Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Same-day change to earlier flight at LHR - GBP 60

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G

Was surprised some weeks ago to learn at the LHR T2 SAS ticket counter that, apparently, SAS have a standing offer - subject to availability - to change your flight to a same-day earlier flight for GBP 60 regardless of booking class/other restrictions/issuer of ticket.

Does anybody know if this is new and/or applies to other airports as well? Will check at OSL tomorrow and report back ...
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:59 am
Suspended

Interesting and good demand management, really.

Just letting people know btw that if you're traveling PLUS, I've never once been charged in LHR to move to an earlier flight. This was on normal PLUS, not the most expensive one. Also been able to get on the 18.40 arriving at 18.10-18.15 if space was available (including seat block, even) even though I was on the last flight.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
No luck at OSL yesterday. In fact, the guy at the ticket counter thought the LHR offer was against SAS policy.

It would be interesting if others could confirm the LHR approach and help find out if this is limited to LHR/a test/other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.