Wiki Posts
Search

Vegetarian in J

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
Vegetarian in J

Hello SAS flyers. I am flying ORD-ARN-DUB in J for the first time. I am usually on UA where there's always a vegetarian option in international J so I don't worry about it there. I know there is a special meal in Y, but what about business?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:48 am

Best option is to pre-order a vegetarian meal for both legs.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Business on SK always has a vegetarian option (not vegan). Don't know about Y or Y+.

If you want to be safe, pre-order a vegetarian meal like Fassy suggests.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:52 am

There is always a veggie option in Business, and they usually have som left when they are done, as most people opt for fish or meat. Had some vegetarian pasta options myself from time to time and I think they are pretty good. The safe bet is of course to pre order as mentioned.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:18 am
Original Poster

I did notice a preorder button in the reservation but when I clicked on it it only took me to the seat selection. I guess I will call!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by horse glasses
I did notice a preorder button in the reservation but when I clicked on it it only took me to the seat selection. I guess I will call!
Yes, known bug... which seems to get fixed just to resurface a few days later... SK IT...

Just call in and order your meal. Especially for the ARN-DUB leg the pre-ordered meals are much better than the on-board catering.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

I finally got around to calling today and put in the request. Interestingly, the agent told me there are no special meals on ARN-DUB as it's too short and it's just "snacks for purchase".
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
ARN - DUB should be in Y+ not Y. And there is a meal. It seems to me that the agent had no knowledge or was just lazy.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jainzar
ARN - DUB should be in Y+ not Y. And there is a meal. It seems to me that the agent had no knowledge or was just lazy.
I even specified "even in business class? " and she said yes. 😒
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by horse glasses
I even specified "even in business class? " and she said yes. 😒
In the FAQ of the homepage, it says Plus above 90 minutes you can get a special meal. I would call again....
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
With ARN-DUB having a scheduled time of 2:45h that should not be an issue.

I requested a special meal a while back to test it on ARN-BRU which is shorter and that was no problem. I did book it through the Diamond line which appears to have slightly more competent people answering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.