Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS PLUS SAVER fare Intra-Europe

SAS PLUS SAVER fare Intra-Europe

Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Or they are trying to milk the premium leisure market. Like LH started doing a few months ago, offering regional C fares for 3xx €.
I'd welcome that. Is LH regional C the same product as intra-Europe C?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I'd welcome that. Is LH regional C the same product as intra-Europe C?
Yes, the business product with Y seating and middle seat free with C catering.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:22 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Wow, this is a rather steep change. However if they keep the prices reasonable and we get awarded with business class miles, I am ok even with the change fees. Since it is not too much in my opinion as it's still quite a value for money product especially in situations where I need to renew my status.

So far SAS seems to be ahead at least on this point from my opinion since I buy a lot of one-way fares. I can have the option to fly a full service airline rather than stick it up with the low cost.

Cheers!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Wow, this is a rather steep change. However if they keep the prices reasonable and we get awarded with business class miles, I am ok even with the change fees. Since it is not too much in my opinion as it's still quite a value for money product especially in situations where I need to renew my status.

So far SAS seems to be ahead at least on this point from my opinion since I buy a lot of one-way fares. I can have the option to fly a full service airline rather than stick it up with the low cost.

Cheers!
Rest assured, that these fares will end up costing the same as current plus tickets, meaning you will pay same and just loose flexibility.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by tgj1974
Rest assured, that these fares will end up costing the same as current plus tickets, meaning you will pay same and just loose flexibility.
The few destinations I checked when I found out about this new fare, did cost the same as current/former flexible PLUS tickets.....
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by helosc
The few destinations I checked when I found out about this new fare, did cost the same as current/former flexible PLUS tickets.....
Of course, it is the same with the go light fares, they will cost the same as the former go fares, except for an occasional sale.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:05 am

I am looking to book an IC flight in SAS Plus Saver which appears to allow both changes and refunds with a fee (text below in Danish). Does anyone know where I can find how much the fee would be if I have to cancel and/or make a change? This is for CPH-MIA.

I can't see the fare basis when I'm querying and selecting flights - I'm guessing I won't be able to see that until I get further in the booking process?

SAS Plus Saver

Ćndringer: Ombooking er tilladt mod et gebyr. Hvis der opgraderes til en hřjere prisklasse, vil prisforskellen mellem den fřrst bookede billet og den nye, blive lagt til prisen.

Refundering: Billetten kan refunderes mod gebyr inden afrejse. Brćndstoftillćg kan refunderes inden afgang. Billet og brćndstoftillćg refunderes ikke efter afgang.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
The SK page shows me these rules when choosing Plus Saver for an IC flight:

CANCELLATIONS

BEFORE DEPARTURE
PER ROUND TRIP CHARGE EUR 300.00.
NOTE -
TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF NO-SHOW
-----------------------------------------
NO CHILD DISCOUNT.INFANT FREE OF CHARGE.
-----------------------------------------
WHEN FARES ARE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUNDTRIP BASIS
THE CANCELLATION FEE OF EACH FARE COMPONENT WILL
APPLY.
>
----------------------------------------------
FULL REFUND PERMITTED BEFORE DEPARTURE IN CASE OF
REJECTION OF VISA. EMBASSY STATEMENT REQUIRED

AFTER DEPARTURE
TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
NOTE -
REFUND OF UNUSED FEES AND TAXES PERMITTED.
FUEL SURCHARGE/YQ AND SECURITY SURCHARGE/YR IS
NON-REFUNDABLE

CHANGES

ANY TIME
PER TICKET CHARGE EUR 240.00 FOR REISSUE.
NOTE -
NO CHILD DISCOUNT. INFANT FREE OF CHARGE.
--------------------------------------------------
REBOOKING IN SAME BOOKING CLASS AS TICKETED CHARGE
EUR 240.00 PER TRANSACTION
>
CHANGE FEE WILL BE THE HIGHEST OF ALL CHANGED FARE
COMPONENTS PER TICKET
CHANGE FEE APPLIES FOR EVERY SINGLE CLOSED
TRANSACTION
FOR AUTOMATIC REISSUE THE PENALTY FEE MUST BE
COLLECTED ON AN EMD. FOR MANUAL REISSUE ON AN EMD
OR AS A DU TAX WHICH MUST REMAIN NON-REFUNDABLE
FARES MAY BE UPGRADED TO ANY HIGHER SK FARE IN
CASE OF UPGRADING TO A HIGHER FARE CHARGE
EUR 240.00 PER TRANSACTION AND CHARGE THE
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FARE PAID AND THE HIGHER
UPGRADED SECTOR
REBOOKING/REISSUE/PAYMENT MUST BE MADE IN ONE
TRANSACTION BEFORE DEPARTURE OF EITHER THE FLIGHT
BEING CHANGED OR THE NEW FLIGHT WHICH EVER IS
EARLIER
>
IN CASE OF TICKET UPGRADE THE ORIGINAL
NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:23 am

Thank you! I've been digging through the site for hours and could not find that.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Use the link to the booking class under "Price and Info". There you can get detailed rules.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The change fees for what is supposedly a flexible ticket is absurd.

I had a IC Business saver ticket and needed to change the connecting shorthaul. Called SK to ask the price and the agent had to ask a supervisor. Came back and said;
- Sorry for the delay. Change fee is 340€ + fare difference. The reason it tok so long for me to find out is that nobody ever do change these tickets so I took awhile to find someone who knew how to do it. We recommend customers to throwaway the ticket and buy a new one, because it is always cheaper.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by intuition
The change fees for what is supposedly a flexible ticket is absurd.
I think the intention is that the "Saver" version of the ticket is not flexible. To get flexible E+ or C is far more expensive.

I have booked the Plus Saver itinerary that I was asking about and it was only marginally more expensive than the Go cheapest (non-refundable) ticket, whereas the regular Plus (flexible) ticket was substantially more. I find SAS Plus on a TATL flight to be quite good, in fact substantially better than Go. Seating, meals, baggage allowance are all better, plus gives FastTrack and lounge access. So I was fine with paying a bit more than non-refundable Go to get it, even though it's got fees to change / refund.

I would not have paid out-of-pocket for full fare (flexible) Plus ticket which was three times as expensive as the Plus Saver, so I'm not surprised that the Saver version has those fees.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The saver tickets are only flexible in the same booking code as your original ticket, so if you bought class X you can only rebook for free if your preferred alternative flight has that class available. As cheap classes get scrapped before departure or only strategically left available on inconvenient flights, it provides a useless scenario. You're indeed best off to just buy a new ticket.

If you want cheap Business travel you buy a saver ticket (if available due to days), if you want flexibility you buy a full flex. The full flex rebook on everything without additional cost for rebooking.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The saver tickets are only flexible in the same booking code as your original ticket, so if you bought class X you can only rebook for free if your preferred alternative flight has that class available.
Not quite. PLUS SAVER tickets come with a change fee no matter if your original booking class is available. Regular PLUS tickets can be changed for free within original booking class (usually sold/blocked out close to departure which can make in expensive). The old, insanely priced PLUS Full Flex is no more on the routes which have introduced PLUS SAVER.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I do understand they need to make some kind of diferentiation between saver and regular.
My point is that they do sell the saver tickets as changeable which they in reality are not.
'Yes, you are allowed change it, but the cost for a change is higher than a new ticket.'

And the fact that they know about this says that it is a calculate evil, not a random incident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.