Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:40 am

Ah I miss the Optiontown days... The prices of upgrades these days are about as silly as it gets.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by William S
Ah I miss the Optiontown days... The prices of upgrades these days are about as silly as it gets.
Indeed! Often the upgrade prices are higher then a straight fare difference in the first place

Especially since the upgrades go into saver fare classes

Not worth it most of the times in my opinion
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Indeed! Often the upgrade prices are higher then a straight fare difference in the first place

Especially since the upgrades go into saver fare classes

Not worth it most of the times in my opinion
Well the upgrade for points can be good value though so that is at least something. The minimum bid for Go to Plus (longhaul) hovers around 15k which was the rate you received at the gate in the past. And the extra points are good to have. So far I have only had one bid declined which was Plus to Business ARN - HKG at around 25k points.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by William S
Well the upgrade for points can be good value though so that is at least something. The minimum bid for Go to Plus (longhaul) hovers around 15k which was the rate you received at the gate in the past. And the extra points are good to have. So far I have only had one bid declined which was Plus to Business ARN - HKG at around 25k points.

Points wise thats true but its only an extra 1250 basic points on ANR-ORD route plus status bonus if any... It would be a good value if one atleast got the Plus points instead of plus saver, but it is what it is.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Confirmed upgrade for IAD-CPH from Plus to C for 35,130 EB points, at around T-48 hours.

I"m not sure if that's a high points price, but I had points that expire soon so it was worth it to me.

Will I earn any points on this (like based on my paid class of service?). The FAQ on SK's site is unclear about this when paying with points instead of money.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by jfidler
Confirmed upgrade for IAD-CPH from Plus to C for 35,130 EB points, at around T-48 hours.

I"m not sure if that's a high points price, but I had points that expire soon so it was worth it to me.

Will I earn any points on this (like based on my paid class of service?). The FAQ on SK's site is unclear about this when paying with points instead of money.
You will earn points as if you had booked business saver, i.e. 7.500 (plus elite bonus if applicable) for your route.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo
Some data points:
14 Oct 2017 ORD-ARN: Plus to Business for 24,680 pts, declined; upgraded at check-in for 35,000
2 Dec 2017 ORD-CPH: Plus to Business for 27,280 pts, declined; Business was fully booked at check-in
6 Jan 2018 ORD-CPH: Go to Business for 38,315 pts, accepted
What was your status?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:47 pm

IAD-CPH - upgrade minimum offer to biz is above $1200, to "plus" - $600 or so. Is that the usual range? Is there a way for me to see seat map in plus/business for some guidance (and probability anything better will be available at check in)?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Expensive

These minimum cash prices are too expensive, especially since they are higher than the fare difference to business at time of booking. On the outbound the plane was changed from a A330 to A340, meaning the smaller Y+ cabin looks completely full.
  • ARN-LAX, Plus->Business, min offer $870 / 25k points
  • LAX-ARN, Plus->Business, min offer $935 / 27k points
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:45 am

In general all airlines have increased their upgrade pricing significantly. Quite disappointing... but seems they either still got enough people pay what they ask or it is more important to them to protect their premium pricing.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:53 am

Hi, Im EBD...

Originally Posted by SK2751
What was your status?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo
Hi, Im EBD...
Thanks this is useful to know (supposedly it influences the bid success-rate)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
In general all airlines have increased their upgrade pricing significantly. Quite disappointing... but seems they either still got enough people pay what they ask or it is more important to them to protect their premium pricing.
My guess would rather be that the premium cabins sell better at the moment, and airlines are adjusting upgrade prices accordingly.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:37 pm

Today on extremely lightly loaded IAD-CPH at gate ug to Plus $500, to J $1400.
Plus is less than half full, J appears as well.
There is simply no logic in paying that much for a marginally wider seat and one extra choice with meal.
I guess SAS does not need money
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by br2k
Today on extremely lightly loaded IAD-CPH at gate ug to Plus $500, to J $1400.
Plus is less than half full, J appears as well.
There is simply no logic in paying that much for a marginally wider seat and one extra choice with meal.
I guess SAS does not need money

Especially for gate upgrades that seems very expensive...

I have been following a ARN-ORD flight coming up the flight is WIDE open in all cabin. Under 15 seats selected in ALL cabins and expertflyer showing 9 across all booking classes! Yet the prices stay steady no deals to be had...

Funny enough also no seat block for this EBD so I am stuck next to someone on a near empty flight ������

I am flying with others so I am debating wheter a upgrade offer is even reasonable at these prices. Since I am allergic to fish I dont even get the second meal choice is PLUS It seems SAS has set prices and staying steady!

Last edited by kauppias; Jan 24, 2018 at 9:16 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.