Wiki Posts
Search

We're sorry

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
We're sorry

Just received a mail from SAS with this title and the following text: "You recently received an email from us to inform you that you would be a SAS EuroBonus Diamond member for another year. We are sorry to tell you that this is incorrect. Unfortunately, you have not fulfilled the requirements for Diamond membership this time and we regret if we have misled you.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back as a Diamond member again soon.

Best wishes,

SAS EuroBonus"

Anyone else experienced the same?

Background is I received like a month ago a mail, wellcoming me to another year as Diamond, even though I didnt qualify. I thought it was a courtsey thing, because they really hadnt provided anything special during that year, but seems it was a mistake :-(

Will complain help;-)?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: SK*G
I also received this email today.

A couple of weeks back i got my gold card, which confused me since i received the initial "welcome to another diamond year". Yesterday i called Eurobonus to check why, and they said there had been a mistake. Simple message, just "we're sorry, there will be an email coming..."

So, this is another not so impressive mishap... And I agree that the last year, I haven't really enjoyed much diamond customer service...
...except for the Marshall headphones i had to pay lots of customs on (though saved some money, though I didn't really need them.
...once getting the free beverage (a bottle of water).
...got threatened by SK to be left in LHR when returning from KIX to OSL on points in C, if i didnt re-route my LHR-OSL via STO (overnight transfer) with paying myown hotel in STO... This due to Asiana moving a flight 20mins later, coming 5mins below SK min cx-time (which is 30min more than LHR's own min cx-time). My travel companion using UA miles, got no message that this was an issue...
Old Aug 8, 2015, 2:25 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by jebediah

So, this is another not so impressive mishap... And I agree that the last year, I haven't really enjoyed much diamond customer service...
...except for the Marshall headphones i had to pay lots of customs on (though saved some money, though I didn't really need them.
You should have contacted SAS about the Norwegian VAT as I did. SAS paid the VAT bill, and later changed the way they dispatched the headphones, paying the Norwegian VAT directly. See #15 in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...-question.html

...once getting the free beverage (a bottle of water).
Did you ask for it, and show your card? EBD has not been shown on manifests, so the F/As don't know that you are entitled to a free beverage, unless you show your card. I have gotten my beverage on all GO flights after this was introduced, and got to choose between all non-alcoholic beverages. The sole issue was the free beverage for a co-traveller. The, very senior, F/A gave him the drink, but claimed that she thought a free drink for a travel companion was a benefit just for Pandions. She was in doubt, and I checked it out. She was wrong, it is also a benefit for EBDs.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by ksu
Did you ask for it, and show your card? EBD has not been shown on manifests, so the F/As don't know that you are entitled to a free beverage, unless you show your card. I have gotten my beverage on all GO flights after this was introduced, and got to choose between all non-alcoholic beverages. The sole issue was the free beverage for a co-traveller. The, very senior, F/A gave him the drink, but claimed that she thought a free drink for a travel companion was a benefit just for Pandions. She was in doubt, and I checked it out. She was wrong, it is also a benefit for EBDs.
I never had any problems getting the free drinks for either myself or people travelling with me. I just ask for what I want and then just show my EBD card quietly pointing to the EBD part. Works like a charm.

Svantevit
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:45 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Svantevit
I never had any problems getting the free drinks for either myself or people travelling with me. I just ask for what I want and then just show my EBD card quietly pointing to the EBD part. Works like a charm.

Svantevit
That's what I do as well, but it was this one F/A who didn't know the rules about accompanying persons.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by Svantevit

Svantevit
Try flying Copenhagen-Berlin, then you will receive absolutely nothing - no Diamond perks at all. Not even coffee even though SAS claims: "Always on SAS: free coffee". Well, always is not always on all routes!! They'd rather pour the rest of the Plus-class coffee in the sink than give it to you.

Last edited by Jespersm; Aug 12, 2015 at 12:54 am
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Jespersm
Try flying Copenhagen-Berlin, then you will receive absolutely nothing - no Diamond perks at all. Not even coffee even though SAS claims: "Always on SAS: free coffee". Well, always is not always on all routes!! They'd rather pour the rest of the Plus-class coffee in the sink than giving it to you.
Also on CPH-HAM, CPH-HAJ, CPH-GOT... on all very short hops the service depends if the crew is willing to serve anything more than a round of candy. I have experienced extraordinary bad service on the short JO operated flights after they took over from Cimber. Cimber at least tried to serve coffee/tea even on the short hops.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
Flew CPH-IAD recently with my girlfriend in GO. Used the diamond perks extensively on the 7 hour flight. Plenty of smoothies, beers, wine, champagne and sodas :-)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
On OSL-SVG this morning, they were actually cross-checking the diamond card holders across a copy of the manifest on the trolley (I showed my card, she nodded, then checked the manifest). Baby steps, baby steps...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: EuroBonus
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Try flying Copenhagen-Berlin, then you will receive absolutely nothing - no Diamond perks at all. Not even coffee even though SAS claims: "Always on SAS: free coffee". Well, always is not always on all routes!! They'd rather pour the rest of the Plus-class coffee in the sink than giving it to you.
My experience with Copenhagen-Berliin (and return) is that no one gets coffee. We got a juice carton, and that was that, nothing for sale or anything.

So definitely not "Always free tea and coffee" on SK.

DanishFlyer
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by DanishFlyer
My experience with Copenhagen-Berliin (and return) is that no one gets coffee. We got a juice carton, and that was that, nothing for sale or anything.

So definitely not "Always free tea and coffee" on SK.

DanishFlyer
They do serve coffee in Plus, but refuse to give it to their Diamond customers. Also, they stopped serving juice; now it's just a tiny piece of chocolate candy.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Bottom line: yet another big screwup by SAS and yet inconsistency and rudeness define as the only constants. At least the above is consistent with my experiences (except the mail about Diamond. I actually qualified again, but haven't finished my year yet), Diamond perks are completely depending on the mood of the FA and sending a complaint or feedback to SAS is like trying to make a phone call to a deaf person...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.