Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Clarification on Fare rules transatlantic Go

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I do have a upcoming trip CPH-US1-US2-US3-CPH itinerary in Go and want to rebook it to be HAM-CPH-US1-US2-US3-CPH-HAM as I'm relocating to HAM before departure.

The phone agent told me: Absolutely No, no changes by adding or changing segments allowed at all.

I find it hard to believe since the fare rules say rebooking is allowed for a 140€ penalty but does this really mean you can only change dates for the same flights?

What about two days later and I would like to to CPH-US1-US2-US1-CPH instead of using US3 on my outbound because otherwise timing of the return would work?

Any insights?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:51 am
ekf

As I understand it, your departure airport and destination airport can't be changed, doing that is considered as a cancellation and a new booking. Any changes in between would be ok.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I'd grab a separate itinerary with just the HAM r/t with sufficient margin to connect from your original itinerary and safe yourself any headaches trying to make such changes to an existing booking.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I'd grab a separate itinerary with just the HAM r/t with sufficient margin to connect from your original itinerary and safe yourself any headaches trying to make such changes to an existing booking.
I guess that will do in the end but I'm really puzzled why they won't even look up a new end to end itinerary as I would be ok with paying change fees and new pricing (as long as it is reasonable). Nothing lost for the airline?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
I guess that will do in the end but I'm really puzzled why they won't even look up a new end to end itinerary as I would be ok with paying change fees and new pricing (as long as it is reasonable). Nothing lost for the airline?
To avoid people booking outstation tickets at reduced prices. While I understand you're basically doing it in reverse, it's simply the fare rules.

BA, for example, has incredibly attractive pricing out of CPH and DUB with stop-overs in LHR/LCY/LGW. Messing with the origin/dest. would screw that up for the airline.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

That actually makes sense. I have even seen quite a lot of cheap ex-HAM fares through CPH, so for next year long-haul travel SK seems to be good option for me.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
That actually makes sense. I have even seen quite a lot of cheap ex-HAM fares through CPH, so for next year long-haul travel SK seems to be good option for me.
It's silly since you're basically departing from a 'cheaper' airport now, but I guess it makes some kind of sense.

Just to give a perspective; I took my prettier and wiser half on a prolonged weekend to NYC this summer with BA in J - booked 3 weeks in advance, we paid DKK 9,500 each r/t. Same trip would have been more than twice as expensive ex-LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.