Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
Plusgrade is no longer in use by SAS. They run their own bid process as of February 2nd 2022.

These are the new terms and conditions: https://www.flysas.com/travel/upgrad...rade-tc-en.pdf.

As a major change to the flow, successful bids no longer earn points from the upgraded booking class, but gets a fixed number of additional points depending on the regions of the flight:

Within and between Sweden, Denmark (incl The Faeroe Islands), Norway, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 250 Basispoints
To, from, and within other European countries:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 500 Basispoints
To and from Asia and the US:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Plus to SAS Business: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Go to SAS Business: 3000 Basispoints
Print Wikipost

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:03 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I see folks comment on expert flyer seat counts... I only see unassigned open seats but that means nothing.

Anyone have insight on IAD to CPH on April 21st?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by peeta
Oh yes, I meant Apr 12th.
Expert flyer shows 6 seats left in Business. Eco and Eco Plus are wide open. Minimum bid is still at EUR 960. I'll try the airport tomorrow.
Airport price was ca. EUR 20 above the minimum bid - something like EUR 980. Same for SAS Plus, which was around EUR 345 at the airport. There are 2 open seats in business.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:50 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by peeta
Airport price was ca. EUR 20 above the minimum bid - something like EUR 980. Same for SAS Plus, which was around EUR 345 at the airport. There are 2 open seats in business.
At least it’s consistent. I think one time the minimum bid was $790 and they wanted $2k+ at the gate
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I see folks comment on expert flyer seat counts... I only see unassigned open seats but that means nothing.

Anyone have insight on IAD to CPH on April 21st?
if you don’t have ExpertFlyer one way to check for seat counts is to just put increase the number of passengers in the flight search until it shows that flight as booked full. And of course SAS will show “X seats left” when there’s a limited number available

Edit: I just checked on SAS and it looks like 8 seats left in economy, 1 seat left in Plus and no seats in business. ExpertFlyer says the same unfortunately

Last edited by unitedwildcat; Apr 12, 2024 at 9:56 am
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
if you don’t have ExpertFlyer one way to check for seat counts is to just put increase the number of passengers in the flight search until it shows that flight as booked full. And of course SAS will show “X seats left” when there’s a limited number available

Edit: I just checked on SAS and it looks like 8 seats left in economy, 1 seat left in Plus and no seats in business. ExpertFlyer says the same unfortunately
Thanks,

And that is seats for sale - so probably means it is overbooked in all classes! And for sure looks like people are not paying for preassigned seats (we booked our flight prior to the implementation of charges last fall)

We will be happy with our Plus seats and use the money not spent on upgrades on a great meal or something else special on our holiday!
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:44 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
This is a good method, just beware that it shows the number of seats for sale at this price. Meaning it may show only 4 seats available but in reality 30 seats are available since the system will never go beyond 9 in availability.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps
This is a good method, just beware that it shows the number of seats for sale at this price. Meaning it may show only 4 seats available but in reality 30 seats are available since the system will never go beyond 9 in availability.
yeah agreed. I would recommend starting your search to check availability with 9 adults. Even with EF it will only show up to 9.

in other news: My upgrade for CPH-NYC cleared at T-24. I bid $240 to go from Plus to business, which is the cheapest minimum I’ve seen flying this route. Minimum bid had jumped to $410, but EF showed wide availability so I stuck with the $240. Not a bad way to go for my final flight with SAS
Gnopps likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:20 am

yeah agreed. I would recommend starting your search to check availability with 9 adults. Even with EF it will only show up to 9.

in other news: My upgrade for CPH-NYC cleared at T-24. I bid $240 to go from Plus to business, which is the cheapest minimum I’ve seen flying this route. Minimum bid had jumped to $410, but EF showed wide availability so I stuck with the $240. Not a bad way to go for my final flight with SAS
Curious to see if your $240 bid will be accepted! My husband and I fly CPH-NYC next week and the minimum bid is $240 to go from PE to BC. ExpertFlyer shows around 22 free seats.. I think there is a high chance of getting BC for a really low bid?
p.s. entirely new to this upgrading/bidding thing.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ecleeuwe
Curious to see if your $240 bid will be accepted! My husband and I fly CPH-NYC next week and the minimum bid is $240 to go from PE to BC. ExpertFlyer shows around 22 free seats.. I think there is a high chance of getting BC for a really low bid?
p.s. entirely new to this upgrading/bidding thing.
My post above was saying that it got accepted 24 hours ahead of the flight, even though the minimum allowed bid had increased! I’d definitely put in a bid at that price. You can always raise your bid if you notice seats start to fill up
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:29 am

Sorry, read it too fast! That's great to hear. Will make the bid immediately, lol!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.