Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
Plusgrade is no longer in use by SAS. They run their own bid process as of February 2nd 2022.

These are the new terms and conditions: https://www.flysas.com/travel/upgrad...rade-tc-en.pdf.

As a major change to the flow, successful bids no longer earn points from the upgraded booking class, but gets a fixed number of additional points depending on the regions of the flight:

Within and between Sweden, Denmark (incl The Faeroe Islands), Norway, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 250 Basispoints
To, from, and within other European countries:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 500 Basispoints
To and from Asia and the US:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Plus to SAS Business: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Go to SAS Business: 3000 Basispoints
Print Wikipost

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
SEK 2700 for transatlantic upgrade from Plus to Business?

On both outbound and return, the minimum bid Plus to Bus transatlantic is only SEK 2700. Isn't that quite low? Is it because it is summer with low business demand? Presumably if I don't become outbid then they will take it. I offered slightly over SEK 2800. Should I offer more?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
There is an internal threshold that varies. I had low offers being accepted but also low offers being rejected despite plenty of seats available for upgrade at check-in.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:25 am

Also saw my four TATL plus tickets can now submit a minimum bid of $300. Very tempting. However I was hoping they would bring the points bid down a corresponding amount but the points only went from 26k to 22k.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jainzar
There is an internal threshold that varies. I had low offers being accepted but also low offers being rejected despite plenty of seats available for upgrade at check-in.
That could also be because other pax changed plans last minute.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jainzar
My lowball bid was successful in securing 4 seats..... I was trying to check the business seatmap and I think the flight is completely oversold because they are not showing any availability in business (and this was before my upgrade).

Now the annoyance is that when I go to select seats, they show the seatmap for Plus. I can't check-in because of a glitch.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
210 EUR showing for ARN-YYZ plus. Anyone have a data point if this is good? Seems worth it...
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: A3 *G
Is there a general pattern for minimum bid amounts to drop as you get closer to departure? I have a party of 3 flying SFO-CPH in Plus at the beginning of October, and prior to August the minimum bid for an upgrade to business was $800. Now that we're within two months of departure the minimum bid has dropped to $500 and, noting some of the ~$300 minimum bids mentioned above, I wonder if it will drop even further as we get closer to the flight. $500/person might still be worth the upgrade price for an overnight flight like SFO-CPH as I took advantage of the Plus sale in May.

Is there any way to check seat maps for SAS flights to see how full each cabin is?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by klavkonz
Is there any way to check seat maps for SAS flights to see how full each cabin is?
ExpertFlyer.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by klavkonz
Is there a general pattern for minimum bid amounts to drop as you get closer to departure? I have a party of 3 flying SFO-CPH in Plus at the beginning of October, and prior to August the minimum bid for an upgrade to business was $800. Now that we're within two months of departure the minimum bid has dropped to $500 and, noting some of the ~$300 minimum bids mentioned above, I wonder if it will drop even further as we get closer to the flight. $500/person might still be worth the upgrade price for an overnight flight like SFO-CPH as I took advantage of the Plus sale in May.

If you do end up bidding for the upgrade will you report back if you are accepted. I’m traveling EWR-ARN in plus a few days before Christmas. The flight is empty as of right now including business. It’s showing USD 800 minimum upgrade and just wondering if that will drop near the time.
desafino likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:37 am

Couple of weeks ago my bid of EUR 550 for an upgrade from Go to Business from EWR to OSL was successful (if I remember correctly the minimum bid was something like EUR 470, but my experience with placing just the minimum bid has been very poor in the past and indeed on this flight the Business cabin went out full).
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Rafi1
Couple of weeks ago my bid of EUR 550 for an upgrade from Go to Business from EWR to OSL was successful (if I remember correctly the minimum bid was something like EUR 470, but my experience with placing just the minimum bid has been very poor in the past and indeed on this flight the Business cabin went out full).
Oh that’s interesting. So you were able to go directly from economy to business? I was under the impression you could only go up one class at a time. Great to know. Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:57 am

Oh that’s interesting. So you were able to go directly from economy to business? I was under the impression you could only go up one class at a time. Great to know. Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Nadiemc
Yes, it was an upgrade from plain Economy to Business. The system gave me a choice whether to bid for Plus or Business and I went with the Business bid.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:42 am

Yes, it was an upgrade from plain Economy to Business. The system gave me a choice whether to bid for Plus or Business and I went with the Business bid.
Great info. Thanks. I wonder if that made your minimum bid more than if you were just bidding one class up.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:28 am

Does anyone know if you have to credit the flight to the EB account to get the 'bonus' point weighting? Have a flight crediting to UA but want to use an EB silver account's points to bid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.