Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

United Earnings changed after booking- can i get retro points?

Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver

I booked my summer travel back in December- It had a United domestic first class segment. At the time of booking, United domestic first gave 200% points, in Z as well.

Now i notice that in march they changed it to 100% earnings. Can i retro report in such a case? Kinda unfair to change the rules after booking.

https://www.flysas.com/en/us/eurobon...rlines/united/
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Since you have nothing to lose I would reach out to SK to claim the points with the argument you're already making and as a similar case point out they allowed retroclaiming under the old EB rules when the program changed.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: DYKWIA
No. Membership conditions state that Irrespective of when the activity was booked, the number of points earned depends on the earning scheme applicable on the date of the activity. (link)
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
No chance, but you can try anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.