FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   What happened to SAS Play? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1739789-what-happened-sas-play.html)

JeeiJapan Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm

What happened to SAS Play?

Hi Guys

I noticed that the SAS Play information has been missing/gone from the SAS website and not in the app too?
(SAS Play listed all the movies/TV)

I always liked to check what movies where on board so as not to double etc...
Now with the new cabins and entertainment systems there will be more choices too I believe, but I can find it listed anywhere

Anyone have any insights?

Cheer
J

FlyingMoose Jan 18, 2016 3:43 am

It wasn't in the airplane either this week. Perhaps they discontinued it.

While the new entertainment is of much better quality than its predecessor, don't get fooled by thinking the library has increased one bit. Still the same old limited small selection of recent movies that you've probably already seen.

dznyboy Jan 18, 2016 3:53 am

SAS corporate PROMISED a brand new web site in Jan 2016.
So i would guess they dont update the current one.

H.J.Simpson Jan 18, 2016 4:03 am

Out of curiosity, I am flying to HKG this week. Does anyone know, if the new James Bond or Star wars movies are been shown on-board?

oliver2002 Jan 18, 2016 4:35 am

No chance, those two will only be available on board around the time the DVD is released. (Spectre: Feb 9, Star Wars VII: May 2016)

The reason why the content on the RAVE system is limited is probably connected to the high proportion of aircraft with the old system: airlines pay a flat licensing fee for the content shown and its calculated by the seats able to see it.

FlyingMoose Jan 18, 2016 5:35 am

They weren't on there this Saturday, it didn't appear the library had gotten a refresh from the December content either.

Main issue with the content right now is that they fill it with 10-12 block busters and some popular tv shows. Though as Oliver points out, only after the BluRay release, which generally means most people will have seem them already.

What the library needs is less mainline and hence cheaper content. Some indy movies, documentaries or otherwise interesting items that don't have a multi-million dollar marketing budget, improving the odds of people finding something they can watch. I find the occasional Scandinavian movie which is decent and I will surely not have seen them but there is also a lot of garbage.

CPH-Flyer Jan 18, 2016 8:39 am

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson (Post 26036088)
Out of curiosity, I am flying to HKG this week. Does anyone know, if the new James Bond or Star wars movies are been shown on-board?

As far as I know the only time any Star Wars movie was available on an airline has been on the R2D2 painted ANA 787-9. At least that was the media story in Japan. So don't expect the current one to show up....

oliver2002 Jan 18, 2016 8:44 am

To be honest, I catch up on most movies on my trip. But blockbusters like 007 or Star Wars are best seen in a theater. Even with QRs mega screen its no fun watching these.

UA1K_no_more May 17, 2016 11:44 pm

Movie listings available online?

I checked the "inflight entertainment" page on the SAS site, but couldn't find any list showing which movies will be shown onboard transatlantic flights in May and June.
Is the list available online somewhere else on the site?

And yes, I realize that the SAS movie offering is much smaller than competing airlines, so I'm prepared for that. :)

Jonasdk May 18, 2016 7:42 am

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more (Post 26642634)
I checked the "inflight entertainment" page on the SAS site, but couldn't find any list showing which movies will be shown onboard transatlantic flights in May and June.
Is the list available online somewhere else on the site?

And yes, I realize that the SAS movie offering is much smaller than competing airlines, so I'm prepared for that. :)

They have discontinued showing lists online of the inflight entertainment, since most of their longhaul planes got upgraded.

CPH-Flyer May 18, 2016 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Jonasdk (Post 26643877)
They have discontinued showing lists online of the inflight entertainment, since most of their longhaul planes got upgraded.

They also seem to have discontinued it onboard, or maybe just this flight.... Only listed on the system.

UA1K_no_more May 18, 2016 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Jonasdk (Post 26643877)

They need to update their webpage, then. :p

Entertainment. On our long-haul flights,you can watch films & listen to music, audio books and podcasts. We have something for everyone. You can browse the entertainment guide now and dream away. Entertainment onboard
http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i.../sas-business/

Silferlood May 27, 2016 7:14 am

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more (Post 26644668)
They need to update their webpage, then. :p

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i.../sas-business/

:D someone at SAS has read your post, it's updated now.

BCC Jan 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Long Haul In Flight Movie Updates

Any idea what is playing on the long haul flights? I am flying CPH-SFO and want to know if I should download any movies to watch. I flew 8 long haul trips between Scandinavia and the US last year. By September, I just put my eye shades on and tried to sleep the entire flight. The IFE & Food got real boring.
My last flight from MIA to OSL was the end of November. I am wondering if any updates happened between then and now. Thanks for any input !

FT Guest xyzpdq Jan 18, 2017 12:55 am

Originally Posted by BCC (Post 27777342)
Any idea what is playing on the long haul flights? I am flying CPH-SFO and want to know if I should download any movies to watch. I flew 8 long haul trips between Scandinavia and the US last year. By September, I just put my eye shades on and tried to sleep the entire flight. The IFE & Food got real boring.
My last flight from MIA to OSL was the end of November. I am wondering if any updates happened between then and now. Thanks for any input !

I had CPH-EWR mid november and CPH-IAD start december: No changes
CPH-IAD again start January: I believe there were a few minor changes - but I am not entirely sure. Next one up is CPH-MIA in start Feb and ARN-HKG by mid Feb. Certainly hope there is an update before that.

Just flew CPH-DXB on EK. What a difference on IFE (and many other aspects)

fassy Jan 18, 2017 1:51 am

I stoped relying on IFE content years ago (actually when I bought my first tablet) and never looked back. Even on carriers with better options than SK.

CPH-Flyer Jan 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 27779721)
I stoped relying on IFE content years ago (actually when I bought my first tablet) and never looked back. Even on carriers with better options than SK.

I bought and bring my tablet for the same reason, but I ended up using it very little. Usually only during take off and landing when I am in bulkhead seat with the screen in the arm rest. Or on short haul connections with no IFE.

I rerun something for the umpteenth time, without really paying attention. Last year I did 4 to 6 long haul per month, so even keeping a tablet fed with interesting new stuff is a challenge.
​​​​​​
​​​

oliver2002 Feb 9, 2018 12:29 am

One year on, still no sign of what will be available in the 200 h of entertainment... :(

oliver2002 Aug 31, 2018 2:42 am

Finally, I see a website that is live: https://inflightentertainment.sas.se/en/

^

FlyingMoose Aug 31, 2018 2:48 am

Nice, it still has the same movies they showed in July. :(

kauppias Aug 31, 2018 3:03 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose (Post 30151112)
Nice, it still has the same movies they showed in July. :(

SAS has had the worst selection IFE in my opinion :( many tv series with ONE or two episodes and rarely updated! :( Its a pity for those of us who almost live on planes

Herrick Dec 14, 2019 2:08 pm

IFE-List of movies

Trying to find out what movies are available on an upcoming flight and can’t find the info. Anyone have a link?

CPH-Flyer Dec 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Herrick (Post 31840112)
Trying to find out what movies are available on an upcoming flight and can’t find the info. Anyone have a link?

I think SK stopped publishing that some years ago. Last time I saw it it was in the app as a download. But that is not the case any longer.

oliver2002 Dec 15, 2019 2:19 am

Now the IFE website is broken (again): https://www.flysas.com/us-en/travel-...entertainment/

CPH-Flyer Dec 15, 2019 2:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 31841376)
Now the IFE website is broken (again): https://www.flysas.com/us-en/travel-...entertainment/

I get a warning from Chrome that it contains malware. Which I guess is kind of broken.... Hehe

I thought they had killed off having the contents listed online. Just hidden it better I guess.

highupinthesky Dec 15, 2019 3:26 am

It should be here https://inflightentertainment.sas.se...8-new-releases but the page is broken. (Certificate error and then 404 page not found)

I found the page through
  1. In the the top menu selecting travel info - onboard - internet & wifi
  2. In the trancel info - onboard page I clicked on inflight entertainment
  3. Then I expanded the view the online entertainment guide

Edit. Just noticed it was the wrong link I pasted.

Herrick Dec 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks - I guess I’ll load the iPad up to the gills

dodgeflyer Dec 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Inflight entertainment page on the website now works again

oliver2002 Dec 19, 2019 12:16 am

They have updated the link. Its https://sas-west.ifdhub.com/onboard

SkOrdBgo Dec 19, 2019 7:23 pm

I’m afraid that last link has outdated movies. I flew last Sat - most of the marvel movies are not there. And there were some new releases as like Ready or Not, Plus One, and Anna. But, as listed on that website. MIB III, Alitta Battle Angel, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix were there, for name a few.

GUWonder Oct 15, 2021 10:01 am

SAS has gone cheap with in-flight entertainment during the course of the pandemic. I've been bringing my own A-V entertainment for SAS flights because the SAS screens want to make me bust out singing "99 channels and nothing on". Actually, it's worse than 57 channels and nothin' on.

Both the Springsteen video and SAS had some kind of Godzilla-like thing on for a bit too long.

CPH-Flyer Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am

I had back up supplies of IFE as well.... I do on all long haul flights.

kauppias Oct 16, 2021 2:01 am

Honestly I wish it was possible to view my own content on the screens onboard, that would work well for me :)

CPH-Flyer Oct 16, 2021 2:15 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 33649129)
Honestly I wish it was possible to view my own content on the screens onboard, that would work well for me :)

ANA has that in their new J and F cabins. Standard HDMI connector.

kauppias Oct 16, 2021 7:02 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 33649150)
ANA has that in their new J and F cabins. Standard HDMI connector.

That's great 👍

Let's hope these become more common place

FlyingMoose Oct 19, 2021 3:44 am

You can do that in SAS Business Class on their long haul planes, just need to connect your own content through the USB input.

But yes, been the same story for a decade+, SAS IFE is a joke and they want to only offer me a handful of family friendly movies that I don't care about or tv shows that I've already seen. Bring your own.

DALtoAAL Mar 13, 2023 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 35082591)
I mean, come on, the entire Fast and Furious series is right there for the choosing :D, including a few of the titles with foreign subtitles despite you have chosen no subtitles.

Not really my cup of tea! ;) Compared with the ones like AA or DL, the IFE on SK felt really sub-par, heck even AF and AY have more content on their respective IFE-systems.

Repooc17 Mar 13, 2023 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL (Post 35085018)
Not really my cup of tea! ;) Compared with the ones like AA or DL, the IFE on SK felt really sub-par, heck even AF and AY have more content on their respective IFE-systems.

The amount of titles are definitely lacking, but displays feel crisper. Also, I like them for the outside camera options. Ishad on for hours, maybe because lack of other substances :p

​​​​​