Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Gold status + pause membership + city lounge + many more changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold

Dear all,
There are two articles about EuroBonus on DN Norway today. One is about how we can keep gold for lifetime after 10 years of gold. Also there are things about pausing our memberships, etc. Lastly, they want to build city lounges?!

http://www.dn.no/privat/2016/03/08/1...esten-av-livet

http://www.dn.no/nyheter/naringsliv/...remse-samtidig

Sincerely,

SB
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:15 am

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I'm excited to see the Sthlm city lounge. And removing the age 65 barrier from lifetime Gold is pretty cool! 8 more years to go for this guy!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:21 am

So... Does 5 year Diamond status also gives lifetime Gold?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by fassy
So... Does 5 year Diamond status also gives lifetime Gold?
No. You will properly get 1 year at silver level and loos all your points.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by strikerbird
Dear all,
There are two articles about EuroBonus on DN Norway today. One is about how we can keep gold for lifetime after 10 years of gold. Also there are things about pausing our memberships, etc. Lastly, they want to build city lounges?!

http://www.dn.no/privat/2016/03/08/1...esten-av-livet

http://www.dn.no/nyheter/naringsliv/...remse-samtidig

Sincerely,

SB
On one note this is good news, but on the other note, it will reduce the value of our membership status, when more people get gold and diamond status.

What I would really like to see is rollover of unused base points like with the Club Carlson nights and stays or rolling earning periods. And yes, I know this will reduce the value of the membership too, but this way you are rewarding people that are actually flying, rather than people that are on standby for one reason or another.
My travel depends a lot on the clients I'm assigned too. Over the last 5 years, I've missed gold status by less than 5000 points at least twice, and last year I got enough points to secure Diamond and Gold on top, but I haven't been on a single trip this year so far.

Is it fair that people that managed to secure gold 10 years in a row, and then don't even make silver, are keeping their gold status for life

I know it's a difficult to build a fair program, but it seams that SAS is more focused on getting more members at gold or diamond level, than increasing the value of the levels.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
What I would really like to see is rollover of unused base points like with the Club Carlson nights and stays or rolling earning periods.
Could not agree more!
I would gladly accept to 'raise the bar' back to the former 50/100K levels to get the rollover points setup...
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:55 pm

Rollover points and upgrade vouchers is what I have asked for for years. They just do not listen and keep inventing some useless status perks or throw shabby gifts (Diamond goodie bag) at you... Very disappointing.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is the pausing membership thing done in an attempt to market to people who are likely to take or are taking parental leave? It seems so.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:38 pm

I have actual no idea what the idea with the city lounges is about? Will the at least offer a city-ARN transfer? Otherwise it is completely useless. If I have access to a city lounge but need to go to the airport sooner or later - I would go to airport directly and spent time in the lounge there?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Improve communication with passengers and status holders, fix the website, fix point posting, remove the cruft from the mobile app (sudoku, maps, etc.), reduce misconnects on shorthaul, remove inconsistencies from the onboard soft product, consider improving the food in the lounges (a nice dessert option perhaps?).

And then we can talk about city lounges and nonsense like that...
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:06 pm

I must admit I think these are good changes. 20 years gold-several EBD/EBP also on/off. I think lifetime gold is well earned. Now a little Diamond/HON-style lounge in CPH/ARN/OSL (and EWR) would be great. And bring back C-class (or at least a cabin divider) intra-EU :-)
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fassy
I have actual no idea what the idea with the city lounges is about? Will the at least offer a city-ARN transfer? Otherwise it is completely useless. If I have access to a city lounge but need to go to the airport sooner or later - I would go to airport directly and spent time in the lounge there?
Maybe they will do rail company lounge tie-ins? Or is this nothing more than a Regus type partnership of the sort that I've been given via various US airlines selling member info to Regus?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
This is excellent news, I will make sure to requalify this year as it would make 10, and I do not have to worry about my *G card again.

I guess the city lounge will be like the *G City Lounges that once existed. They were killed of pretty quickly though...
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:03 am

There seems to be a lot of positive changes coming. Any word on when the negative changes plan to be announced? Not joking, just being realistic.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
City lounges, what a joke.

Lifetime Gold after 10 years, well nice to get that as soon as its implemented.

Also still waiting for roll-over points and upgrade vouchers. Why does SK consistently ignore customer feedback and wishes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.