Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Courtesy Upgrades for EuroBonus Diamond & Pandion

Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

http://www.businessclass.se/forum/th...pandion.27415/

Seems you can apply for an upgrade based on availability in the future
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Maybe they're just rebranding OpUp to "Courtesy upgrade" ? :P.

Would be interesting to create a thread and have people report on this and figure out if there's any logic to how they determine when/who should get a courtesy upgrade.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
You must be logged-in to do that.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
My Svensk is not so good but if this is true then I'd appreciate the gesture.

@MrCharming: Nah, I can't imagine SAS wanting people to formally apply for an opup 24 hours before departure.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:16 am

Anyone seen any impact of this rumor yet? I have my first long haul with them to China end of next month. It is a Sat flight and Plus / Business are not normally full. I normally do a points upgrade (usually successful) but I am thinking about just taking the risk to see if they are doing these now.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Very unliky that they implemented it. First of all it is summer in Sweden... nothing happens here in the next 4 to 6 weeks. So if it would be in play they had announced it before the vacation time.

Second, it is a rumour and so far SAS hasn't even made public announcement they are working on it.

So, in the end: No

I think the thread says they planed to confirm the upgrade pre-check-in so doing the point upgrade at check-in would not be a disadvantage like it is for a true Opup at the gate.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
No effect of this so far at least.

Sitting in the lounge now with my son waiting for the EWR flight and with available space in Y no complimentary upgrades. My card was in with a EBD prefix, but says SK*G on the boarding card.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teom66
No effect of this so far at least.

Sitting in the lounge now with my son waiting for the EWR flight and with available space in Y no complimentary upgrades. My card was in with a EBD prefix, but says SK*G on the boarding card.
That's because there's only *G, not Diamond. SK*G on the BP simply refers to your star alliance status. If EBD is on the booking, and you are not travelling with an infant, you will be upgraded based on space automatically down to an hour or so before departure. It's automated, and in place, working currently.

^
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by SwiftFoX
That's because there's only *G, not Diamond. SK*G on the BP simply refers to your star alliance status. If EBD is on the booking, and you are not travelling with an infant, you will be upgraded based on space automatically down to an hour or so before departure. It's automated, and in place, working currently.

^
Well - it didnt for me. And ther was business and plus availability.

Also it seems that United is not "understanding" the EBD prefix as *G, so on the connection its no status as EBD (so i can imagine no extra bags on return travel either....)
Old Aug 8, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: EBG (SK*G), HH Diamond

Also it seems that United is not "understanding" the EBD prefix as *G, so on the connection its no status as EBD (so i can imagine no extra bags on return travel either....)
Seems like a hit or a miss at the moment with United's systems recognizing status. Try to have United put your EB in as EBG instead. It seems to have worked for others. SKIT at its best..
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:41 am

How old is your son that you're travelling with? Have you gotten upgraded recently as EBD?

With United, and any other airlines, it's best to just fill as EBG since EBD has been bugged since it came out, sometimes it can work. They're working on making it work with most airlines, but I wouldn't count on it. It's SAS, save yourself the headache and put EBG

If you make them change to EBG, you will get your bags on the return for free.

Well, at least you get to choose the spade from the goodiebag, and some free coke in Go on intra-european flights!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by SwiftFoX

^
Interesting to hear this. I wonder if anyone has actually had it happen. I have not seen any reports as yet.

I have a europe flight to Paris in a few weeks in Go followed by a flight to China also in Go. Right now the outbound flight to China is wide open for Plus and Business and pretty full (bot not totally so) in Go. I was going to try a points upgrade, but I might sit it out to see if the system works. I will report back either way.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:14 am
Original Poster

At least what SwiftFOX reports is not the same as was discussed before. This sounds more like a random opup rather than a program.

The first reports said you had to apply for it and since there is no site open to do so, or even track how much upgrades you got (since it says you can only get one, then out of the draw for the next flight). Also no new reports on any of the other sites.

And by the way: No free upgrade for me departing CPH, with EBD in the booking and showing card at check-in, space available in Plus and C and Y pretty loaded last week...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:02 pm

For those of you who truly are flying SAS longhaul a lot, you will notice the upgrades. The information was leaked a while ago, and now the IT is in place, along with the latest EBD changes. You can follow the upgrade success if you read Scandinavian languages here.

Just to give some more information, this is how it works:

• Eurobonus Diamond/Pandion qualify for upgrade. EBD/EBP must be in the PNR.
  • This is for tickets on longhaul flights in Go/Plus, and you can upgrade to Plus (from Go) and Business (from Go/Plus).
  • Booking class becomes C,D,Z,I,R, or N if upgraded.
  • Completely automatic upgrading based on free seats in Plus/Business. No chance to effect this via manual input.
  • Notification at the earliest, 24 hours before departure, and at the latest 3 hours before departure regarding upgrade.
  • Maximum 5 PAX within the PNR for the booking to qualify for upgrade.
  • Infant causes the whole PNR to be disqualified for upgrades.
  • If you are upgraded on longhaul med SAS "Courtesy Upgrade" you are then disqualified for "Courtesy Upgrade" on your next trip.
  • Points earned based on original booking class.

^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.