Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SAS long haul routes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Or it could be that Danes are the only ones stupid enough to go to Florida during summer
I didn't want to bring it up, but if a Dane does I can only second this.

Florida has its times to visit but it is really not during the summer months.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
I'm saying both.

But let's not treat that like an insult - the simple reality is that Copenhagen is a bigger tourist destination than Oslo and, as you mention, a cruise hub. Nothing more.
you're right... and I didn't take that as an insult.. i was just curious that's all.. :-)
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:23 am

Speaking of flying to Florida in/out of season, we flew the direct DY flight from CPH-MCO in January / March this year, but I just noticed yesterday that the route does not exist on the schedule after October 24th.

What's up with that?! I've tried to google to find out if DY is dropping this once-per-week route completely, or if they plan to make it 'seasonal' and, if so, why in the world would they drop it for the winter if they have plans to bring it back in the summer?

It was a perfect itinerary for us (for a winter trip to our Florida home) and I will be very sad if it is already cancelled after one year.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
I know the Boston route is still very new but I was very surprised travelling back on SK928 last night and only 12 people in SAS GO (everyone got a row each). FWIW Business seemed very full though. I hope this route can be sustained because it is a great destination
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:45 am

How is BOS for immigration / transiting / connections?

It's nice to have another option on the east coast for connecting in the U.S. I dislike EWR and IAD. Is Logan any better?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe BOS has a bad reputation too. Admittedly, I have never done US imm. at BOS - YYZ is a lot better.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
BOS now it has ESTA machines is fine, much more quicker than EWR or IAD.

It is however a small immigration hall, so YMMV if you arrive together with a few other large planes. Never any nonsense when I use BA203.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:07 am

IAD has also the passport reading machines.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Arriving on SK927 after a few wide-bodies (Qatar & Virgin I think) made immigration painful and it was 45min-1hour for US/Repeat ESTA line. I am sure I was just unlucky though..
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Oflyt
Arriving on SK927 after a few wide-bodies (Qatar & Virgin I think) made immigration painful and it was 45min-1hour for US/Repeat ESTA line. I am sure I was just unlucky though..
I'm not happy with the US/Repeat ESTA kiosk at all. Although you clear the kiosk quite quickly often it takes ages to get that damn stamp in the passport as they have just one guy manning the exit. Last time in IAD I had to wait over an hour after I got the "go" from the passport reader

Saw some travelers on the same plane which cleared the normal immigration faster than me.

Anyway, I just found out the best thing about Global Entry (next to the fast immigration) is - you don't get stamps in the passport anymore
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by Oflyt
I know the Boston route is still very new but I was very surprised travelling back on SK928 last night and only 12 people in SAS GO (everyone got a row each). FWIW Business seemed very full though. I hope this route can be sustained because it is a great destination
You would think it would be easy to fill 80-90 seats with the CPH hub from BOS.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by SusanDK
How is BOS for immigration / transiting / connections?

It's nice to have another option on the east coast for connecting in the U.S. I dislike EWR and IAD. Is Logan any better?
I've never been through BOS, so I can't tell about the immigration, but connections out of BOS sucks. So far I haven't been able to find a BOS connection flight for any of my US destinations. Not even if I search for it as a separate leg.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I've never been through BOS, so I can't tell about the immigration, but connections out of BOS sucks. So far I haven't been able to find a BOS connection flight for any of my US destinations. Not even if I search for it as a separate leg.
Good point. I just took a peek and I'd have the same problem. Looks like there are a lot of JetBlue flights to my usual destination, but I wouldn't be able to connect with SK/Star on a single PNR.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Good point. I just took a peek and I'd have the same problem. Looks like there are a lot of JetBlue flights to my usual destination, but I wouldn't be able to connect with SK/Star on a single PNR.
SK can interline with B6 and even AA on some fares, if you have a TA with half a brain its easy peasy...
Old May 2, 2016, 8:34 am

It appears SK simply hasn't updated their website booking engine to connect in Boston in either direction. I have a few itineraries coming up where I was also surprised not to see Boston in the list of connection options. There are a few AC destinations that make more sense to/from BOS instead of EWR.

Wether this is simply not done yet or done on purpose as a result of only flying a small aircraft I do not know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.