Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS enters into agreements with Cityjet for wet lease and sale of Blue1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.

Does this change SAS operations from Helsinki/ HEL somehow?

www.sasgroup.net/en/index.php?weblink=a2ltLnZhaW5pb25wYWFAZ21haWwuY29t fDExNzMzfDE1MTQ1
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Does this change SAS operations from Helsinki/ HEL somehow?

www.sasgroup.net/en/index.php?weblink=a2ltLnZhaW5pb25wYWFAZ21haWwuY29t fDExNzMzfDE1MTQ1
That is an interesting one. Did they not just cash in on the 717s and transfer 737-600 to Blue1? Now they are selling the company and switching it to CRJ900. I think a far more economical choice in the size class. But a bit of a zig zag course.

For the operations out of Finland, I guess not much change as Blue1 was already just a provider of capacity for SK.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Just wondering if crew will be Finnish or Irish. Let's see.

http://www.cityjet.com/news/cityjet-...-for-sas.shtml
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Just wondering if crew will be Finnish or Irish. Let's see.

http://www.cityjet.com/news/cityjet-...-for-sas.shtml
Since they are acquiring a Finnish AOC along with the purchase of Blue1 I would expect that the flying will be done under that based out of Helsinki with current staff, otherwise why pay for the company?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since they are acquiring a Finnish AOC along with the purchase of Blue1 I would expect that the flying will be done under that based out of Helsinki with current staff, otherwise why pay for the company?
I think SAS might have payed Cityjet to get rid of liabilities. Blue1's latest reported equity ratio is negative (10/2014).

This piece of information is available only in Finnish

http://yritys.taloussanomat.fi/y/blu...taa/0712891-2/
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miikkak
I think SAS might have payed Cityjet to get rid of liabilities. Blue1's latest reported equity ratio is negative (10/2014).

This piece of information is available only in Finnish

http://yritys.taloussanomat.fi/y/blu...taa/0712891-2/
Looking at the SK press release they have most likely not paid outright to transfer the company, but in the sum of the capacity purchase agreement they have probably indeed. The release is pretty vague on the sales price, but it does attribute the main part of the impact to the P&L.

But that does not change my thinking that City Jet must have an interest in the AOC and operations based in Helsinki. Why else pick up the pieces, and the existing employment contracts and conditions?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A really sad end to Air Botnia aka KF/Blue1 Happy to have flown them during the peak in 2005. AY and DY won this battle.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: SK*G Diamond, AY+ Gold
Quite interesting whether any routes will be served by SK out of HEL next year, except ARN/CPH/OSL. No any info on website.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:27 am
Original Poster

SAS/ Cityjet routes from HEL 2016

Originally Posted by cheros
Quite interesting whether any routes will be served by SK out of HEL next year, except ARN/CPH/OSL. No any info on website.
They operate the same routes as Blue1 did. F.ex. HEL-ARN-TXL-ARN-HEL/ B736. I look timetable only, suits very well for same B737-600 based in HEL with same crew.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just the other day, my booking on SK op by KF suddenly changed to "op by Undefined". I called SK to ask, and they said "Yeah, we have been seeing this "undefined" quiet a lot lately, but no idea what it means".
- So you will find someone to fly this flight?, I joked, not knowing about this news. And she clearly didn't know either.

So my question - is this happening right now? There is no time table in the linked article.

Last edited by intuition; Oct 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:01 pm
ekf

Originally Posted by intuition
Just the other day, my booking on SK op by KF suddenly changed to "op by Undefined".
I have a trip booked which includes one segment that has been stated as operated by Cimber then by Undefined and finally went back to Cimber again some weeks later. Wouldn't worry too much about it, probably just an IT glitch...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

SK is violating EU2111/2005 by not disclosing the operating airline to its customers.

Taking the SK1708 example:

Code:
DOSK1708/22OCT                                                                  
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SK1708    1 TH 22OCT15                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
CPH          0805  TH CDZRJYSBPAE/R       717         1:35                      
                      MHQVWUKLTOG/R                                             
                      N/R                                                       
HEL 1040  TH                                                1:35                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.CPH HEL   - AIRCRAFT OWNER BLUE1                                             
 2.CPH HEL   - OPERATED BY BLUE1                                                
 3.CPH HEL   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                                               
 4.CPH HEL   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1                                               
 5.CPH HEL   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    

CONFIGURATION-                                                                  
               717  C 110   M   5                                               
>dosk1708/22may
DOSK1708/22MAY                                                                  
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SK1708  214 SU 22MAY16                    
CPH          0800  SU CDZRJYSBPAE/R       CR9         1:30                      
                      MHQVWUKLTOG/R                                             
                      N/R                                                       
HEL 1030  SU                                                1:30                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.CPH HEL   - AIRCRAFT OWNER UNDEFINED                                         
 2.CPH HEL   - OPERATED BY UNDEFINED                                            
 3.CPH HEL   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                                               
 4.CPH HEL   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1                                               
 5.CPH HEL   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    

CONFIGURATION-                                                                  
               CR9  C  84   M   4                                               
>
QA is showing as 'undefined' in the GDS:

Code:
>sn22maycphhel/ask1708
SN22MAYCPHHEL/ASK1708                                                           
** AMADEUS SCHEDULES - SN ** HEL HELSINKI.FI                 214 SU 22MAY 0000  
 1QA*SK1708  C9 D9 Z9 R9 J9 Y9 S9 /CPH 3 HEL 1  0800    1030  E0/CR9       1:30 
             B9 P9 A9 E9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U9 K9 L9 TC OC G9 NL                    
>dnaqa
DNAQA                                                                           
QA/*** 000 UNDEFINED                                                            
>
SK/KF already had little respect for EU2111/05: I saw that when KF sent a JO/JTG Jettime aircraft once from HEL to MUC. LH insisted it was a JK/Spanair aircraft
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:53 am
Original Poster

1Nov15 SK705 HEL-ARN is operated by JT B733. I also read a comment on Facebook from Blue1 pilot (I presume) that CityJet starts its operations next spring. So are we going to experience a mix of SK, QA, JT and DAT flights from HEL?

Last edited by Abducted Alien; Nov 1, 2015 at 5:31 am
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
My HEL flight had now changed from undefined to op by Cimber
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:16 am

WX/Cityjet is also operating CR9s in Norway for SK. Sadly the fleet has been filed incorrectly, with only 4 seats in Go, rest in Plus

A colleague is looking to fly from TRD to MUC in April and can't take the more convenient SK 345 to OSL:

Code:
AN29APRTRDMUC0800/A*A                                                           
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** MUC MUNICH.DE                 77 FR 29APR 0800  

3WX*SK 345  C9 D8 Z8 R1 J8 Y7 SL /TRD   OSL    0820    0915  E0/CR9            
             E9 M9 H2 GL NL                                                     
     SK4759  C9 D8 Z8 R1 J8 Y7 SL /OSL   MUC 2  1005    1220  E0/738       4:00 
             E9 M9 H2 GL NL                                                     

>dosk345/29apr
DOSK345/29APR                                                                   
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SK 345   77 FR 29APR16                    
TRD          0820  FR CDZRJYSBPA/K  E/G   CR9         0:55                      
                      MHQVWUKLTOG/G                                             
                      N/G                                                       
OSL 0915  FR                                                0:55                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.TRD OSL   - AIRCRAFT OWNER CITYJET                                           
 2.TRD OSL   - OPERATED BY CITYJET                                              
 3.TRD OSL   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    

CONFIGURATION-                                                                  
               CR9  C  86   M   4                                               
>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.