Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Has SAS given up on the Gold lounge in CPH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has SAS given up on the Gold lounge in CPH?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by alibi
Hoping for a separate area for Diamonds...
I would put that at same likelihood as bottles of Krug in the new fridges....
Dover2Golf, alibi and GUWonder like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by oliver2002
OSL and ARN are identical FWIW, so its just a matter of updating the SLA with the caterer. I suspect their contract in CPH doesn't allow it.
It might be me, but to me the food in ARN and CPH are almost the same and equally bad. The only different is ARN almost always server tomato soup, while CPH almost always server Thai soup or similar. Being allergic to tomatoes I almost never eat in ARN as the soup is the only eatable thing in the lounges. At least IMHO.
OSL I haven't been through in a while, so I can't tell what food they server there now a days.

One strange think in ARN. For some reason they are almost always out of glasses and plates when the clock hits 17:00 and the rush hour starts. When you ask for more they find 5 or 10. Why don't they buy a 1000 more? It's been like this since they renovated the lounge.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Sep 11, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Angry

Gradually the new layout/furniture grows visible. Pictures are from 7 September, so before several of the posts above.

Havn’t still seen the whole picture, but the sofas here seems a bit to modern, designed for short stays and not as comfortable as the former set up near the fire place.

I have feared that the old-fashioned but private working desk will disappear, and seem to be confirmed by others.

Barista is a fine thing, though the crew struggled to operate the machines. And the bar chairs are too low.

Ursa81 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Those sofas are form over function. Apart from using them to sleep on, I can't imagine them to very comfortable as hey are too deep. You'll end up being reclined way too much for comfort or you'll probably end up sitting on the edge with no lumbar support. Whoever picked them clearly never bothered to sit on before selecting.
​​​​​​
And why pick large sofas? Individual chairs around tables will give a better utilisation of the available seats. As strangers on a sofa prefer to settle in with more space in between than the sofa is designed for.
Gnopps and Tango Alpha like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
It might be me, but to me the food in ARN and CPH are almost the same and equally bad. The only different is ARN almost always server tomato soup, while CPH almost always server Thai soup or similar. Being allergic to tomatoes I almost never eat in ARN as the soup is the only eatable thing in the lounges. At least IMHO.
OSL I haven't been through in a while, so I can't tell what food they server there now a days.
That Thai soup in the CPH soup is disgusting. I never knew Thai soup could taste bad until trying that one. A salt lick. Sums up the food offerings there.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It looks like they are using the same modules in CPH they have in the OSL domestic lounge:

- huge sofas that are space consuming and not really fund to share with strangers
- no power outlets anywhere
- tiny tables that really don't allow you to place a laptop, a notepad and something to eat/drink on it at the same time
- tables arranged such that there is no privacy at all, and a serious risk that you will accidentally bump into a laptop/notepad/food&drink when you wiggle thru the tiny space between the tables
- wrong chairs at the barista, so they are removed in the end and people stand at the counter

Gnopps, GUWonder and Tango Alpha like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The two PP lounges in shengen are not better than SAS...
One of those two at CPH is less crowded than the other Schengen PP lounge and it is often less crowded than the SAS lounge.

One of the PP lounges in the non-Schengen area at CPH are no worse than the SAS lounge complex at CPH, and I choose it over the SAS lounge when flying to non-Schengen areas or arriving into the airport’s non-Schengen section.

Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zeer0
That Thai soup in the CPH soup is disgusting. I never knew Thai soup could taste bad until trying that one. A salt lick. Sums up the food offerings there.
I take offense to it being called "Thai soup" - it is inedible. Having seen where it comes from, it is local produce coming out of a carton which can be bought at most discount supermarkets...
zeer0 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: most of them
Just flew through CPH today. I was rather surprised that there is no SAS or *A lounge after passport control. Luckily I have Priority Pass access so I could use their lounge. It just seems that with all of those long haul flights it would make sense to have a lounge after immigration.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What they really should build was a connection over to the D gates non Schengen directly from the lounge The location should allow for it.. But I doubt SK wants to pay for that, nor the police wanting to split their resources But would be a great idea.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: More than one
I wonder whether SK will get a none Schengen lounge in the new E gates building which is currently being constructed
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What they really should build was a connection over to the D gates non Schengen directly from the lounge The location should allow for it.. But I doubt SK wants to pay for that, nor the police wanting to split their resources But would be a great idea.
That's a nice idea, but I too have zero expectation of that happening at CPH anytime soon.

The CPH airport has become about centralizing as many people while at the airport as it can get away with doing and distributing retail space so as to get in the way of as many passengers as possible for as long as possible. I am just counting down the time until the airport decides to provide retailers space on the overpass from the Metro to the security screening checkpoint areas.
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.