Wiki Posts
Search

Internet on board

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
Internet on board

Flying SK for the first time GOT ARN ORD .
Reading up it appears I can get complimentary internet by entering my Eurobonus account details. Currently I'm crediting these flights to UA (SAS Go) but do have a valid but unused EB acccount.

Have I understood this correctly that the internet will be free even if the flights aren't crediting to EB ?
Old May 9, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by duchy
Flying SK for the first time GOT ARN ORD .
Reading up it appears I can get complimentary internet by entering my Eurobonus account details. Currently I'm crediting these flights to UA (SAS Go) but do have a valid but unused EB acccount.

Have I understood this correctly that the internet will be free even if the flights aren't crediting to EB ?
The system would not know where you are crediting your flight, so you would be fine. Just not that the GOT ARN stretch is fairly unlikely to have wifi, only 10 of the 737-800 have wifi. But that is anyway the short part of the flight.

Reading up on the rules, it is only free for Gold and Diamond members. So you are not good to go....
Old May 9, 2016, 2:45 am

If your EB account is "unused", it will not grant you access to the internet on board the long haul segment (Gold/Diamond status required). If you are traveling in Plus/Business, you also get free internet but then your EB account becomes less relevant.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you
Old May 9, 2016, 6:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For free internet on intra-Scandinavia/intra-Europe travel, Norwegian (DY) is the way to go instead of Scandinavian/SAS (SK). DY has far greater proportion of short-haul flights with wifi, and it's free for all without any log-in hassles.

For long-haul, DY is still a no-go for me but that may change one of these days for at least flights headed to the US from Scandinavia.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The system would not know where you are crediting your flight, so you would be fine. Just not that the GOT ARN stretch is fairly unlikely to have wifi, only 10 of the 737-800 have wifi. But that is anyway the short part of the flight.
I guess OP was thinking about the ARN-ORD segment

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Reading up on the rules, it is only free for Gold and Diamond members. So you are not good to go....
Yes, not free for EBD and EBD.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Yes I was thinking of the long haul sector .......and Yes I assumed the blog I saw it in saying all EB members was incorrect (far too good to be true ) but thought the experts here would know.

Norwegian couldn't get near this trip on price -(GOT ORD GBP250 return- so paying for wi-fi won't kill me ) I hear mixed reports on them anyway but I'm sure I'll get to try them myself sometime soon .

Thanks again for such prompt replies.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: SAS EBG
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I'm considering taking a sharpie with me and prefixing the stickers with 'No'.

I've been pretty lucky getting on the planes with Wifi.. whether it actually works is a different matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.