Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by nussle
Alicante airport today, my booking says fast track available. My boarding pass says fast track valid but the airport says that SAS is not valid for fastrack so they should not put that on the cards.

I guess even if Sas does write it, it’s not possible to trust it anyway.
Was the boarding pass scanned and declined or did the staff decline access right away without validating the boarding pass?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: EBG
I scanned it on entry, it was auto declined. The security lady said “ Sas is not valid for fast track “ I pointed out that it said valid for fast track on the boarding pass she said no Sas pass is valid for fast track whatever it says.

So, no lounge in Alicante, no fastrack in Alicante....just a cold cube on the way home.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: More than one
Alicante airport today, my booking says fast track available. My boarding pass says fast track valid but the airport says that SAS is not valid for fastrack so they should not put that on the cards.

I guess even if Sas does write it, it’s not possible to trust it anyway.
You have of course already written to the customer service and made them aware of the error.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
You have of course already written to the customer service and made them aware of the error.
Since it seems like you work for SAS, I'm sure you can take the time to note it and send it up the chain.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:46 am

Writing would be a complete waste of time. Totally waste of time.

Just for your amusement i was I was just told that I am only allowed two alcoholic drinks in plus now.

So, no lounge, no fast track, no drinks (well 2) and my cold cube. Having gold status and plying plus is just great.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There should be all reason to write to complain.

As was posted in another thread, Alicante fast track should be back

https://www.sas.se/en/travel-info/at-airports/#/lounges

SAS to add fasttrack to a number of airports on June 3
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:26 pm

Nussle, if I were you, I'd write a formal and polite complaint to SAS for not receiving the fast track. According to their web site, they added fast track in ALC on June 3, so there has been some kind of mistake since you weren't allowed access. As for the other things that you're sort of complaining about, it sounds like you have received what is advertised as included in the Plus fare.

Originally Posted by copperred
Since it seems like you work for SAS, I'm sure you can take the time to note it and send it up the chain.
Why do you suppose that a frequent flyer who's positng on Flyertalk is an employee of SAS?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:35 pm

Of course I can write to Sas, I will receive a nice formal reply to please put it on my Sas idea.

As for for an employee on this site. I did not suggest it but perhaps some look from time to time.
copperred likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: More than one
No I do not work for SAS, but I like to treat others like I want them to treat me.

Writing would be a complete waste of time. Totally waste of time.

Just for your amusement i was I was just told that I am only allowed two alcoholic drinks in plus now.

So, no lounge, no fast track, no drinks (well 2) and my cold cube. Having gold status and plying plus is just great.
Like FlyingMoose wrote in another tread.
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Vote with your wallet, unhappy? Fly another airline (that's what I do).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:45 pm

Of course I can write to Sas, I will receive a nice formal reply to please put it on my Sas idea.

As for for an employee on this site. I did not suggest it but perhaps some look from time to time.
Some people certainly have a barrel of excuses available, but perhaps they do it for free.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:01 pm

Some people certainly have a barrel of excuses available, but perhaps they do it for free.
Everything that's being done here on Flyertalk is done by frequent flyers who attempt to help other frequent flyers for free. We're generous toward each other, because we're all in the same boat ... oops, sorry, airplane!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Back in the early days of the SAS social media team, when it was centered around Facebook,. When Facebook was still young and cool. They did certainly look in on what was going on in this forum, and made references to it on their own platforms. Though I don't think they ever had an official SK profile here.
There has been posters with very good connections to SK, but not anyone with an official tie up AFAIK.

The point of writing to SK even if you just get a nice non descript answer, is that SK added fast track at Alicante from June 3rd,your boarding pass was correct, and the airport staff was wrong. While it will not help you for this flight, it might help you if you are back on the same route with SK.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:19 am

Not too sure I would use them again for Alicante tbh.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB

It is actually 3 alcoholic drinks in Plus since 1st of March to southern leisure destinations in Spain, Portugal and Turkey, And if you booked before mid-February you could have still paid the rest and requested a refund from CS.

SAS PLUS
  • Flights to Eilat, Beirut or within Europe include light meals and accompanying beverage. See menu
    • For flights to/from Alicante, Antalya, Faro, Gazipasa, Las Palmas, Palma de Mallorca and Malaga up to three alcoholic beverages are complimentary.
https://www.sas.fi/en/fly-with-us/inflight/

So if you were told only two drinks, then even more reason to complain.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:12 am

Just for your amusement I complained to Sas about the fast track yesterday.

The response is to take it up with the airport.

Please dont ask ask me to complain to Sas again. It’s a complete and total waste of time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.