Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

BOS in Privatair 737 starting in Summer2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS in Privatair 737 starting in Summer2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
One reason if on Award ticket is the scam charges.
True. But going through full US immigration and customs processes when there is not need...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
True. But going through full US immigration and customs processes when there is not need...
Redundant logic. Don't fly then no cost or airport security or delays etc.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Redundant logic. Don't fly then no cost or airport security or delays etc.
No. Direct flight to Canada, no US immigration needed. Connecting through the US, full immigration needed for international to international connections.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:25 pm

Read the thread title. Boston is not in Canada.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Read the thread title. Boston is not in Canada.
Read the posts, it was about a discussion on connections to Toronto from Boston vs flying direct to Toronto from Copenhagen. And about SK offering connections beyond the Boston flight.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Read the posts, it was about a discussion on connections to Toronto from Boston vs flying direct to Toronto from Copenhagen. And about SK offering connections beyond the Boston flight.
You the only one that brought it up, there is no SAS to Toronto and its SAS forum. Who cares about AC here.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
You the only one that brought it up, there is no SAS to Toronto and its SAS forum. Who cares about AC here.
It is actually the SAS Eurobonus forum, so any earning partner is relevant. While SK is often the preferred carrier, you would be foolish to discount flying other *A partners on competing routes as you can ofter pay less or earn more miles. In this case, AC would be an option if you do not need the direct flight and want to minimize security. You would also need to calculate the CPM and see if the earnings justify the stop in Toronto (which may not be the case), If you want the direct flight, just book SAS.

Last edited by livious; Aug 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you bothered to read, no I was actually not the one bringing Air Canada into the picture. I was merely replying.

In any forum, comparing what is out there of routings, connections and options is always relevant. So any airline may pop up in the posts in the forum from time to time.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Who would fly CPH-BOS-YYZ when there is a daily AC CPH-YYZ flight on B787 or B77W (during the summer)?
Hence my interest in the other destinations. @:-)

The price point out was because it would never allow them to compete with the direct AC.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:15 am

SAS 927/928 XLD BOTH 3/29 & 3/30!!! Will CPH/BOS be Gone Soon??

Was on SK 928 Monday, March 19. Flight must have had 100 OPEN seats. My daughter & I had 2 seats for eating and a row of 4 in the middle for napping!! My husband and son were in Business and ONLY half of the seats were occupied....

Will this Route survive??

Glad we flew Home with Lufthansa!!

Happy Easter!!!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by ITALady
Was on SK 928 Monday, March 19. Flight must have had 100 OPEN seats. My daughter & I had 2 seats for eating and a row of 4 in the middle for napping!! My husband and son were in Business and ONLY half of the seats were occupied....

Will this Route survive??

Glad we flew Home with Lufthansa!!

Happy Easter!!!
Just saw it confirmed in Danish aviation press, that SK will make 'seasonal adjustments' to CPH-BOS and cancel it - at least during the winther:

https://finalcall.travel/da/bekraeft...-ruten-vinter/
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:18 am

The "good" thing is that they wrote they will retire LN-RKP at the end of 2018
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I've never understood this route to being with. The 737 long haul-practice to repurpose the failed SVG-IAH route was sad but SK's network doesn't need another North-East US location. I can get to Boston in so many ways on so many carriers or if I insist on flying SK through 3 other well served hubs in the region.

Hoping it gets axed altogether and that we find the plane to be put to use on a West-Coast or mid-West destination.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I've never understood this route to being with. The 737 long haul-practice to repurpose the failed SVG-IAH route was sad but SK's network doesn't need another North-East US location. I can get to Boston in so many ways on so many carriers or if I insist on flying SK through 3 other well served hubs in the region.

Hoping it gets axed altogether and that we find the plane to be put to use on a West-Coast or mid-West destination.
It does get cut from the winter schedule. For now they announce it as a seasonal cut Though I doubt it will come back.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Capacity is moving back to Miami, which goes back to a daily flight. Three weekly to Copenhagen and two each to Oslo and Stockholm.

Mo: OSL-MIA-CPH
Tu: CPH-MIA-CPH
We: ARN-MIA-ARN
Th: CPH-MIA-OSL
Fr: OSL-MIA-ARN
Sa: ARN-MIA-CPH
Su: CPH-MIA-OSL

Last edited by MAH4546; Apr 9, 2018 at 2:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.