Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
However, I understand that 1-2-1 is the layout, but like I said earlier, no one has confirmed that the window adjacent seats on the 340 are indeed row 2, 4, 6, and 8.
I'm pretty sure this was already confirmed, but they are indeed. Or at least they where when I flew OY-KBA.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I'm pretty sure this was already confirmed, but they are indeed. Or at least they where when I flew OY-KBA.
Thanks for confirming!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:38 pm
fwm

Originally Posted by fassy
Hmmm... on my last 4 trips the FAs blocked the aisle to the Plus section until all business passengers had deplaned. Again, that's SK... all about inconsistency
Happened again on my return OSL - EWR flight - absolute mayhem deplaning, Plus passengers deplaning with Business, people pushing etc. At least they're consistent - but consistently poor in this department.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
New planes already starts to be worn down...

And any plans to send the new planes back to be refurbish?!?

Was on LN-RKR (the first A330ER) the other day, and the carpet at seat 4F was already worn down (through the stitching) at the foot rest area...
...and a lot of big visible scratch marks in the black plastic in the rest of the C-cabin; but that I had seen coming with the choice of black colors...
Another thing was the tables that was rattling like hell during take-off and landing; quite noisy, but a gentle finger on it stopped the noise...another sign of a low quality in my opinion...

It was my 5th flight in a new C-class cabin and the first time I noticed the above things; hopefully it is only this plane, otherwise it seems that there will be a "minor" refurbish need at least every second year...

Can't imagine that SAS can be satisfied with a 8 month old bird already looks like a 8 years old one (in some areas at least) when still promoting the "New Cabin"...
Old May 12, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: LX SEN
SAS SFO-CPH J brief report

This is my first time flying the new biz cabin of SAS 340. I had the seat 4H (window). It was spacious, including the foot cubby. The flight itself was pretty uneventful. The high point for me flying Western coast to Europe is the breathtaking view of the first hour. I took full advantage of that.

Pros: 1) nice food spread, cart service of both appetizer and dessert. The attendants changed into chef(?) outfit for meal service.
2) nice seat with a lot of storage compartments. The mattress and blanket were great for sleeping.
3) Quiet cabin: the biz class was full, however, the flight attendants did an excellent job to make sure everybody could enjoy several restful hours. I slept almost 5 hours straight.

Cons: 1) half of the bathrooms were clogged and thus shut down before the take off. I wonder if the age of the aircraft can be accounted for such an incident. There was 1 bathroom available in J, and 3 in Y. This created some stress given the 10 hour flight time.

2) broken espresso machine: I understand that if it is the 737 out of BOS, there would be no space for an espresso machine. However, it is a little pity that this espresso machine was also malfunctioned.

3) This is really minor: but I do enjoy my dessert with a cup of hot tea. However, they served the final tea about 30mins after they serve the dessert, even after their first attempt of cleaning off the table. I guess it is just not something I got accustomed to.

Overall, I enjoyed my flight despite the hardware glitches.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by loveairborne
Cons: 1) half of the bathrooms were clogged and thus shut down before the take off. I wonder if the age of the aircraft can be accounted for such an incident. There was 1 bathroom available in J, and 3 in Y. This created some stress given the 10 hour flight time.
The lav system should have been replaced with the last D-Check where they also did the cabin retrofit. I don't think this has anything to do witht the age of the aircraft. More probably some idiotic pax on the out-bound CPH-SFO clogging the toilets with paper towels and SK has no service crew in SFO to fix this.

3) This is really minor: but I do enjoy my dessert with a cup of hot tea. However, they served the final tea about 30mins after they serve the dessert, even after their first attempt of cleaning off the table. I guess it is just not something I got accustomed to.
SK service is a hit and miss, mostly more in the miss direction. Best is to just ask and not wait them to be proactive. Then you usually get what you want in no time.

The high point for me flying Western coast to Europe is the breathtaking view of the first hour. I took full advantage of that.
My highlight is always the view on Greenland's coast if the sky is clear.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fassy
The lav system should have been replaced with the last D-Check where they also did the cabin retrofit. I don't think this has anything to do witht the age of the aircraft. More probably some idiotic pax on the out-bound CPH-SFO clogging the toilets with paper towels and SK has no service crew in SFO to fix this.
The entire system is completely flushed during the A check (every ~90h of operation), so when you are just before the next A check the system is pretty clogged and susceptible to faults.
Old May 13, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This might not be accidental. Many good restaurants in Nordics (and specifically so in Copenhagen) on purpose serve coffee and tea after you finished your dessert. This is considered a separate course in these places ... [an airline could have asked you though, how would you like your tea: during or after dessert]
Old May 14, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Really? I've eaten at many restaurants in the Nordics and coffee is always ordered and served with dessert.

Also SK usually serves coffee right after they've been through the cabin with the dessert trolly. I must admit that due to the horrible quality of the brew coffee they serve I practically always skip it and get a proper coffee on arrival.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Really? I've eaten at many restaurants in the Nordics and coffee is always ordered and served with dessert.

Also SK usually serves coffee right after they've been through the cabin with the dessert trolly. I must admit that due to the horrible quality of the brew coffee they serve I practically always skip it and get a proper coffee on arrival.
Depending on the place, but in upscale places dessert would come with wine or port, and the coffee and avec afterwards with petit four, or some other version of something sweets. Coffee is not to be served with the dessert.
That all being said, SK usually does serve the coffee with the dessert. Normally they will dole out the cups when also serving the dessert, and come with the coffee/tea shortly after.
Old May 14, 2016, 1:08 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
When to get coffee/tea

Actually coffee with or after dessert is one point where the Scandinavian countries might do things differently. The Danes tend to be more continental and serve coffee/tea after the sweet, whereas we would have it with the sweet in Norway.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
I would say that it is common in Sweden to serve tea/coffee after the dessert if we are looking at a full 3+ course meal. However you should be offered the option of having it with dessert.

Personally as a tea drinker I like to have something hot and not sweet with the dessert if it is too sweet. If it is like apple pie and custard then I don't drink anything, or have dessert wine. So mostly I have my tea/coffee after the dessert.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Hello SAS flyers. I am considering booking a UA award that contains SFO-CPH on an A340. Is this a lay flat seat? I only have UA J to compare to, should I expect this to be an improvement?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by horse glasses
Hello SAS flyers. I am considering booking a UA award that contains SFO-CPH on an A340. Is this a lay flat seat? I only have UA J to compare to, should I expect this to be an improvement?
SK only have full flat seats in J. Only one back up plane is 2-2-2 configured (still full flat) the rest are 1-2-1 with aisle access from all seats.
While SK is not stellar, a fairly big improvement over UA in all aspects.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by horse glasses
Have you seen availability? SFO-CPH is hard to get... In J almost impossible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.