Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system from 25 April and SK ditches OT

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system from 25 April and SK ditches OT

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 27, 17, 5:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: oliver2002
Wiki Link
Rules for the new PLusgrade system starting 25APR2016:

Code:
 SAS Upgrade
 Effective 27APR16, SAS will offer a new way to upgrade via the partner Plusgrade, with an opportunity to bid for an upgrade on SK operated flights.

It is possible to bid for an upgrade on SAS home page, from time of booking until 48 hours before departure.  

The minimum price will be set by SAS and the bid will be confirmed or denied 36 hours before departure. 
 It is possible to cancel or change the bid until 48 hours before departure.
 There is no sign up or booking fee.
 Note: It is still possible to buy an upgrade at the airport, to a fixed price.
 Open 22 hours before departure.

Upgrade available for passengers holding SK/117-document with a confirmed reservation, on all SK operated flights, including wet lease.  
 Upgrading combinations

From SAS Go to SAS Plus on short haul and long haul flights
 From SAS Go to SAS Business on long haul flights only
 From SAS Plus to SAS Business on long haul flights only  

Note: If travelling with children, upgrade possible to SAS Plus and SAS Business. 
 If travelling with infant, upgrade not possible. 
 Booking classes

Short haul: A (SAS Plus)
 Long haul: Z (SAS Business) and A (SAS Plus)  

Note: The fare conditions of the original ticket remain unchanged.
 Form of payment

Credit card
 EuroBonus points  

Credit card or EuroBonus account will be debited when the upgrade is confirmed. 
 Benefits

According to the new service class, e.g.:

SAS Business check-in
 Fast Track security
 SAS Lounge access
 Priority boarding
 Meal and service according to the new service class
 EuroBonus points earned according to the new service class, when the bid is confirmed
 Note: Not valid for upgrades at the airport. 

Note: Baggage allowance according to the original booking class.
 Restrictions

Upgrade not accepted for:

N, G, X and F-class
 Travel Industry discounted fares (booking classes R and N)
 Charter flights   

Refund

Refund of upgrade permitted if flight is cancelled or at version change of aircraft. 
 Updated 27APR16 12.10
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 23, 19, 4:59 am

SK 945 ARN-ORD on Friday Jan 25, 2019: success from Plus to Business with 25500 points.

Originally in Go but rebooked two days before flight to Plus for whole trip (HEL-ARN-ORD-RDU/RDU-IAD-CPH-HEL) for 762 euros and then submitting upgrade request with very low bid maybe 50 hours before departure and it did not long to get confirmation.
Old Feb 10, 19, 9:50 am

No luck on the way back home with SK 926 IAD-CPH on Friday Feb 8 with 36500 points.
Old Mar 2, 19, 9:04 am

Programs: Aadvantage, EBS
TXL-ARN yesterday. Bidded with min amount of points and got upgraded. The food in TXL lounge was totally fine (although there are a lot of carbs available, too), wide drink selection with some quality beer and rum also available (Franziskaner and Mount Gay). Overall a very good experience. The only downside is that you don't get Fast Track in TXL.
Old Mar 6, 19, 2:36 am

Programs: SK*G
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade ARN-ORD Plus (S) to Business with EB on both out and inbound. Is it possible to get a confirmed upgrade without using PG?

Going back a few years, we used to be able to book a guaranteed upgrade with EB points. I have tried a few times with PG but never succeeded, not sure due to the bid or the availability. On one occasion I bid ~30k, it was denied and then asked to upgrade in the lounge before the flight and it cost 35,000 points, so there was space.

I am wondering if a Star Alliance upgrade on SAS using EB points will work since if there is award space it should be confirmed there and then. Looks like it costs 35,000, which is probably more than the necessary bid, but I'd rather use more points and be sure than waiting for the next opportunity to use the points I've accrued. FYI, Lufthansa M&M is better in this regard as an instant Premium Eco to Business upgrade costs between 20K or 30K depending on fare class, but of course the availability seems to be much more limited...

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 19, 5:06 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Most likely you bid for ARN to ORD will be accepted, whereas ORD-ARN will be rejected. From Scandinavia to the US is easy to get a successful bid whereas the other way it is difficult.
pobbop likes this.
Old Mar 15, 19, 10:48 pm

Programs: OZ & A3 Gold, AZ Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG & Accor Plat
HKG-CPH from SAS Plus to Business - Bid: 325 EUR - Rejected at T-36HRS

C:6 seats left at T-48HRS and C:3 seats left at T-36HRS
Old Mar 19, 19, 1:38 pm

Programs: SK
So this might have been asked before but I couldn't really find an answer. I'm considering booking CPH-ORD in GO, but will eventually be bidding to get it in PLUS. Does it affect your chances of getting the upgrade if you have a stop or two instead of going direct? Or will they just upgrade you on the long haul if it goes through? I am aware it depends on the seats sold etc. but just wanted to hear if anyone had any experience with this.
Old Mar 19, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
I would recommend to book right away in PLUS if you consider flying it (unless you intend upgrading with points or the PLUS seat is > 250 € more expensive than GO).
You will only be upgraded for one segment at the time, so if you have a stopover and you want to be in PLUS on both flights you need to bid twice.
Old Mar 20, 19, 2:10 am

Programs: SK
Originally Posted by herwig View Post
I would recommend to book right away in PLUS if you consider flying it (unless you intend upgrading with points or the PLUS seat is > 250 more expensive than GO).
You will only be upgraded for one segment at the time, so if you have a stopover and you want to be in PLUS on both flights you need to bid twice.

Thank you very much for your help. Will book with points so that was the reason for asking.
Old Yesterday, 10:13 am

Programs: OZ & A3 Gold, AZ Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG & Accor Plat
CPH-AMS from Go to Plus - 50 EUR - ACCEPTED at T-46 hours from departure