Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
Plusgrade is no longer in use by SAS. They run their own bid process as of February 2nd 2022.

These are the new terms and conditions: https://www.flysas.com/travel/upgrad...rade-tc-en.pdf.

As a major change to the flow, successful bids no longer earn points from the upgraded booking class, but gets a fixed number of additional points depending on the regions of the flight:

Within and between Sweden, Denmark (incl The Faeroe Islands), Norway, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 250 Basispoints
To, from, and within other European countries:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 500 Basispoints
To and from Asia and the US:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Plus to SAS Business: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Go to SAS Business: 3000 Basispoints
Print Wikipost

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:04 pm

I'm not hopeful for my chances of upgrade to business next Friday. There's 4 of us, and there's 8 seats showing as open on the seat map.. and that's assuming everyone selected a seat.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: Aadvantage, EBS
Originally Posted by budenholzer
thanks! I used the blog link above, but of course it's a good point that Y light tickets probably haven't selected seats yet. I thought the system displays bookings not seats selected. Now I know.

Went in successful after all. Y smart to PE, 13100 points, cleared 12 hours before departure. Arn-Ewr
ChappChapp likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:10 pm

ORD-ARN, bid minimum bid of 300 Euro (+EBD bonus) for upgrade from PE to Business. Upgraded at t-24 h.

A couple weeks ago I won a bid for 24k points (+EBD) for the same class upgrade on ORD-CPH? Also cleared t-24 h.
ChappChapp likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 4:00 pm

Positive thoughts

Originally Posted by quoo
I'm not hopeful for my chances of upgrade to business next Friday. There's 4 of us, and there's 8 seats showing as open on the seat map.. and that's assuming everyone selected a seat.
Successful bid. 4pax, GO->Biz. Bid was "medium". Cleared at 24hrs. IAD-CPH. Before notification, 10 seats available.
Minimum bids started off ridiculously high ($1K+) then dropped to $800, $770, and sat at $462. I placed my bid when I booked months ago & adjusted accordingly. Our return flight shot back up from $462 to over $1K. No tanks.
quoo and Andiia like this.

Last edited by ChappChapp; Mar 28, 2023 at 4:53 pm Reason: edited for clarity
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:25 pm

Ours was not successful but I suspect it was because business class was full.

EWR - CPH bidding 500 /pp for plus -> business for four - got a message around 6 hours out that we were outbid

watching the seat map though I think there was no room to upgrade us into. It’s the Friday before spring break.

the lounge was also nearly full when we got here at 3pm, despite security being no wait.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
Data point: ARN-AGP SAS Go to SAS Plus for 70 USD minimum bid, or 6,000 points.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:05 pm

Bid page not working or am I blocked bc I got my ticket through Chase?

I just booked a ticket on SAS from JFK-CPH. I'm trying to place a bid for an upgrade, but when I click on the link for the bid page nothing happens. I tried the app and there isn't even an option there to bid. I purchased my ticket with Chase Sapphire points. Is that what's preventing me from bidding or is this a website glitch? If the former, is there any way to bid for an upgrade?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 1:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by priobagtag
Data point: ARN-AGP SAS Go to SAS Plus for 70 USD minimum bid, or 6,000 points.
Cleared at 650 SEK (~63 USD).
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So how does the new system work technically? Do they change the booking class in the PNR and attach an EMD for the additional payment? (ie how it used to be with plusgrade?)
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
So how does the new system work technically? Do they change the booking class in the PNR and attach an EMD for the additional payment? (ie how it used to be with plusgrade?)
We probably need you to win an upgrade bid, look at all the records, and then explain to the rest of us how it works....
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Thats the spirit!
Anyone sponsoring my painful self experiment?
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thats the spirit!
Anyone sponsoring my painful self experiment?
I'll chip in with 10 euro
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 10:03 am

Just bid 3000 EB points on my upcoming ARN LLA hop. Will report back.
CPH-Flyer and SK2751 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAS has upped its game with upgrade bidding with the SAS app. Not good news for me.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:25 am

Result of my painful self experiment: SK does a reseating in the DCS (similar to airport cash upgrades) and doesn't touch the original booking class of the ticket. So I got the usual amount of status miles with M&M for the original booking class (Q) but a seat in Plus. I made the mistake of checking in with LH for MUC-ARN-LLA before the bid cleared, so it wouldn't generate a boarding pass citing a cryptic message (due to a special service request associated with your booking you are requested to contact ground staff at the airport for assistance). The agent in MUC taking my luggage just mentioned 'you got reseated' and printed the boarding passes.

In the end it was a waste of 3000 points but they were expiring in June anyways
SusanDK, CPH-Flyer, SK2751 and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.