers. What did you choose?
Old Jul 8, 2023, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Beef and salmon. No complaints with either
Old Jul 11, 2023, 1:29 pm

No salmon for me for a while now,chicken breast on another SAS Link commute down to AMS.

Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Erm, they probably changed caterers in YYZ under Ch11 and the new one said: this is what I have as a standard in the freezer, take it or leave it It doesn't seem to the same caterer as AC, as they have this menu ex YYZ: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35341817-post987.html
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Makes the choice for AC that much easier.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Makes the choice for AC that much easier.
Really? The descriptions looked nice, the execution dreadful. Those pictures makes me want to avoid AC....
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Really? The descriptions looked nice, the execution dreadful. Those pictures makes me want to avoid AC....
I'll take a steak over fish any day and tenderloin over short ribs any day. Either won't reach its true potential in the air but I can't eat another piece of SK salmon or overcooked short rib.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
100%. Even disregarding everything else that AC is crap at (since this is food thread), the food was so much better on SAS. Not even just the food itself, the crew attitude while bringing it out, they didn't treat the pax as an inconvenience like AC crew do.

It all starts with the nut bowl, SAS a full bowl of cashews, AC budget almonds with one cashew. 😀

Happy to have another option out of YYZ that is not AC.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
100%. Even disregarding everything else that AC is crap at (since this is food thread), the food was so much better on SAS. Not even just the food itself, the crew attitude while bringing it out, they didn't treat the pax as an inconvenience like AC crew do.

It all starts with the nut bowl, SAS a full bowl of cashews, AC budget almonds with one cashew. 😀

Happy to have another option out of YYZ that is not AC.
Cashews are a filler nut. A bit like bragging you got the last copy of a self published novel. I'd take almonds over that insult any day.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 4:45 am

Upgraded on SK817 to OSL operated by Air Baltic today,so thank you Anko!!Honing to break my duck for the salmon box

Chicken Breast again but a comfortabele flight on Air Baltic's Bombardier C Series aircraft.

Some plastic on the side!!

Last edited by Netherlines; Jul 18, 2023 at 7:51 am
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Erm, they probably changed caterers in YYZ under Ch11 and the new one said: this is what I have as a standard in the freezer, take it or leave it It doesn't seem to the same caterer as AC, as they have this menu ex YYZ: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35341817-post987.html
Catering on my trip from YYZ last week was considerably better than the leg from OSL. I was very positively surprised and can only praise my experience.

The "breakfast" from ARN-OSL in Plus was just terrible and made me sick.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
In the App there is now an option to chose to skip your meal:

I suppose SK did notice that many of the boxes were sent back and is now trying to reduce costs and waste by not even loading those meals. I'm sure for some members here this is a welcome addition
Yes! Considering the "meals" I've had intra Scandinavia in Plus, I'd rather just eat the puny salad in the lounge. EVEN THE SALAD IN THE LOUNGE.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Jetboi
Yes! Considering the "meals" I've had intra Scandinavia in Plus, I'd rather just eat the puny salad in the lounge. EVEN THE SALAD IN THE LOUNGE.
I looked at the salad today, it looked OK, a spring mix or something. The fascination however for canned corn in a large heap eluded me.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by copperred
I looked at the salad today, it looked OK, a spring mix or something. The fascination however for canned corn in a large heap eluded me.
Must have been an offer at Gigaboks, guess they racked in a lot of Trumf on that. Sorry, you must be NO to understand.

Salad is fine, it's just that I want some other options, too. Let's hope it all improves after C11, less debt and new spirit.
copperred likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Jetboi
Must have been an offer at Gigaboks, guess they racked in a lot of Trumf on that. Sorry, you must be NO to understand.

Salad is fine, it's just that I want some other options, too. Let's hope it all improves after C11, less debt and new spirit.
You think Norwegians are the only people who know a deal when they see one? A cart of pianos is always on offer at Costco. Although are Norwegians allowed to make purchases for SAS, they have such expensive tastes.

The coleslaw looked solid, but I can see how you'd want more variety. 3 almost identical cookies did not thrill this traveler. At least the wine was self serve.

The absence of any cooling was a bigger issue, it was like a hot box of screaming children.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.