Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Courtesy Upgrades for EuroBonus Diamond & Pandion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtesy Upgrades for EuroBonus Diamond & Pandion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AY Plat, Member TG,LH,UA,AC
I have got no email but I can check in to SAS Business; upgraded from SAS Plus for SK963 ARNHKG on Oct1st.

Thank you SAS !!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:38 am

There is no recent posts about courtesy EBD upgrades.
Has this initiative ceased, or does it still occur?

Any recent experiences?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
There is no recent posts about courtesy EBD upgrades.
Has this initiative ceased, or does it still occur?

Any recent experiences?
It's still active with a lot of upgrades happening. There are threads on another forum with a lot of activity.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Jonasdk
It's still active with a lot of upgrades happening. There are threads on another forum with a lot of activity.
As EBD, flying generally out of MAN find myself upgraded on literally every SK flight, other than those from MAN-CPH. Recent success with CPH-NRT and NRT-CPH, CPH-PEK and PEK-CPH, even CPH-MAN on return (sampled the new food box) and even on some absolutely bargain Go fares. LH and OZ always oblige as well (Op up to C on FRA-ICN was the pick of the bunch). It is kind of amazing, as I am EBD by pure Go no-frills slogging across the world. Next week I am doing MAN-SIN-CHC return on SQ with an E fare, so i'll see whether SK's largess applies even there - I doubt it.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jonasdk
So I'm just constantly unlucky...

I still think SK should be more transparent with the upgrades. Best, just hand out 2 upgrade vouchers or something like that which allow after booking to get a confirmed upgrade. It is not that difficult...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Agreed on lack of transparency, having a hidden system for upgrades without details is going to result in some people reporting constant upgrades while others none. Vouchers would completely solve this issue. Outside of vouchers the upgrades should work like this: OT -> Points Upgrade -> Courtesy Upgrade based on status.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Worked perfectly for me + family. Upgraded from Go to Plus on ARN - HKG on today's flight. Got the upgrade email exactly 24 hours prior to departure from ARN.
Thanks SAS :-)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
I am a bit confused. Your information shows that you are EBG, which does not for the qualify for the courtesy upgrade for EBD/EBP???

However, congrats on the family upgrade. I have had it happen twice, although I never received an email and only found out at OLCI or the gate.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by livious
I am a bit confused. Your information shows that you are EBG, which does not for the qualify for the courtesy upgrade for EBD/EBP???

However, congrats on the family upgrade. I have had it happen twice, although I never received an email and only found out at OLCI or the gate.
My profile says SK*G not EBG :-) same as in your profile...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Sorry for that, I was a bit dense last evening. Regardless, good to see that the upgrades are happening.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Air New Zealand Gold
Hi guys
I received one of these nice upgrades a couple of weeks ago on NRT-CPH
Was a nice email with the same wording as described earlier in the thread
I had booked Plus on the NRT-CPH (Day flight, no need to sleep, so plus is fine) but upgraded to Business, on the return i often book business for sleep...so didnt get to see if upgraded...
It was a nice touch

Cheers
J
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: SK-EBD
I got the same 10 days ago. Courtesy upgrade on a SFO-CPH-flight from Plus to Business. I had even requested both point and Optiontown upgrade, but didn’t get either. But then T-24 I got the free upgrade!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:16 am
Original Poster

So.... how is the progress? I'm still out of luck. Had about 10 long haul flights out of CPH, 0 courtesy upgrades although there is availability in the higher class. Flight tomorrow has space in C but I will enjoy the ride in Plus...

Very disappointing.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by fassy
So.... how is the progress? I'm still out of luck. Had about 10 long haul flights out of CPH, 0 courtesy upgrades although there is availability in the higher class. Flight tomorrow has space in C but I will enjoy the ride in Plus...

Very disappointing.
I found some more experiences on a Norwegian forum - more reports than here of courtesy upgrades. Will see what happens with my flight on Sun CPH-SFO booked in Plus...

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...fDja4_5ZQ_inZw
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy

Very disappointing.
My wife got one as EBD on ARN-ORD. The OT upgrade was declined days before departure (with a wide open cabin), then the morning of departure she had an email with a "formal" courtesy upgrade.

While the courtesy upgrades now appear real, I can't understand why they don't adopt the US model. I also still don't understand why they would decline a revenue upgrade for a courtesy upgrade when the cabin had multiple empty seats. They could have taken the revenue and handed out courtesy upgrades to EBD/EBP's that didn't attempt a revenue upgrade.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Feb 4, 2016 at 6:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.