Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
Plusgrade is no longer in use by SAS. They run their own bid process as of February 2nd 2022.

These are the new terms and conditions: https://www.flysas.com/travel/upgrad...rade-tc-en.pdf.

As a major change to the flow, successful bids no longer earn points from the upgraded booking class, but gets a fixed number of additional points depending on the regions of the flight:

Within and between Sweden, Denmark (incl The Faeroe Islands), Norway, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 250 Basispoints
To, from, and within other European countries:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 500 Basispoints
To and from Asia and the US:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Plus to SAS Business: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Go to SAS Business: 3000 Basispoints
Print Wikipost

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 7:02 pm

if it’s mostly about lounge access, you can buy this separately with money or EB points:

LOUNGE ACCESS

Available for purchase online or at the airport for passengers holding a SAS Go ticket on a SAS operated flight.

Also, I would say that sometimes the Business lounge is less crowded and therefore more desirable than the Gold lounge!

Originally Posted by vivere
If I bid 900 SEK from CPH to LHR on a Tuesday flight departing 16:40, will I get it?
Basically I just want the lounge in Copenhagen, my plan is to be there 4-5 hours before departure. Usually I use my PP to one of the mediocre lounges at CPH but thinking maybe it would be fun to try the full European SAS experience this time.

I guess my bid is maybe a bit low, especially to LHR. I payed 1100 SEK for my Basic fare 3 weeks ago.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:52 am

Visited CPH lower lounge on way home to SF0. It made a good resting place while waiting for my flight. Lunch was various bread, salads and diced chicken for salads. Pretty tasty. Sodas, juices, and beer, red wine, and white wine, plus coffee. I've probably forgot something.

Business class was sold out.
Old May 30, 2023, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ride525
When is your flight taking place?

October.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:41 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Bid for EWR-OSL SK909 cancelled/rejected (again) before the bidding had even ended.

Had bid 422.- EUR from M to C.

Upgrade at the airport was available for 899.- USD or 50k miles. I went for the 50k miles and got myself 1D. No regrets.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 2:37 am

The minimum bid for my CPH-IAD flight in about 2 weeks has been bouncing back and forth despite no change in seat availability. It was $500 until one month out, then dropped to $300. A week later it went back up to $500; dropped a few days ago to $300 again. I've just checked, and it's back up to $500 minimum bid. There are 16 unassigned seats (that hasn't changed by more than 1 seat in the past month), and they are still showing C9 as availability for sale.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: DL Gold
JFK-CPH. PE (~65% unassigned) min bid was €150. Business (~55% unassigned) was €420. Min bids did not change from booking a couple months out.

€180 per pax to PE was accepted at 24 hours. Lamenting not going for a near-min bid for J, but there’s not a ton of sleeping hours on this flight so saved some $ and went with PE. Wish you could bid on both and have the higher class accepted.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
That is what I thought as well. I got the rejection mail (Your bid has been cancelled) a little more than 24h in advance. At this point I was checked in already (BN1).
A few hours later I could still submit a bid for my friends, but not myself though.
Do you think that once one has checked in, the bid is automatically cancelled? I was trying to search the thread to learn if I should wait with checking in until my bid is processed.

We are staying at the airport hotel the night before our flight and I was planning to walk over to the airport to check in and get our luggage tags the evening prior to the flight. But if this action will effectively cancel the bid, I'll wait.

Any data points of upgrades clearing after one has checked in?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Do you think that once one has checked in, the bid is automatically cancelled? I was trying to search the thread to learn if I should wait with checking in until my bid is processed.

We are staying at the airport hotel the night before our flight and I was planning to walk over to the airport to check in and get our luggage tags the evening prior to the flight. But if this action will effectively cancel the bid, I'll wait.

Any data points of upgrades clearing after one has checked in?
I've been upgraded about 1hr after checking in, so the bid isn't cancelled. It was an intra Europe flight though.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:53 pm

Programs: HH, *G
Separate from a bid, if you want to BUY an upgrade, the phone staff will not help you if you are already checked in. Same with the airport staff.

last week, J was getting full (CPH-SFO) and I tried to call to grab the last two seats, or at least hear their price, and was told no one could help me but the gate agents in CPH. Except I wouldn’t be in CPH until after all the upgrades cleared… so my $570 bid lost.

(we were in AMS and even tried to find a check in counter the night before but there was no one to help, and SAS has pretty limited phone support hours.)
SusanDK and DaTaco like this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Once again, US to Europe failed but Europe to US bid was accepted.

Outbound: EWR-OSL (bid failed - amount: 300 USD) June 10 2023 (Saturday)
Return: CPH-EWR (successful bid - amount: 300 USD) June 13 2023 (Tuesday)
DaTaco likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
300 USD to PE - or PE to J/C?

J/C seats are in high demand US to Nordics; not so much the other way (day flights).
Old Jun 13, 2023, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
300 USD to PE - or PE to J/C?

J/C seats are in high demand US to Nordics; not so much the other way (day flights).
Oops missed the cabin notation - thanks!

PE to J - min. bid amount for both directions.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 3:42 am

Yesterday (June 12) CPH-IAD. Minimum bid $500 (PE to C) with 16 seats unclaimed. I bid $551 and won, which was probably over-bidding, but I didn't want to miss it. All seats in C were filled.
arollins, DaTaco and gzhou07920 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 4:07 pm

ORD-ARN 25 June 2023 bid for upgrade from Plus to Business accepted for 30,000 EB points + EBD booster benefit. Min bids were $750 or 29,000 EB points. These are a bit high compared to earlier in the year. Hopefully these aren’t new min bids…
Old Jun 25, 2023, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ride525
When is your flight taking place?
October.

Just checked, and it is the same. $1,170 minimum bid, each direction.

It is so strange to me to see SFO flight upgrades at a lower price than Chicago ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.