Wiki Posts
Search

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
Is it just me?

Somehow my good luck (or SAS' willingness to see me as a valued customer) seems to have dried up. The past 15 flights or so I have

- Always had someone next to me, despite several open seats around the cabin
- Been refused drinks on short haul whenever I asked for something more than coffee/tea (OK, new rules and such, but it worked before)
- Missed out on upgrades

I guess SAS doesn't like me anymore... Or do have things to get worse before they improve in October?

Andreas
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: SK
Originally Posted by alibi
I guess SAS doesn't like me anymore... Or do have things to get worse before they improve in October?

Andreas
So what happens in October?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
SAS announced that they will improve their recognition of status customers then.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I sure miss the seat block - really appreciated it when it worked.

- Been refused drinks on short haul whenever I asked for something more than coffee/tea (OK, new rules and such, but it worked before)
Always work for me - I just briefly show them my EBD card and all drinks are free including family and co-workers.

- Missed out on upgrades
Haven´t been upgraded for 4 years (about 80 segments). Probably stated in my profile somewhere that I shouldn´t get an upgrade. One of the things that SK truly sucks at - upgrade recognition for top tier members.

So not just you for 2/3rd of the issues.

Svantevit
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Seat blocking intra-Europe still works for me on virtually all my flights. There is usually someone in the window seat but never in the middle.

Upgrades are unfortunately not possible for myself, though my wife has had a few. Both in advance through email and on the spot. Perhaps 1 in 12 flights on longhaul, always Plus to Business. She doesn't fly SK shorthaul except for layovers in CPH.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Seat blocking intra-Europe still works for me on virtually all my flights. There is usually someone in the window seat but never in the middle.

Upgrades are unfortunately not possible for myself, though my wife has had a few. Both in advance through email and on the spot. Perhaps 1 in 12 flights on longhaul, always Plus to Business. She doesn't fly SK shorthaul except for layovers in CPH.
Seat blocking virtually never works for me. Most probably since I always opt for the emergency exit rows and other Elites will rather sit in the B and E seat in the exit row than having a aisle or window seat.

So far in 5 years I had not a single opup on SK and just one "courtesy upgrade" with the new system.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:31 am

What new rules? Have I missed something, did EBD get an enhancement?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Seat blocking virtually never works for me. Most probably since I always opt for the emergency exit rows and other Elites will rather sit in the B and E seat in the exit row than having a aisle or window seat.

So far in 5 years I had not a single opup on SK and just one "courtesy upgrade" with the new system.
I have to say that after becoming Diamond I noticed quite a difference the past 12 or so months:
- at least 50% chance on free seat next to me on European routes
- one trans atl op-up
- one trans atl Diamond upgrade for full family
- free drinks - no need to show card
In 10+ years as gold I received very little recognition.

I am please. The danger is of course you at times expect something when arriving at the airport
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
OP: it just happens sometimes... right now I feel exactly the same about Radissons in Stockholm. People report business class room upgrades and this and that, but I have stayed in all of them many times and never get that. Feeling quite blacklisted but nevermind.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Actually, I must say, that my recent Diamond status also have been quite pleasant.

Substantially increased attention from pursers and several examples of added service.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by FFlash
OP: it just happens sometimes... right now I feel exactly the same about Radissons in Stockholm. People report business class room upgrades and this and that, but I have stayed in all of them many times and never get that. Feeling quite blacklisted but nevermind.
Radisson doesn't upgrade if you book with corporate rates, regardless of status, in my experience.

If you make regular bookings with your Club Carlson Gold or Concierge profile I would say the upgrade rate is almost 100%. Regardless of location, but definitely also in the Stockholm and Arlanda hotels.

The Business Class rooms aren't exactly that, a marginal larger room with a Nespresso machine. Not worth paying for to begin with compared to a regular room and nothing worth getting excited over if its a status upgrade. It is practically impossible to get a suite upgrade like HH or SPG will typically accommodate for top elites.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:39 am

Radisson doesn't upgrade if you book with corporate rates, regardless of status, in my experience.
I had about 80 nights last year booked on very steep discounted corporate rate (we are talking here <1000SEK/night) at various RBs in Stockholm, Malmö, Gothenburg, Copenhagen and Oslo and have almost always received a significant upgrade, often enough from standard room to a suite.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: EBD
Same goes for me. Lots of available space, but always one next to me.

- Been refused drinks on short haul whenever I asked for something more than coffee/tea
Hmmm, I get free drinks and I even don't have to show my card. Guess I'm pointed out on the manifest.

- Missed out on upgrades
I've had 863 segments on SAS, but never one single upgrade. Never! (But a couple of really good ones (First) on LH)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
I had about 80 nights last year booked on very steep discounted corporate rate (we are talking here <1000SEK/night) at various RBs in Stockholm, Malmö, Gothenburg, Copenhagen and Oslo and have almost always received a significant upgrade, often enough from standard room to a suite.
Perhaps they are treating Concierge differently these days than they did a few years ago. I don't bother with CC beyond convenience stays anymore and CC Gold isn't wort the trouble if you had to make an effort to achieve it.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

If you make regular bookings with your Club Carlson Gold or Concierge profile I would say the upgrade rate is almost 100%. Regardless of location, but definitely also in the Stockholm and Arlanda hotels.
Just ending my little started OT: no, never a corporate rate. I always book myself and directly on Carlson. I seem to be blacklisted by whole Stockholm area [OT off]

The SAS Gold benefits have worked fairly well for me at least, but now they are gone too as I just dropped down... working up the ladder again but it is so painful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.