Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
According to the *A lounge finder nothing has changed when I checked at the beginning of the month. At other airports mentioned in the list lounge access was removed in the *A lounge finder for SK flights.
That's good news, the lounge isn't great but it's better than nothing, thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: SAS*D, IC-RA,EM-G
So here is my consideration, SAS or Emirates for my next Manchester to Shanghai in Business class

Both are approx same price Ł2500 return (Other Star Alliance options too expensive)

Emirates pick me up from home in a Mercedes take me to airport, I have Fast track and get access to the Emirates Lounge with great Hot food, lots of drink options and piece and quiet to get some work done. I get on plane last (Nice Comfortable A380) with on board WIFI and Bar. + Audi A6 transfer at Shanghai to my Hotel.

SAS (Which used to be my regular choice), I make my own way to Airport in dirty Taxi at my cost, arrive at airport to stand in regular 1 hour queue for security, have no lounge access so buy my own drink/food and sit in packed noisy public lounge, get on plane first (or have no space for carry on in flight to CPH) have long layover in packed lounge in CPH with cold food and poor drink options. At Shanghai I have to get my own way to hotel in dirty Taxi at my cost.

SAS removing Fast Trak and Lounge access in Manchester is the final straw, they need to sort themselves out or loose 8-10 long haul Business class flights per year from me!

They need to be improving service for loyal Business travelers to be competitive not making it worse!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:23 pm

Interesting perspective there and a very valid one for travellers from non-Nordic countries to longhaul in many cases.

I hope you take the time to send a copy of this to SAS customer care as well.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:19 am

I recently got in touch with SK highlighting the controversial nature of their recent cost-saving measure, preventing loyal customers from accessing contracted lounges. I specifically mentioned my home airport, GDN, indicating that, with an ever growing number of [SK] services, the decision of removing the lounge benefit could mean that a significant number of local G/D customers would seriously consider shifting their business elsewhere. Unlike many others here, whilst I only fly SK for commuting purposes on a weekly basis (my long-haul is mostly Sky Team-plated), I however felt it was appropriate for me to make a point, also considering that I am due to lose lounge access also at the other end (BHX) and I really wonder how other commuters are going to react to this. That said, the message I received was disappointing (yet expected) to say the least, basically a copy & paste of the response quoted by fassy a few pages back.

G
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:17 am

Yes, also just got a canned response. I just hope the management will correlate feedback and the move to cancel the contracted lounges to the flight bookings. I'm pretty sure they will see a connection.... if they have the mathematical means to make a statistical model which leads them from correlations to causal factors... I'm pretty sure to say 'No'
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by another_shot
VNO lounge has a printed note at the entrance explaining SK pax are no longer welcome. No note at TLL but I have witnessed a number of frustrated pax being explained they cannot get in. Both VNO and TLL are 7-8 SK departures a day each
I used the TLL lounge earlier this month, on January 13 as I recall. The person working there mentioned lounge access will shortly be discontinued for people like me (traveling on SK, *G cardholder) but it hadn't been discontinued yet so she let me in.

So I guess they know about it, but haven't put up a sign about it.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was denied entry at the HKG Plaza Premium lounge yesterday on a Plus ticket. Have I missed something or shouldn't I have been allowed entry as it's not 01FEB17 yet?

The lounge staff said I would have needed a lounge invitation and to make matters worse the check-in staff had scribbled "NL" (meaning "no lounge" apparently) on my boarding pass.

For the record I had not been upgraded but was ticketed in Plus (award ticket).
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FallOfTheWall
I was denied entry at the HKG Plaza Premium lounge yesterday on a Plus ticket. Have I missed something or shouldn't I have been allowed entry as it's not 01FEB17 yet?

The lounge staff said I would have needed a lounge invitation and to make matters worse the check-in staff had scribbled "NL" (meaning "no lounge" apparently) on my boarding pass.

For the record I had not been upgraded but was ticketed in Plus (award ticket).
SAS Plus does not have lounge access on the Asian destinations any longer. Only when departing Copenhagen towards Asia.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
SAS Plus does not have lounge access on the Asian destinations any longer. Only when departing Copenhagen towards Asia.
So what's the significance of the 01FEB17 termination date then? I'd have thought it applied specifically to SAS Plus seeing as EBG and Star Gold would have used the Star lounge(s) and not the contract lounge.
https://classic.sas.se/upload/pdf/Lo...Track-2017.pdf
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FallOfTheWall
So what's the significance of the 01FEB17 termination date then? I'd have thought it applied specifically to SAS Plus seeing as EBG and Star Gold would have used the Star lounge(s) and not the contract lounge.
https://classic.sas.se/upload/pdf/Lo...Track-2017.pdf
You are right, Hong Kong should only happen Feb 1st. Had my dates mixed up
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Regardless of the effective date(s), SK is doing a pretty crappy job of managing expectations and communicating the changes.

The US Lounge Access page still states: "SAS Plus to/from Asia/the US: You are welcome at SAS lounges around the world as well as our partners' lounges in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. If you are traveling on a SAS intercontinental flight, you also have access to SAS' own lounges on arrival (except at Newark due to airport authority regulations)."

They still have the big advertisement on the homepage that clearly touts Fast Track Security and Lounge Access as benefits of SAS Plus.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You are right, Hong Kong should only happen Feb 1st. Had my dates mixed up
Then I'm not alone in interpreting it this way, thanks!

I just wanted to check before submitting my complaint.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH FTL, BWR Gold
https://s30.postimg.cc/p1bzgzvqp/Plik_000_3.jpg

Aberdeen Swissport lounge, taken yesterday.
Ladies at the reception told me that I am not allowed to get into as EBG because of new regulations as of 1-FEB. I said I know that but imho this is when flying on SK metal, not LH (had LH ticket). They were really confused and told me they have to check that but it will take weeks so I can 'go and enjoy' (+ guest).
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Good for you, good that you asked and kudos to lounge staff for letting you in (with guest). Btw. are those Fox's mints in the picture?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SidMeier
LHR by the way is still on (see lists in black).
But you've included it in your list in red, too.

For what it's worth, as a *G travelling on SK from LHR last month, I got access to the LH lounge and was provided with an access slip for the Senator enclosure without prompting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.