Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by nussle
you have access to any member airline lounge at the airport where your flight departs
That's the important part of the text that you quoted. AFAIK, no Star member airline has a lounge in Alicante.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: EBG
Why not just write on the web site what lounges dont exist anymore instead of providing a link to the stat alliance lounge finder.

As as I said, terrible way of communicating. Just list it, make it clear.

This, interpretation of member lounge etc. Just bloody say it.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: More than one
Why not just write on the web site what lounges dont exist anymore instead of providing a link to the stat alliance lounge finder.

That would mean that SAS would have to update their website every time a *A member airline opens or closes a lounge. I wouldn't expect that of any airline.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:34 am

I think it's pretty clear. When you search for ALC on the Star lounge finder, you'll find the IFACH "Contract lounge" with the logos of Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa beneath. There's no SAS logo there. And when you look at the policy for contract lounges, it says: "As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling on a Star Alliance member airlines operated flight from such airports, you have access to these third party contract lounges, if the member airline you are travelling on has a contract with this lounge." So, it's pretty clear to me that you have to fly with LH or SN to get access to the lounge as a *G.
TerryK and SK2751 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Discontinuing or otherwise not providing lounge access for premium passengers has a tendency to make such customers more open to choosing airline service providers on the basis of price more than would otherwise be the case.

The less I get out of flying in a premium cabin or with airline/alliance premium status program membership on an airline, the more likely I am to consider flying other airlines that are nearly as convenient (or even more convenient) and select purchases based on price. Especially when there are other ways to access lounges for a relatively low or no additional variable cost to me.
lhrpete, SK2751 and East_and_West like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:13 am

I dont think its clear at all. Just make a web page that clearly says : the following lounges are not accepted when flying SAS. Then list them.

Not putting little symbols or making statements that can be interpreted either way. Just make it clear...

but it then Sas seems to dislike clarity on many things hence the popularity of learning about it or asking about it via flyer talk.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I dont think its clear at all. Just make a web page that clearly says : the following lounges are not accepted when flying SAS. Then list them.

Not putting little symbols or making statements that can be interpreted either way. Just make it clear...

but it then Sas seems to dislike clarity on many things hence the popularity of learning about it or asking about it via flyer talk.
That would be a complete mess. E.g. Manchester airport has 10 lounges that SK customers don't have access to. (and 10 lounges in total)

Should SK list All 10, and constantly monitor all airports to update the list whenever a new lounge is opened? Narita has 30 lounges, SK passengers has access to 3....
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:25 am

Nope it would not be a mess. We already know if it is a star alliance lounge we have access.

They dont have to monitor anything just write. Sas gold members have no access to....Alicante lounges.

And list where no access is available.

Otherwise, its a case of go to the lounge and see what you get.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
The *A lounge finder is a great tool and it does what you need. Just use the filter. It used to be mandatory but is nowadays optional.

Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:54 am

I don’t think it’s clear at all. Just make a web page that clearly says : the following lounges are not accepted when flying SAS. Then list them.

I think the problem is there are so many variants in this calculation which makes it's impossible to make simple list like you want, hence the need for tools like the lounge finder on the *A page and why should SK or any other airline spend time and money on creating such a tool, when it's already available on the *A page?

End of the day. It's the *A policy which grants you access to a *A member lounge. Not the SK policy. The SK policy only grants you access to SK owned or contracted lounges.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
I think it's pretty clear. When you search for ALC on the Star lounge finder, you'll find the IFACH "Contract lounge" with the logos of Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa beneath. There's no SAS logo there. And when you look at the policy for contract lounges, it says: "As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling on a Star Alliance member airlines operated flight from such airports, you have access to these third party contract lounges, if the member airline you are travelling on has a contract with this lounge." So, it's pretty clear to me that you have to fly with LH or SN to get access to the lounge as a *G.
I understand that *G passengers can invite a guest as long as the guest also travels on a *A flight, not necessarily the same flight.

What if someone who is *G flying on LH, can the person guest a person flying TP?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AviationAddict
I understand that *G passengers can invite a guest as long as the guest also travels on a *A flight, not necessarily the same flight.

What if someone who is *G flying on LH, can the person guest a person flying TP?
I don't know exactly what the rules are, but I had to be rather pushy to get a Austrian Airlines guest in to the contract lounge Lufthansa used in FCO a couple of years back. At that time they used different contract t lounges.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 16, 2019 at 9:44 am
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by AviationAddict

As TP is a *A member, yes a *G member flying LH can bring a guest, flying TP metal (not none *A code share) same day, into any *G lounge. This only applies to *G lounges, not to *A member lounges without the *G logo or contract lounges. This has been explained a couple of times in other treads.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I don't know exactly what the rules are, but I had to be rather pushy to get a Austrian Airlines guest in to the contract lounge Lufthansa used in FCO a couple of years back. At that time they used different lounges.
The OP is asking about *G benefits. They don't apply to contract lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
As TP is a *A member, yes a *G member flying LH can bring a guest, flying TP metal (not none *A code share) same day, into any *G lounge. This only applies to *G lounges, not to *A member lounges without the *G logo or contract lounges. This has been explained a couple of times in other treads.

The OP is asking about *G benefits. They don't apply to contract lounge.
For Star Alliance lounges the answer is very simple, as long as iit is a StarAlliance carrier, no problem. Hence I assumed that the question was implied to be about the contract lounges. But as we probably agree assume makes an a$$ out of U and me.... or another favourite of mine assumption is the mother of all F... ups
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:41 am

Alicante airport today, my booking says fast track available. My boarding pass says fast track valid but the airport says that SAS is not valid for fastrack so they should not put that on the cards.

I guess even if Sas does write it, its not possible to trust it anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.