Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I simply can't understand this. If the cost is a problem, can't they just charge 100kr more per PLUS ticket from the destinations where they close lounges?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gnopps

One thing is to cut costs, another is to lie to us about it. You're telling me a guy who gets highlights done knows what is on the current agenda? Consider that for a while. The motherfåcking 90s called and they want their PR strategy back. Among other things.

This is why I'm traveling BA more and more. At least that's a devil I respect.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:16 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Well then you are not aware yet of BA PR mechanisms and tactics. It put SK to shame really. Among other thing, they claim that BOB was brought due to customer feedback wanting to pay for food, as the free food before was actually never complimentary nor a part of the ticket.

And this is just an example of a long list of bu****it that the BA PR spins on a monthly basis.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Well then you are not aware yet of BA PR mechanisms and tactics. It put SK to shame really. Among other thing, they claim that BOB was brought due to customer feedback wanting to pay for food, as the free food before was actually never complimentary nor a part of the ticket.

And this is just an example of a long list of bu****it that the BA PR spins on a monthly basis.
No, I'm well aware of Enhancements (TM). But it is at least done by people who have proven themselves outside the 80s hairsalon. Eivind came from some boring accountant job before his superior skills in having seen all episodes of 90210 elevated him to the man that decides service levels from Scandinavia's fliers.

I find it ... amusing.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
No, I'm well aware of Enhancements (TM). But it is at least done by people who have proven themselves outside the 80s hairsalon. Eivind came from some boring accountant job before his superior skills in having seen all episodes of 90210 elevated him to the man that decides service levels from Scandinavia's fliers.

I find it ... amusing.
We get it, you don´t like his hair style. It leaves your argumentation sadly lacking. Roald was a MD at HP and before that a consultant, which is probably where all the crappy strategy is coming from...
Yet BA is no match for SK when it comes to pissing off frequent flyers. BA Golds are treated like dirt on Hand Baggage only fares and have to pay GBP 2.3 for a cup of tea. Alex Cruz is going to take the airline into the gutter if he keeps this up.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:38 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
And again, we are talking about lying to customers and BA has nothing to proved to SK, as this is their strategy for every change. Let's look at the latest example to date: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27891214-post42.html
BA withdraw a benefit (flexible tickets on point to point short-haul) introduced the previous month and their reason is that "it was abuse by a group of passenger". As demonstrated, this was just a lie.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by view
It leaves your argumentation sadly lacking.
juxtaposed with ...

Originally Posted by view
Yet BA is no match for SK when it comes to pissing off frequent flyers.
is irony at its finest. I have my own experiences and they may differ from what you have read online.

BA Golds are treated like dirt on Hand Baggage only fares and have to pay GBP 2.3 for a cup of tea.
I haven't experienced this, but then again, I don't really know what's happening in steerage ...

Jokes aside (Ï'm not joking), this is what I mean:

On BA, they introduce cheapo economy fares and follow it through. I understand the business reasoning for this. Furthermore,the BAEC Golds on HBO are the ones they want to get rid of anyway.

I am not passing judgment on whether this works or not, but at least I can see where they're coming from.

With SK, I simply don't get it. So many decisions are made seemingly out of nowhere and they fail faster than Norwegian skiiers at doping tests. This round of lounge closings is one of them. It truly can't be very expensive to make an agreement with a contractor in these places.

That's when I worry if the hair bleach home-kit may have impaired his ability to make right calls while an accountant at Dell or something.

(If you can't tell, I'm using mental images to show my despect; it's not actually about the hair. Lots of Norwegians still think that's in vogue).
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by wazow
I simply can't understand this. If the cost is a problem, can't they just charge 100kr more per PLUS ticket from the destinations where they close lounges?

GVA fasttrack worked today - with mobile boarding pass. The checkin lady asked if I wanted a printed one and admitted that sometimes the printed DNATA BP would be refused at fasttrack. But no problems going through for me today - and regular lines were extremely long - even for a weekday.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: EBG
Trip report: Fast-track/premium line at ABZ (Aberdeen) worked with mobile boarding pass, relatively quickly through security.

Found out that the Swissport/Servis-Air lounge in ABZ is one with whom SAS has discontinued contract.

Only had about 45 minutes to wait for the flight, but still annoying.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:34 am

First few weeks without lounge access at both ends (GDN/BHX) and, whilst I had never really used the lounge in GDN (I'm normally booked on the first flight to CPH at 6:05AM), losing access at BHX was a significant blow as I used to go just after work at 5PM, grab a snack (no culinary delight there but free alcohol being certainly a plus ) and comfortably carry on with e-mails, spreadsheets and so on until boarding at 7PM: Thursday just gone I went to Pret a Manger, grabbed a sandwich plus drink, then later cappuccino & cake at Costa and paid over 10 quid, which is not an issue but working in the main terminal -apart from the fact that BHX is not really power-socket friendly- with the crowds which will increase together with the charter flights' frequencies is definitely going to be a challenge (for the time being, though, deserted gate 41, hidden power-socket and free The Times newspaper ). Adding to misery, just as I started thinking of gradually switching to LH (mostly on my way back Thursdays) as soon as the current stock of tickets comes to an end, I noticed that the late afternoon flight to FRA (18:05 from BHX) arrives too late for me to catch the last flight to GDN at 21 - needless to say, not even sold by LH. On the plus side, I'm genuinely glad they at least maintained fast track access (especially at GDN, when normal security is normally a zoo at that time in the morning).

G
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by GreatDane
GVA fasttrack worked today - with mobile boarding pass. The checkin lady asked if I wanted a printed one and admitted that sometimes the printed DNATA BP would be refused at fasttrack. But no problems going through for me today - and regular lines were extremely long - even for a weekday.
GVA fasttrack worked for me as well yesterday. Saved me 30 minutes.

Checkin agent was a bit unsure and checked several times, untill he confirmed it should work.

(traveled in Go, but with status).
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH FTL, BWR Gold
AlicorporateUK - check GDN lounge website http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/passeng...ecutive-lounge for some "special promo" for EBG/EBD & SAS Plus. Tried to call them last week but nobody picked up the phone.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by jacosopot
AlicorporateUK - check GDN lounge website http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/passeng...ecutive-lounge for some "special promo" for EBG/EBD & SAS Plus. Tried to call them last week but nobody picked up the phone.
That's interesting, I shall drop them a quick e-mail. If you find out anything before I do, please get in touch via PM ^

Thanks,

G
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Latest cost cut - Manchester lounge

Not sure if it's already been reported, but SAS pulled out of its lounge contract at Manchester.

It was a third party lounge, used by all the other STAR airlines operating at MAN. But as a third party facility no matter what class of travel, what shiny *A card you hold, whatever they tell you at check-in, the dragons will refuse to let you in if you are flying SAS.

SAS agents at MAN are embarrassed and urge us to remonstrate with SAS at Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: *G
As discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...assengers.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.